Phase Plant released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

If you do the subscription for 12 months you get a 100€ voucher at the end. If you do another 12 months, it turns into a 200€ voucher. It's basically rent to own. But vouchers don't stack and they don't work during sales. So going this route, you will definitely pay significantly more than just buying it during a sale. Sales are around 40% off. Picking up freebies (for example through Computer Music Magazine) will decrease the bundle or upgrade price, so doing that is a good idea.

gondii wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:57 pm If you do the subscription for 12 months you get a 100€ voucher at the end. If you do another 12 months, it turns into a 200€ voucher. It's basically rent to own. But vouchers don't stack and they don't work during sales. So going this route, you will definitely pay significantly more than just buying it during a sale. Sales are around 40% off. Picking up freebies (for example through Computer Music Magazine) will decrease the bundle or upgrade price, so doing that is a good idea.

Ah right i understand now , but the 100 euros do stack according to them . So after 2 years you will have 200 euros to buy it at 169 euros , and you'd have paid roughly 240 euros over 2 years but had use of all the extras.

I agree , I'll wait for the sales or a 2nd hand in the buy and sell forum here.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Yes right, they stack if you don't use them. But you'll have paid 240€ for a synth that cost 99€ on sale.

What does work are upgrades. You can just get Phase Plant basic (or professional) during a sale and then pick some of the snapins for free or for cheap and then upgrade at a later time (during a sale of course).

gondii wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:27 pm Yes right, they stack if you don't use them. But you'll have paid 240€ for a synth that cost 99€ on sale.

What does work are upgrades. You can just get Phase Plant basic (or professional) during a sale and then pick some of the snapins for free or for cheap and then upgrade at a later time (during a sale of course).
Nice one thanks , I'll wait for a sale or see if anyone sells it here , cheers

The cheapest way to get Phase Plant is in part of their bundles. I think I only paid $50 or so for it as part of their mega bundle which is usually 40% discount on Black Friday. You get additional money off the bundle for any 'Snap ins' you already own including the free ones already posted above. Also worth knowing if you buy any items direct from their store, including sale items, you get a $30 voucher which keeps repeating.

tactile_coast wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:32 pm The cheapest way to get Phase Plant is in part of their bundles. I think I only paid $50 or so for it as part of their mega bundle which is usually 40% discount on Black Friday. You get additional money off the bundle for any 'Snap ins' you already own including the free ones already posted above. Also worth knowing if you buy any items direct from their store, including sale items, you get a $30 voucher which keeps repeating.
Yeah I am going to wait, the subscription bundle they are offering makes no sense at all.

Hopefully it will come up in a sale or someone will sell it for a decent price in the forum here.

But tbh they seem like a decent company for programming, but clueless with their "subscription" service.

I've been using the demo all morning so far, and its definitely a good synth, but tbh, the modulation just doesn't go far enough for me. All seems a bit basic. In this kind of setup MSEG's should be a definite. Id like to see a lot more modulation options.

Things are quite limited I hope they expand their options as it has so much more potential.

LeVzi wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:17 am But tbh they seem like a decent company for programming, but clueless with their "subscription" service.
Thanks! We do our best.

The subscription is actually a perfect fit for a lot of people. We tried our best to make the options feel like they are about equal in terms of worth to customers. And from our stats it seems like people think they are.

PS. Modulation options are getting a lot of attention for the upcoming free 2.0 update soon-ish.

Per Salbark wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:44 am
LeVzi wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:17 am But tbh they seem like a decent company for programming, but clueless with their "subscription" service.
Thanks! We do our best.

The subscription is actually a perfect fit for a lot of people. We tried our best to make the options feel like they are about equal in terms of worth to customers. And from our stats it seems like people think they are.

PS. Modulation options are getting a lot of attention for the upcoming free 2.0 update soon-ish.
Well how can you justify 240 Euros for a 169 Euro synth over a 2 year period. Yes I understand you get to use all the snap ins etc, for that 2 year period, but after you've earned enough in rewards to buy the synth outright, you got back to 169 Euros and the basic synth.

So no, I don't believe anyone in their right mind would be pleased about that. Surely a rent to own system just for the synth makes more sense and then buy the additional snap ins when you can.

Sorry but its not viable.

But I am pleased to learn that the modulation options will be increased in V2, and I hope MSEG's are part that. From using the demo , I definitely will be getting this but not through the subscription way, i'll way for either a sale here in the marketplace or black friday whatever.

LeVzi wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:53 am So no, I don't believe anyone in their right mind would be pleased about that.
That's fine. You don't have to believe it.

I must admit the subscription scheme doesn't make a lot of sense as there just isn't a fast enough release cycle to make it worth while, you need to be adding paid high value new stuff (not packs of 50 pre-sets) frequently for subscription to have value.

I bought Ultimate over a year ago and have only had to spend about 20E to stay current...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Per Salbark wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:58 am
LeVzi wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:53 am So no, I don't believe anyone in their right mind would be pleased about that.
That's fine. You don't have to believe it.
Well I don't, thats why I stated it. Its pretty obvious from what you get to what you'll eventually receive its simply bad math. Its better to get the synth on sale, or even at full price, and buy the additional packs over time, and you'd save more than being subscribed and paying 9.99 for 3 - 4 years to get enough rewards to own it all outright. Ultimate is what, 499 Euros, thats 5 years of 9.99 per month. That's 599 Euros in total. So 100 euros over the top. And you have to pay it for 5 years which is quite frankly absurd

I understand as a company you want to make money, but surely the prices are including some kind of profit for your R&D costs surely ?

That's why the subscription makes little or no sense. Buying it outright and getting the additional effects over time would be the statistically better option i'd like to wager. And for those on a budget who cannot or don't want to fork out 500 euros in one go, would prefer a more sensible option to get the plugin rent-to-own over a year or 2.

As I said before, phase plant is good, its got my attention enough to want to own it, and knowing that you are going to improve it further in V2 also is good to know.

LeVzi wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:25 am That's why the subscription makes little or no sense.
I agree if you are looking at 'value' and have several hundred pounds to get started (or £400 to get it all) but if you don't have enough money to buy it and just want to use PP in a project for a few months then subscription could get an album finished. Or, you could subscribe for 3 months (30E) and after that time realise you actually don't use/like it that much in which case you will probably have saved money in what you loose re-selling software!

You can also just subscribe for 10E a month for instant gratification whilst you wait for the (inevitable) sales and test everything fully to see what you want to buy!

No one has to subscribe, everything is for sale and the 'complete my bundle' option and many, many sales make it easy to 'buy as you go along' as you suggest- there have been several sales to get PP for 99USD as well to get you started.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:37 am
LeVzi wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:25 am That's why the subscription makes little or no sense.
I agree if you are looking at 'value' and have several hundred pounds to get started (or £400 to get it all) but if you don't have enough money to buy it and just want to use PP in a project for a few months then subscription could get an album finished. Or, you could subscribe for 3 months (30E) and after that time realise you actually don't use/like it that much in which case you will probably have saved money in what you loose re-selling software!

You can also just subscribe for 10E a month for instant gratification whilst you wait for the (inevitable) sales and test everything fully to see what you want to buy!

No one has to subscribe, everything is for sale and the 'complete my bundle' option and many, many sales make it easy to 'buy as you go along' as you suggest- there have been several sales to get PP for 99USD as well to get you started.
Yeah true, but id rather not be spending money on a synth and all its components waiting for a sale. Only to get it and get the whole thing stripped back. Its a case of waiting for offers, but I've so many other synths its not remotely essential, it just seems like a great idea that i'd use but i'll wait for the best way to obtain it. I was just surprised to learn about the subscription that they claim is better than rent to own. It clearly isn't.

LeVzi wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:45 am I was just surprised to learn about the subscription that they claim is better than rent to own. It clearly isn't.
No, it isnt...but if you do subscription and not rent to won then you have to say that really don't you ;-)

I would suggest a better model for KH is to let people subscribe and then 'knock off' what they have paid in subscription when they buy (even in a sale)
Last edited by SLiC on Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”