Updated U-He MFM2 1st look + Urs interview

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sorry for being pedantic, but it is simply not clear at all what you meant, because a small b is always bit and it's very common to state either bits or bytes per second and not standardized at all

And of course it is not that important, it wasn't a criticism, just a hint that noone but you will know for sure what you actually meant by that (of course those who know the exact specs already by themself knew, but for them, these information are already standard knowledge)

Oh and sorry for the OT derailing from my side
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

all good - i like pedantry

Anyway, I get it thanks for the replies, IME external drives were never worth much under USB. Old tech though, no doubt, since it's been a while. The mac thing is going to take some consideration, as for the Imac a minimum config for me would run about $2500. The macbook pro, or the mini are also possibilities, as is just forgetting the whole thing. The limited specs are annoying to me, more so than the money considering I spent easily $6 on 7k on the last PC I built in 2012, which I am still using. :shrug:

pekbro wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:07 am Anyway, I get it thanks for the replies, IME external drives were never worth much under USB. Old tech though, no doubt, since it's been a while. The mac thing is going to take some consideration, as for the Imac a minimum config for me would run about $2500. The macbook pro, or the mini are also possibilities, as is just forgetting the whole thing. The limited specs are annoying to me, more so than the money considering I spent easily $6 on 7k on the last PC I built in 2012, which I am still using. :shrug:
I'm using one of these with x3 external SSD: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0711 ... UTF8&psc=1

I try to keep as much as I can on the externals over the internal drive. Without getting into specs, the transfer time is fast with SSDs.

The missus has my old 2011 iMac. The original HD died, but we replaced it with a 512GB SSD 3 years ago and it's keeping up for all her work needs. We have an external drive for her to keep all her music on, but that's been replaced by Spotify :shrug:

pekbro wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:07 am Anyway, I get it thanks for the replies, IME external drives were never worth much under USB. Old tech though, no doubt, since it's been a while. The mac thing is going to take some consideration, as for the Imac a minimum config for me would run about $2500. The macbook pro, or the mini are also possibilities, as is just forgetting the whole thing. The limited specs are annoying to me, more so than the money considering I spent easily $6 on 7k on the last PC I built in 2012, which I am still using. :shrug:
I'd wait for the M1X then, the M1 are all considered entry level and replaced more or less i3 and i5, hence the hard limits on RAM. It's simply that the chips just work insanely well so it's easy to forget they're entry level when they smoke i9s :lol:

Yeah, likely ill wait for the new apple processors.
@elxsound, thanks that looks pretty cool and handy.

-cheers

Here is my presentation of the MFM2 :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI4ynrq_4GM&t=1s
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Would love to have a beta already. Any talk about release date?
rabbit in a hole

OMG - I was so worn out from talking I sound almost a bit drunk :lol: :lol: :lol:

Autobot wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:59 pm Would love to have a beta already. Any talk about release date?
Still quite a few tickets to go before we can go public...

Urs wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:12 pm
Autobot wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:59 pm Would love to have a beta already. Any talk about release date?
Still quite a few tickets to go before we can go public...
How much will the cpu hit change? I love MFM2 because I can do so much with it (delay, reverb, time modulation) and I can stack a couple (in fact almost unlimited) number of instances because it's so cpu friendly. Thanks
rabbit in a hole

No big impact on CPU. I guess the extra in quality will cancel out with the extra in overall performance boost of the recent update cycle.

I haven't had any need to benchmark yet.

Will there be any re-introductory pricing? Or just more of a 'keep it as is as not to piss anyone off' approach?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:46 pm Will there be any re-introductory pricing? Or just more of a 'keep it as is as not to piss anyone off' approach?
As we did with Repro - buy now at the current price, get a free upgrade. But when it's out, the price will go up with the release, or shortly thereafter.

Any international orders for those CVilization tees, or would shipping costs not be worth the effort?

Return to “Effects”