how much do you charge?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, i wanted to check what you guys charge normally and how do you handle the fees?
E.g. how much do you charge per music track and do you take also royalty fees if someone sells a product which features your music?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

how long is a piece of string?

What is it you expect to charge for?

What service are you providing in return for the fee?

20 for a handy
50 & up for anything else
Never call me on a Sunday
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Caine123 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:55 am how much do you charge per music track and do you take also royalty fees if someone sells a product which features your music?
Can you be more specific? Charge who for what exactly?

Within the music industry, different services or products attract different charges, also your status within the industry will have a big influence. I am guessing that as you needed to ask the vague question that you have, you are not an established professional so that will affect the answers to your question.

To allow anyone to give you a reasonable answer you must provide full details including the country that you are based is as different rates apply in different countrys.

Acording to your user information, you list FL Studio as your DAW.
This will also limit you on a professional level depending on what exactly it is you are doing, what your services are and more importantly, who is it that you intend to levy a charge against.

The devil is in the details....

If I'm ever commissioned to make music, I will work that out with the potential client depending on what they're asking for.

I did a half-hour set for an internet radio show, no money offered nor asked for. I also have a couple of agreements with people allowing them to use my music for specific non-profit purposes. My albums are all pay-what-you-want on Bandcamp (when people are nice enough to throw a few dollars, and they frequently are, that's great). I spend $0 and very little effort on promotion.

event2020 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:10 pm Acording to your user information, you list FL Studio as your DAW.
:eyeroll: A pro is not "someone who uses Pro Tools"

event2020 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:10 pm Acording to your user information, you list FL Studio as your DAW.
This will also limit you on a professional level depending on what exactly it is you are doing, what your services are and more importantly, who is it that you intend to levy a charge against.

I don’t sell my tracks. But you can hire me on an hourly basis to make something you can keep the rights over. No royalty split nonsense. Rates depend on how much I like you, the project and so on.. and also how much creative control I get. So let’s say 50-100 euro/hour.. something like that. Below that it’s really not worth it but if it’s a quick job I’m more inclined to do it as a favor.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”