Computer reset

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there fellow KVRians!

I got a quick question (and I'm hoping I chose the right channel :hihi: ):

As I'm about to reset my MB, I just wanted to quick check, if I got to deactivate my plugins, before doing that? Because I got some plugs for e.g. in iLok activated to this individual MB.

Haven't done this before so please excuse my noobness - I am kind of afraid, that the plugins stop working after a hard reset..?

Thanks in advance!
PS: Using Logic Pro X

All the best! :phones:

Reset how? What? You need to describe the process a bit more elaborate.

In the good old days a reset was just pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del (reboot DOS, before it became something else in Windows) but I doubt you're about to do something simple as that for the first time.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:30 pm Reset how? What? You need to describe the process a bit more elaborate.

In the good old days a reset was just pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del (reboot DOS, before it became something else in Windows) but I doubt you're about to do something simple as that for the first time.
Oh ok, sorry!

So, I want to clean up my hard drive, by reseting it (like format c on windows, deleting the data on the whole hard drive).
Since I got some plugins installed on my MacBook, the question is, if I got to deactivate each of the plugins before doing the hard drive reset?

I just did this myself. I think it was Sylenth1 that I burned an activation because I didn't deactivate. The rest of my plugs allowed me to deactivate old installations after the fact. iLok plugs were the easiest for me. They just worked when I reinstalled them.

Downangle wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:08 pm I just did this myself. I think it was Sylenth1 that I burned an activation because I didn't deactivate. The rest of my plugs allowed me to deactivate old installations after the fact. iLok plugs were the easiest for me. They just worked when I reinstalled them.
Thank you!!!

Is there anyone with an even more specific knowledge, knowing which Plugs I MUST deactivate (in order to not lose the slot) and which are voluntarily?

EVERYONE knows which of the thousands of plugins that exist you have installed.

BertKoor wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:30 pm Reset how? What? You need to describe the process a bit more elaborate.

People like you annoy the hell out of me. No matter how clear anyone is in their question you always get someone who questions the query, as if to belittle them, and then dont bother to answer after the question is clarified. Its as if your just bumping your post count. Just answer the damn question unless its completely obscure. If anyone needs belittling its you, as anyone with an ounce of sense can conclude from his question that he was going to wipe his PC hardware wise in some way, MB and ILOK being big hints.

twasq,

The best solution would be to check your plugins website for such information, if they need deactivation prior to an installation on another PC, as changing your Motherboard or resetting your machine in a hardware situation may require this.

henryparsnip wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:10 pm

People like you annoy the hell out of me. No matter how clear anyone is in their question you always get someone who questions the query, as if to belittle them, and then dont bother to answer after the question is clarified. Its as if your just bumping your post count. Just answer the damn question unless its completely obscure. If anyone needs belittling its you, as anyone with an ounce of sense can conclude from his question that he was going to wipe his PC hardware wise in some way, MB and ILOK being big hints.

twasq,

The best solution would be to check your plugins website for such information, if they need deactivation prior to an installation on another PC, as changing your Motherboard or resetting your machine in a hardware situation may require this.
BertKoor is right. He asked for clarification as seemingly OP was talking nonsense. And now we have clear picture of what's going on, what is your problem anyway?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

You quoted my problem. Would you like me to repeat it? If the OP was talking nonsense then how come I understood and answered his question?

DJ Warmonger wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:25 pm
henryparsnip wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:10 pm

twasq,

BertKoor is right. He asked for clarification as seemingly OP was talking nonsense. And now we have clear picture of what's going on, what is your problem anyway?
You quoted my problem. Would you like me to repeat it? If the OP was talking nonsense then how come I understood and answered his question?

Sorry, but the question was inaccurate and not clear. He first said reset the motherboard, only later said whipe clear the harddisk. All should be good now btw according to the OP.

I have learned the hard way:
Assumption is the mother of all f#ck-ups
Better ask for clarification than make a fool of anyone.

Could you please clarify what part of my post was belittling? I read it over & over, don't see it.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

The belittling part was questioning his question when to me it seemed quite clear.
This will be my last post on the matter due to you being gracious enough to answer my question on a different thread a few moments ago, to which I thank you.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”