UAD Plugins.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah....I don't have the V76, I demo-ed it and a/b'ed it with the PA Audio one and preferred the PA one, or at least couldn't justify the difference in pricing (the PA one was on sale for $29 at the time I think).
rsp
sound sculptist

Weird. I responded to you and you ignored me.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

kodzin wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:28 am I CAN choose 1 more free from this: https://www.uaudio.com/refer/

i was thinking Fairchild or is there something better in there ?
From that list, the Fairchild is maybe the best as it's a great mix/master compressor. (though also great on vocals and acoustic instruments). Lots of places used to use these to master for vinyl. The other comps on your list are maybe better suited to individual tracks.

*If* you have an apollo device and plan to do a lot of recording (vocals/guitars) then maybe the V76 is an option if you preferred in the longer term for a more 'modern' mix compressor like the API 2500 to the Fairchild.

Fairchild. No doubt.

I personally as a guitar player love the Helios 69. I have the “legacy” version and it still sounds so full on vocals and guitar. Heck it sounds good on pretty much everything I use it on!

But the fairchild is quite wonderful indeed. Just depends on what you’re looking for.

I would recommend demoing the Century Tube Channel Strip. It's a UAD designed channel strip which sounds really nice,.
It could very well suit the type of music you make. Being a UAD designed product that is not a plugin version of any particular hardware, it has no direct equivalent from any other developer. But I think it uses quite a bit of the UAD cards' resources.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:51 pm Weird. I responded to you and you ignored me.
To me or to the OP?
rsp
sound sculptist

hesnotthemessiah wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:30 am I would recommend demoing the Century Tube Channel Strip. It's a UAD designed channel strip which sounds really nice,.
It could very well suit the type of music you make. Being a UAD designed product that is not a plugin version of any particular hardware, it has no direct equivalent from any other developer. But I think it uses quite a bit of the UAD cards' resources.
This is pretty good advice actually. I said maybe V76 pre if Kodzin has an apollo, but this one might work better for the vocal types they said, and they have anyway selected the 1176 which coudl be used after this pre.

zvenx wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:50 am
zerocrossing wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:51 pm Weird. I responded to you and you ignored me.
To me or to the OP?
rsp
The OP. I saw his post asking for a referral soon after he posted it. I replied in the thread and sent a PM, and he ignored me.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Ahh.
For sure i wouldn't, once i got it from you.
rsp
sound sculptist

UAD AMS Neve DFC.

The silent killer.

Raddler1 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:44 am UAD AMS Neve DFC.

The silent killer.
Truth

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:25 pm
zvenx wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:50 am
To me or to the OP?
rsp
The OP. I saw his post asking for a referral soon after he posted it. I replied in the thread and sent a PM, and he ignored me.
Sorry i already got it, few seconds after posting that thread, and was busy for few weeks now.

SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:12 pm I personally as a guitar player love the Helios 69. I have the “legacy” version and it still sounds so full on vocals and guitar. Heck it sounds good on pretty much everything I use it on!

But the fairchild is quite wonderful indeed. Just depends on what you’re looking for.
It's weird that Helios doesn't get as much hype as Neve, API, and SSL, since pretty much every classic hard rock album from the biggest bands of '70s rock were all recorded on Helios, not Neve or API (and SSL didn't even exist yet.) We're talking Led Zep, ACDC, Eric Clapton, Rolling Stones...
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

For any UAD plugin that's also available natively, I think it's much better value both from a money standpoint and DSP standpoint to buy it native. That includes all the Brainworx plugins, Vertigo plugins, Softube plugins, Sonnox / Oxford range etc.

I love the UAD plugins I have (mainly use the Neve 1073, 1176, LA2A, Studer/Ampex), but I try to avoid them in my mix sessions as much as possible because I work on the go a lot and having to have a Apollo plugged in is a dealbreaker, and even on a Quad or Hexa interface the DSP is really limited in 2021.
multi-platinum music producer / songwriter
https://www.takaperry.com

Return to “Effects”