Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

yup, just posted about that a few days ago.

fmr wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:49 pm The stupid and annoying Roland Cloud Manager is becoming worse every day.

Now, it keeps popping up with a warning that there are updates available. When I open it and list the "Updatable" items there is NONE. Anyone else experiencing this behavior?
I used to have this problem on older versions of RCM but the latest one works fine here.
Are you using Mac or PC?

fmr wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:49 pm The stupid and annoying Roland Cloud Manager is becoming worse every day.

Now, it keeps popping up with a warning that there are updates available. When I open it and list the "Updatable" items there is NONE. Anyone else experiencing this behavior?
Been getting that for months.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

D-Fusion wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:49 pm

I used to have this problem on older versions of RCM but the latest one works fine here.
It's only a matter of time.

planetearth wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:29 pm

Steve
Why on earth can't they come up with something that simply WORKS? After so much time already...

Not only that, they had to add all that stupid hardware stuff, to make the think even worse.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:10 am
planetearth wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:29 pm

Steve
Why on earth can't they come up with something that simply WORKS? After so much time already...

Not only that, they had to add all that stupid hardware stuff, to make the think even worse.
Right?! And like a fool, I step through each screen in RCM, just to see if I'm missing whatever update the "UPDATES AVAILABLE" message is screaming about. Invariably, I'm not missing any updates, and even a thorough un-/re-install (with the latest version) does nothing to resolve the issue.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

I think "updates" isn't just updates to what you have (the logical thing). Thought someone posted about that here in the recent past. Maybe it was on GS.

rezoneight wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:16 pm I think "updates" isn't just updates to what you have (the logical thing). Thought someone posted about that here in the recent past. Maybe it was on GS.
At least for me, it only tells me about updates for things I've actually installed, as you'd expect.
Stormchild

rezoneight wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:16 pm I think "updates" isn't just updates to what you have (the logical thing). Thought someone posted about that here in the recent past. Maybe it was on GS.
If the "updates" doesn't refer to what we have installed, then the stupid thing should simply SHUT-UP, instead of annoying users with useless pop-up messages.

This is simply lazy, badly planned and badly programmed stuff.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:16 am
If the "updates" doesn't refer to what we have installed, then the stupid thing should simply SHUT-UP, instead of annoying users with useless pop-up messages.

Hi, fmr! Brian from Roland Cloud here. There is a simple way to turn off notifications. Located in the preferences menu in the lower left corner of Roland Cloud Manager, you'll find three check boxes, one of them will be "Allow Desktop Notifications." There is another option for "Auto-update My Instruments" that you can utilize to automatically update as new versions are released. Let me know if this corrects your issue. If you need further assistance, we can check the system logs and see if there is something else going with the notification process. Thanks!

Hey, friends. Lots of fun stuff going on this week. We've just released our Sounds of Berlin Sample Pack by Jonny Strinati, as well as our TR-909 Legends of House & Techno Patch Collection by Carlos Vasquez. Check em out!

Sounds of Berlin Sample Pack

"Conjure magic and mysticism with this shadowy stockpile of techno samples by Johnny Strinati. With influences gleaned from the world-renowned Berlin techno scene, these pulsing drums, eerie leads, and titanic basses will shroud your tracks with wicked intrigue."
https://www.rolandcloud.com/news/sounds ... -available

Tr-909 Legends of House & Techno.

"Build powerhouse tracks with foundational rhythm sounds with TR-909 Legends of House and Techno, a hallmark patch collection for Roland’s ACB recreation of the legendary TR-909."
https://www.rolandcloud.com/news/new-tr ... collection

Thanks!

Brian.McClelland wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:01 pm
fmr wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:16 am

Hi, fmr! Brian from Roland Cloud here. There is a simple way to turn off notifications. Located in the preferences menu in the lower left corner of Roland Cloud Manager, you'll find three check boxes, one of them will be "Allow Desktop Notifications." There is another option for "Auto-update My Instruments" that you can utilize to automatically update as new versions are released. Let me know if this corrects your issue. If you need further assistance, we can check the system logs and see if there is something else going with the notification process. Thanks!
Thanks Brian, and while what you're suggesting is an option, this will turn off notifications for legitimate updates, right? The problem we're having is that RCM says there are updates available when there are none. Turning off notifications of legitimate updates doesn't really solve the problem.

EDIT: I just went into RCM to do what Brian suggested, and saw a legitimate "update" (or so I thought) to Zenology Lite: Apparently, v1.6.3 was available, with "Update" lit up to the right. So I updated it and Zenbeats Free (which was also supposed to have an update). RCM downloaded and installed both, after which I ended up with Zenology Lite v1.6.3 (again), and Zenbeats Free 2.2.1.

No matter how often I let RCM download and update Zenology Lite, I still end up with v1.6.3 and the "Update" notice to the right.

Steve

Arashi wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:53 am
At least for me, it only tells me about updates for things I've actually installed, as you'd expect.
Can't find what I was referring to so maybe I'm just full of shit :) However on my Mac if I click on the RCM icon and get that little popup that allows you to open the app it ALWAYS says updates available.

rezoneight wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:28 pm Can't find what I was referring to so maybe I'm just full of shit :) However on my Mac if I click on the RCM icon and get that little popup that allows you to open the app it ALWAYS says updates available.
Other people have also reported it says there are updates when there aren't any. Mine says "all instruments up to date". Maybe they don't handle migration very well when things change under the hood during certain RCM updates. Reinstalling might help (which is never a good sign for software quality).
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:18 pm Reinstalling might help (which is never a good sign for software quality).
...no, doesn't help at all.
I reinstalled the software manager several times only for testing, but still have the notice that there is an update for "Zenology Pro".
Last week it was for "Zenology FX"... it changes from time to time but mainly the "updates" are for the Zenology stuff.

Return to “Instruments”