Plogue OPS7 (bit-accurate DX7 emulation!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
chipsynth OPS7

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:29 pm PLease add the option for gui scalling between 80 and 90 % , 75 is just a bit too small for me
yes definitely

This was an Insta-Buy for me.

Will there be poly aftertouch implementation along mpe?

ElVincente wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:00 am Will there be poly aftertouch implementation along mpe?
Only if you can provide proof that you own a parrot :wink:
No auto tune...

davidv@plogue wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:52 pm
fmr wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:33 pm You defintely should follow a much more graphical approach. After all, we are not in the eighties anymore and the advantage of using a computer is to be able to "see" things. What's the advantage of just seeing knobs and text boxes?
I'm afraid you do not know the work involved in making the sorts of UIs you want. You will have to look elsewhere I'm afraid. If I had the budget of other developers I wouldn't hesitate to put more thoughts in our UIs. With our size we focus on the sound and on the research.
I think I know, but anyway. It's your synth, it's your decision.

There are a lot of small programmers (so small or even smaller than you) that are much more careful with the UI. KV331 (Synthmaster) is an example that comes to mind. Vital Audio is another (he even gives it's synth away for free). These are just two that I remember, but I could quote many more. It's your call, but I am pretty convinced that the way it is, your synth will be relegated to a niche. There isn't any incompatibility between paying attention to GUI design and creating great sounding synths. And the GUI design is as important as the sound, IMO.

This was an honest and (I think) constructive criticism, but since you don't want it, I will not bother you more with this.
Fernando (FMR)

Watched the video, great stuff! I like it when I have to struggle a little to understand, and I definitely don't understand everything, but just enough to follow. Nice to see that David has also been doing stuff for MAME (was just playing with it recently). :)

(Argh, how do I set the default UI zoom for the plugin? New instances always open at 100%...)

Captain wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:57 am
(Argh, how do I set the default UI zoom for the plugin? New instances always open at 100%...)
You can save your config as your default in the preset menu

Very nice first impression - better than the rest from my point of view.
If I could wish it would be nice if there were undo/redo and a compare button when editing.

ukm wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:30 am Very nice first impression - better than the rest from my point of view.
If I could wish it would be nice if there were undo/redo and a compare button when editing.
1+

Lucastyle wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:15 am You can save your config as your default in the preset menu
Ahh, yeah, I found this in the standalone, but not in the plugin. But got it now, thanks! :ud:

fmr wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:50 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:48 pm What's the most intuitive fm synth UI? The newest Reason one?
How many do you know? Not many, apparently.
If there is a point to your comment please elaborate rather than being passive aggressive and adding nothing to the conversation.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:43 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:48 pm What's the most intuitive fm synth UI? The newest Reason one?
Does this look very intuitive to you? :D

What is better? What FM synth UIs do you like? What UI would look clean with that sort of patch?
Last edited by briefcasemanx on Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You weren't asking me, but I like F.'em and DX7 V. I like how DX7 V has a small display for the algorithms right in the middle of the main UI and is still visible at the bottom when you click the Advanced button. F.'em doesn't have any set in stone, so you have to create them yourself, but I wish it had a way to save them.
Last edited by Examigan on Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bug ?
Initialise the synth
Choose algo 19 , extended mode on
Only enable operator 4 (or operator 5) , now move the pan knob of the operator
Noise creeps in when panning , this doesn't happen with other algo's and strangely enough also not with operator 1
upon closer inspection , it seems that when totally panned left ( or right ) certain samples of the operator waveform are missing and still present in the other channel , hence the noise
Def. a bug
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

digitalboytn wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:33 am
ElVincente wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:00 am Will there be poly aftertouch implementation along mpe?
Only if you can provide proof that you own a parrot :wink:
Damn it :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”