DDMF & MagicDeathEye MagicVerb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MagicDeathEye MagicDeathEyeStereo MagicVerb

https://ddmf.eu/magicverb/

Lol. That GUI.

What is it?

MagicVerb is the latest result of the collaboration between MagicDeathEye aka Ian Sefchick and DDMF. This journey was a little more creative as we weren’t modeling a piece of hardware. We were modeling spaces and experimenting with EQ and texture. Ian spent a decade working at a studio known for its chambers and that dark beautiful feeling of space was always with him when creating these models. We had a lot of his engineer and producer buddies check em’ out and used their feedback to tighten everything up. We also put a really cool plate and model of a classic digital reverb in there as well.
There’s nothing new under the sun and this has all been done before, so the objective was to make a reverb plugin as useful as the Magic Death Eye compressor plugins. A real utility reverb that works on everything and is super easy to operate. A reverb with depth, texture, and lots of love. A MagicVerb!

$99/$69 intro price until October 15

Looks like a freebie from late 1990s. The price though!

Reminds me of Python (Monty).
I tried multiple instances of it on a mix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWkqSpRHmhU

You beat me to it, I just wanted to say that the gui looks like it was designed by Terry Gilliam...

lol. I was wondering why it looked so familiar yet so odd.

I'm embarrassed for the developer....... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

masterhiggins wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:47 pm Image
Nice knob.

Looks bad, sounds ok, very little control and the stretch algorithm sounds awful. No eq or filter.
No thanks…

Looks freaking amazing and fun. Not worth the price but for 29$ I‘d get it just for the looks!

I think the "style" they were going for with the design is cool, and I'm glad it's not another plugin that looks like a futuristic anime computer terminal, or a piece of outboard gear. BUT, I think the composition of the elements is not good, there's weird negative space, and the weird huge nonsense blobs of saturated color don't look good for the background. The color scheme could be a bit more nuanced. Could probably be fixed in Photoshop in an hour.

SteveWZ wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:38 pm Reminds me of Python (Monty).
Yes indeed and that is absolutely on purpose:
While the interface obviously pays tribute to the glory days of British comedy, the chambers will, in all seriousness, help you to achieve that lush, smooth and rich reverb featured on so many hit records, from the times of Frank Sinatra all the way to the present.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Seriously ? No controls on the reverb parameters ? When I received the email I thought this thing was just a funny simplified interface before you can select the "real" complex professional one... :shrug:

Not even gonna try it...
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:26 pm I think the "style" they were going for with the design is cool, and I'm glad it's not another plugin that looks like a futuristic anime computer terminal, or a piece of outboard gear. BUT, I think the composition of the elements is not good, there's weird negative space, and the weird huge nonsense blobs of saturated color don't look good for the background.
that‘s the whole point. my gosh, people and their mechanical technical perfectionism today makes me sick. The GUI is weird, experimental (the negative spacing is part of it) but the point is the vibe and artistic expression, which I personally find spot on and refreshing in our times. Expecting mechanical perfectionism is like f**** auto-tuned vocals the world is getting punished with since over a decade.

I like the look of it. But I assume it's convolution-based. As much as I like the MagicDeathEye compressor, this is not tempting me.

It's really hard to sell me a reverb plugin at this point. It's got to be unique, creative, but not necessarily realistic, and yet not cost more than the extremely excellent Valhalla plugins.

Return to “Effects”