What's the future of analog modeled plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:48 am
Ploki wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:19 amf**king wood
We've listened.

Screenshot 2021-09-24 at 12.47.11.png

:hihi:
wow, i was actually thinking about you guys when i said that because Alexey already yeeted the wood off his plugs. :lol:
you never disappoint
:hug: :party:

We've listened.

next up "programmed scent of real analog circuits, including mystery dead thing inside that smells like cooking meat when you switch on" 8)

vurt wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:00 pm
We've listened.
next up "programmed scent of real analog circuits, including mystery dead thing inside that smells like cooking meat when you switch on" 8)
Not quite so out there but have wondered if any devs would model the drifting tuning of oscillators as it's first loaded (like you need to wait at least 5 minutes before its properly 'warmed up') :)
Last edited by mcbpete on Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This thread was truncated on my monitor and it really caught my attention! :wink:

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 10.53.10 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

plexuss wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:03 pm
gives new meaning to "back" to the future? :shrug:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

mcbpete wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:55 pm Not quite so out there but have wondered if any devs would model the drifting tuning of oscillators as it's first loaded (like you need to wait at least 5 minutes before its properly 'warmed up') :)
Roland Jupiter X/Xm has such a feature :party: :roll:
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

You had me at leopard spots. :love:

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:51 pm
mcbpete wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:55 pm Not quite so out there but have wondered if any devs would model the drifting tuning of oscillators as it's first loaded (like you need to wait at least 5 minutes before its properly 'warmed up') :)
Yowzers - really ?! You're going to get Waves plugins going forward that after a year or so randomly corrupt bits of the code to emulate failing components (that you have to get fixed with WUP)

mcbpete wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:20 pm
TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:51 pm
Yowzers - really ?! You're going to get Waves plugins going forward that after a year or so randomly corrupt bits of the code to emulate failing components (that you have to get fixed with WUP)
Don't give anyone ideas, or pretty soon IK will be selling Credits for the Repair Shop. :o
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

plexuss wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:03 pm This thread was truncated on my monitor and it really caught my attention! :wink:

I have my students sometimes check out the forum for novelties or random info and they pointed this out to me as well... lol
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Every time the backlight for the needle metering dims when GR is done heavily gets me excited.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:40 am
Agreed wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:38 pm I feel skeuomorphism and analog-modeling will become less and less prominent as analog gear becomes less focused on.
The problem with that is that its not 'less focussed on'. Its more and more focussed on, as evinced by the massive resurgence of analog hardware, including Eurorack and cheap desktop synths.

In fact, thinking about it, maybe it'd become less and less prominent because analog gear is actually far more easily obtainable and cheap than it has been since plugins became prevalent?

So maybe more of an 'if analog gear becomes less focussed on' ?
But, No. People will just want emulations of all the more modern analog synths!

Analogue filtering emulation isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

While y'all are discussing the future, some of us are already living it. I'm using this preset on all my tracks for maximum analogness.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yeah, well I attached real wood to the sides of my iMac and bolted a couple of Moog knobs to the front panel to make the entire computer analog. Now, if I could just get Apple to rename iTunes to iWon'tStayInTunes...
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:15 pm Yeah, well I attached real wood to the sides of my iMac and bolted a couple of Moog knobs to the front panel to make the entire computer analog. Now, if I could just get Apple to rename iTunes to iWon'tStayInTunes...
What kind of wood? Oak? I've heard that some types of wood, e.g. pine, don't sound as analog as oak.

Return to “Effects”