Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

EnochLight wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:20 pm
fmr wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:47 am
Brian.McClelland wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:01 pm
fmr wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:16 am
rezoneight wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:16 pm I think "updates" isn't just updates to what you have (the logical thing). Thought someone posted about that here in the recent past. Maybe it was on GS.
If the "updates" doesn't refer to what we have installed, then the stupid thing should simply SHUT-UP, instead of annoying users with useless pop-up messages.

This is simply lazy, badly planned and badly programmed stuff.
Hi, fmr! Brian from Roland Cloud here. There is a simple way to turn off notifications. Located in the preferences menu in the lower left corner of Roland Cloud Manager, you'll find three check boxes, one of them will be "Allow Desktop Notifications." There is another option for "Auto-update My Instruments" that you can utilize to automatically update as new versions are released. Let me know if this corrects your issue. If you need further assistance, we can check the system logs and see if there is something else going with the notification process. Thanks!
Is this the best you have to say? I'm not even going to tell you what I think of your advice :evil:
To be fair, Fernando, Brian has been nothing but courteous and gracious in his responses and attempts to help here, and certainly hasn't resorted to personally insulting or attacking anyone. I realize you're irritated, but dude... come on. :dog:

/also a Roland Cloud user from Day 1
Brian is a awesome Person and he really tries to help but he is only the messenger so please don't shoot the messenger or we will end up with no communication at all :)

the problem is they've outsourced RCM to a bunch of incontinents, I think anyone who signed up for the 2 instruments for life deal ended up with 4 because they didn't know how to change their database to take you out of the normal reward scheme, they had a year to sort it out. There was another period where I had everything unlocked for about 6 months. Overall they seem to do themselves more harm so I'm happy to put up with it

Atlatnesiti wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:19 amRubbish, sorry, but I've never encountered any issues you've mentioned.
Over the last approx 3 years I've experienced every single one of FMR's issues too. The updates which don't exist. The programs that won't complete their install. The manual updates which don't make the update notifications go away, and clean reinstalls which don't solve anything either.

And a small word of warning for those clean installing / reinstalling: If you install any add-on presets, before first launching any of the Legendary series VST's, RCM will wipe the plugin's default presets! Thanks to the person who posted about this bug a few months back (not sure if this thread or elsewhere), as it meant I knew what had happened recently. (Meaning the bug still hasn't been fixed.. )

I now don't let RCM launch, except to auth things when it complains. It still takes more than 20 secs for Zenology to initially launch for me, even if I let RCM run in the background. IMO that's unacceptable performance. Otherwise, my experience with Roland's plugins has been mostly ok. But I don't think problems with RCM are an uncommon experience, unfortunately.

fmr wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:30 am
Atlatnesiti wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:19 am
fmr wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:30 am
Aloysius wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:15 am Ok, but does it work?
I already uninstalled and reinstalled RCM more than once (sometimes, because I simply couldn't make it to update itself, other times to try to install some instruments that simply would not install, and other times just to start fresh, in order to try to get rid of all the annoyances, like the dreaful messages "We have new instruments" and "there are updates").

None of those worked. When something is badly programmed, there is only one way to solve the problem: START FRESH AND CREATE A NEW PROGRAM.

I believe Roland has enough resources to hire one or two software programmers that actually know what they are doing.
Rubbish, sorry, but I've never encountered any issues you've mentioned.
Used RC from the very beginning on my intel 2018 i7 27" iMac and now also on new M1 Mac mini with NO issues whatsoever.
RC was always very stable for me and now with native Apple Silicone support, it's everything I've wished for :)
So, because YOU didn't encounter any problems, it's rubbish. Me and all the others that encountered them we just don't know what we are doing... Right :roll:

You, a novice, know it better then me, that use Roland Cloud since basically the beginning of it :lol:

Back off kid. Get back playing with your new toy, and leave the grownups talking.
‘You, a novice, know it better then me, that use Roland Cloud since basically the beginning of it; back off kid”
LoL; I am not a kid, I have degree in sound production and engineering.
I have used computers in music production since Atari ST and Steinberg Pro 24 days.

EnochLight wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:20 pm
To be fair, Fernando, Brian has been nothing but courteous and gracious in his responses and attempts to help here, and certainly hasn't resorted to personally insulting or attacking anyone. I realize you're irritated, but dude... come on. :dog:

/also a Roland Cloud user from Day 1
You are right, and I owe an apology to Brian. So Brian, please excuse my rudeness to you. Nothing personal, and as EnochLight wrote, you've been always polite and doing your best to help. Hope you didn't take it personally.

That said, Roland HAS NO EXCUSE :x
Fernando (FMR)

PAK wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:02 pm And a small word of warning for those clean installing / reinstalling: If you install any add-on presets, before first launching any of the Legendary series VST's, RCM will wipe the plugin's default presets! Thanks to the person who posted about this bug a few months back (not sure if this thread or elsewhere), as it meant I knew what had happened recently. (Meaning the bug still hasn't been fixed.. )
...this info, dear sir, comes too late... :D :dog:

how to get the default presets back?

kinkajou wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:56 pm ...this info, dear sir, comes too late... :D :dog:
Uninstall preset packs. Uninstall plugin. Reinstall plugin. Launch plugin in host and load some default presets. Close plugin. Install add-on presets.

Roland cloud is so poorly executed it's fantastic .
I created two demo accounts , the first expired after 30 days , around 2020 I created a second one and still runs to this day with no time outs or noise.
Roland , please stay incomptent 🤪
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

PAK wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:46 pm
kinkajou wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:56 pm ...this info, dear sir, comes too late... :D :dog:
Uninstall preset packs. Uninstall plugin. Reinstall plugin. Launch plugin in host and load some default presets. Close plugin. Install add-on presets.
thank you, but this hadn't help.
did this several times, also in different orders... no luck with any so i gave it up :roll:

kinkajou wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:48 pm
PAK wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:46 pm
thank you, but this hadn't help.
did this several times, also in different orders... no luck with any so i gave it up :roll:
Maybe adding the BIN files manually? Which ones are we talking about?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:30 pm Maybe adding the BIN files manually? Which ones are we talking about?
:dog: :dog: :dog:

...thank you, sometimes it's so simple... :hug:

...stupid 8)

kinkajou wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:57 pm It's the System-8 bank "Presets-1" that's not present, and i can't even find it anywhere on my PC.
"Presets-2" bank is there and gets installed every time, also the 8 additional banks working like intended, but not the "Presets-1" bank.
It just drives me crazy, that i can't use the presets, because there are 2 projects where i used some of them and now they will not get found when loading the projects.
Move the System 8 Preset folder out of the Roland Folder.
Then open your DAW and open System 8 and it will automaticly reinstall the presets (It won't do that when there is already presets in that folder).
Then Close your daw and copy and paste in the 8 Additional Banks back to your folder and it all should be there.

The Preset folder is in C:/Programdata/Roland Folder :tu:

ok, will copy your workaround too.
lastly i just loaded the *.bin file into the patch browser...

thank you all for helping me out!

Return to “Instruments”