2021: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2021)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:40 pm
elxsound wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:39 pm
Constructed Identity wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:18 pm
d2dsf wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:06 pm
- Erica Synths Zen Delay
One of the things on my bucket list :tu:
I’m revisiting this as a possible pickup. After getting Oto Bam I was checking out Bim, but I don’t like the limitations. Zen might be it, I hope.
zen does look lovely!
Just ordered!

I need a bigger desk now. :oops:

elxsound wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:05 pm
- Erica Synths Zen Delay
I’m revisiting this as a possible pickup. After getting Oto Bam I was checking out Bim, but I don’t like the limitations. Zen might be it, I hope.
zen does look lovely!
Just ordered!

sadly, rosies birthday next month, so cant really afford to be spending money on me, till ive sorted everything i want for her :)

I have a Zen Delay and I really like it but just FYI, it makes a high pitched whine when the filter is activated. It's possible to overcome with careful gain staging but since the filter isn't in the feedback loop, I usually just use an outboard filter.

The one I have was from the very first batch, so maybe it's something they addressed but you can hear the whine in at least one of the demos I watched. Usually it's not a big deal for me but something to be aware of, none the less.

justin3am wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:29 pm I have a Zen Delay and I really like it but just FYI, it makes a high pitched whine when the filter is activated. It's possible to overcome with careful gain staging but since the filter isn't in the feedback loop, I usually just use an outboard filter.
Oh yeah I’ve been looking at it since you mentioned it earlier when I was shopping for pedals.

I saw the whine (and it was nicely vocalized) in a video by this guy:

https://youtu.be/_HvcFoHXWUc

I might grab a Red Panda Context or Tensor, cant decide which at the moment. Tensor is a given, dont know if i want it first. I like the sound of their reverb, bitmap and particles too lol. lol

vurt wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:13 pm
elxsound wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:05 pm
- Erica Synths Zen Delay
zen does look lovely!
Just ordered!

sadly, rosies birthday next month, so cant really afford to be spending money on me, till ive sorted everything i want for her :)
I’ve got the smallest of windows to be selfish before another round of birthdays and then the holidays.

pekbro wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:15 pm I might grab a Red Panda Context or Tensor, cant decide which at the moment. Tensor is a given, dont know if i want it first. I like the sound of their reverb, bitmap and particles too lol. lol
I think I mentioned before that I had Tensor. It’s great but limited… it’s not necessarily a bad thing that it’s limited. The only thing for me is that I kept it tabletop with remote switches on the floor or I used the the tablet app to control it.

Context sounds great. I looked at it for a while and only looked away when I sold off Tensor. I knew buying it meant I’d want Tensor again along with it. Theyre somewhat unusual pedal shapes so the OCD makes me want to have more than just one. :help:

Oh shit, my ZOIA Euroburo is out for delivery! I didn't expect to receive it so quickly. I don't think I even got a shipping notification, lol.
Can't wait to check it out when I get home.

A Rossum Assimil8or that I ordered a long time ago, showed up on my doorstep yesterday!

Digivolt wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:47 pm Finally decided to pull the trigger on a new Audio Interface, was close to buying an Ultralite Mk5 last month but waited too long and it went out of stock at the place which had the best price, worked out in my favour as I've just found a deal on a Babyface Pro FS for £539 so gone with that
Still waiting for it to arrive lol Brexit, covid, driver shortage all combining to cause a whole lot of stock issues in UK it seems :evil:

Just joined the IK multimedia frenzy…already have sampletank max and a few others…got modo bass for $139 after jam points (its very decent), now to pick out another 17 free plugs, which with crossgrade pricing is just about everything…crazy deal.

elxsound wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:21 pm
pekbro wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:15 pm I might grab a Red Panda Context or Tensor, cant decide which at the moment. Tensor is a given, dont know if i want it first. I like the sound of their reverb, bitmap and particles too lol. lol

I think I mentioned before that I had Tensor. It’s great but limited… it’s not necessarily a bad thing that it’s limited. The only thing for me is that I kept it tabletop with remote switches on the floor or I used the the tablet app to control it.

Context sounds great. I looked at it for a while and only looked away when I sold off Tensor. I knew buying it meant I’d want Tensor again along with it. Theyre somewhat unusual pedal shapes so the OCD makes me want to have more than just one. :help:

I have a pretty good idea as to the Tensor, tbh I don't see the limitations as a problem. With all the
looping and whatnot I have been trying with the Zoia, I cant really see a ton of usage for it, beyond
the obvious tape stops and whatnot. I like loop recorders, but really only see a limited context for them.
The uber loopmachine, is not something I have a ton of interest in, so limited tape recording type effects
should be perfectly fine for me. And not even a great priority. Same with particles 2. I think I will likely get the other stuff first.

pdxindy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:35 pm A Rossum Assimil8or that I ordered a long time ago, showed up on my doorstep yesterday!
Assimil8or is the tits... :tu:

*What made you decide to cancel the S2400?

justin3am wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:15 pm Oh shit, my ZOIA Euroburo is out for delivery! I didn't expect to receive it so quickly. I don't think I even got a shipping notification, lol.
Can't wait to check it out when I get home.
I've been hemming and hawing about the Euroburo, it's expensive imo and I've not wanted to pony up.
I expect I'll get it anyway, at some point. I really didn't expect it to cost that much more than the Zoia.

Even worse is the price change for the LZX Chromagnon, not sure I'm willing to pay that much for it.
I get that they are having a tough time due to covid and whatnot, but they are not the only ones. :shrug:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”