All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:23 am Strymon NightSky has a similar parameter locked sequencing trick
It's labeled a reverberator, so I guess it has shorter delay times?

I own a Zvex Super Ringtone: a ring mod with 16 steps :love:
And my Meris Ottobit Jr :love: (stutter, bitrush and LP) has a sequencer too, but without the dedicated knobs per step.

yeah I guess there are a few pedals with inbuilt parameter sequencers these days

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Poly Beebo is probably the beast of the best for inbuild sequencers...it has MI Grids, Marbles etc as well as a nice step sequencer, with over 100 modules including convolution reverb and one of the best loopers (well, the most interesting looper) around its a hell of a pedal....

https://youtu.be/N4VWD1CH9I4
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

It's a computer in a box basically. A lot of the "DAWless" people need to accept that, but there's nothing wrong with it and if you get what you want from it then it's all gravy.

Are you safe?

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:52 am It's a computer in a box basically. A lot of the "DAWless" people need to accept that, but there's nothing wrong with it and if you get what you want from it then it's all gravy.
Nobody said it wasn't, it it has nothing to do with DAWLESS, I'm a guitarist that plays live?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:32 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:52 am It's a computer in a box basically. A lot of the "DAWless" people need to accept that, but there's nothing wrong with it and if you get what you want from it then it's all gravy.
Nobody said it wasn't, it it has nothing to do with DAWLESS, I'm a guitarist that plays live?
Not saying you did at all, just pointing out that there's a weird 'no computer' purity movement around

Are you safe?

Well, this is a pedal thread, so I am assuming it's for people who use hardware pedals. Most of the advanced digital hardware pedals - Eventide, Stymon etc are basilcay just computers with a dedicated task as opposed to a modular pedal like the Beebo or Zoia where you can create more unique or bespoke fx by linking lower level modules.

The Beebo happens to have some of the best reverbs (Convolution) I have heard in a pedal and the other guitar fx (especially the rotary) are also suburb, so you can just use it as a standard pedal without going near all the advanced stuff like sequencers.

You can do most 'digital' things with a computer if you want, but when your on stage real amps and pedals are still best in my opinion.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:46 am there's a weird 'no computer' purity movement around
Me, back when I played guitar in a a band (late 80s, early 90s), the only FX I had was an Ibanez UE400 multi-effects rack. It was OK. If I could have afforded it, I would have added a delay, a fuzz, and prolly a lot more. I thought digital was the way to go, cause progress (and the fact I never got to try out any pedals, so I couldn't compare). I never liked how even new vinyl crackled on my turntable, I much preferred CDs.

When I got into using soft synths and effects, I loved all the advantages of digital (I still do).

A few years ago, I started buying pedals, mostly analog ones (and a few cheap analog synths).

To me personally, analog gear has 2 main advantages:
- no FOMO on the fabled analog sound and quirkiness
- no FOMO on the latest software [version]
I do realize, many software-based solutions sound just as good (and have advantages of their own, I'm sure [one day] they can even sound better than the real thing of old).

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:46 am
SLiC wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:32 am
Not saying you did at all, just pointing out that there's a weird 'no computer' purity movement around
:lol: It’ll pass. It’s more a symptom of the pandemic than anything else, but it’s also an exciting time where we can do more without a laptop, desktop or tablet.

cptgone wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:53 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:46 am there's a weird 'no computer' purity movement around
Me, back when I played guitar in a a band (late 80s, early 90s), the only FX I had was an Ibanez UE400 multi-effects rack. It was OK. If I could have afforded it, I would have added a delay, a fuzz, and prolly a lot more. I thought digital was the way to go, cause progress (and the fact I never got to try out any pedals, so I couldn't compare). I never liked how even new vinyl crackled on my turntable, I much preferred CDs.

When I got into using soft synths and effects, I loved all the advantages of digital (I still do).

A few years ago, I started buying pedals, mostly analog ones (and a few cheap analog synths).

To me personally, analog gear has 2 main advantages:
- no FOMO on the fabled analog sound and quirkiness
- no FOMO on the latest software [version]
I do realize, many software-based solutions sound just as good (and have advantages of their own, I'm sure [one day] they can even sound better than the real thing of old).
I was considering there same thing recently. I love that my analog pedals are what they. No updates, no FOMO. I love Beebo but it’s constantly being updated with major changes to the UI. At the same time, those changes have all been improvements. :shrug:

So... JPTR FX dude was having a sale on Reverb...

My Pedal count increases to 4 :tu:
Total cost: $1303

:lol: Proving there’s always room for a fart joke

And it still won’t stink as bad as my old Zoom 505

Are you safe?

This looks interesting...
https://www.nuxefx.com/aceoftone.html
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Return to “Guitars”