DDMF & MagicDeathEye MagicVerb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MagicDeathEye MagicDeathEyeStereo MagicVerb

Not a conventional look - but I like it (I also enjoy Monty Python, which the UI reminds me of :-). Clearly, it's not replacing my FabFilter Pro-R. But it's ok to be creative with look and function. Wouldn't expect it to appeal to everyone, but nice to see a bit a variety once in a while.

I'm a huge fan of Monty Python. "The Holy Grail" is my favorite move of all time. I've always loved Terry Gilliam's animations. I'm also a big fan of DDMF and own several of their plugins.

But I'm sorry this is by far the worst GUI I've ever seen. I'm genuinely embarrassed for them.

Oh well to each his own but hard pass from me...... :shrug:
Last edited by Teksonik on Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I like the GUI.

But we gave IK a lot of stick for slapping a high price tag on their IR ROMpler. I'd rather buy IRs and browse them in the same plugin as other IR collections.

The monty python look is clearly the thing they wanted to archive. I don't want that every plugin looks like that but it think it looks well made and fun. The animations are lovely.

Only the different perspective of the faders is a bit confusing.

Teksonik wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:27 pm But I'm sorry this is by far the worst GUI I've ever seen. I'm genuinely embarrassed for them.
I'm genuinely embarrased for you to be genuinely embarrased for them.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:18 pm
Teksonik wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:27 pm But I'm sorry this is by far the worst GUI I've ever seen. I'm genuinely embarrassed for them.
I'm genuinely embarrassed for you to be genuinely embarrassed for me.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

is this the room where we are all genuinely embarrassed for one another?

It is now.......

i like the animations but the plugin doesn't do much for me sound wise, personally.
don't need plug ins to look like the same old thing.

masterhiggins wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:34 pm lol. I was wondering why it looked so familiar yet so odd.

Lmfaooooo that is funny memories
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Teksonik wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:51 pm
I'm genuinely embarrassed for your predictability

(I appreciate the correction though... )
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:17 am
Teksonik wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:51 pm
I'm genuinely embarrassed for your predictability
(I appreciate the correction though... )
I'm genuinely embarrassed for your pathological need for confrontation.

Look we can go on like this all night. I'm sorry you got triggered by my opinion.

But I stand by that opinion. The GUI on this plugin is an embarrassment to DDMF.

But then I don't need rainbows on my Reverb plugins or the worst sliders ever released.

If this was freeware I might be able to get behind it....yay fun. But it's a commercial plugin that's going to have a list price of $100. I don't want fun I want functional in my plugins.

If you like it buy it...I don't and won't. Can we just leave it at that or are you going to drag it out some more ?

I wish the GUI looked way worse and was actively user-hostile. Just my opinion!

To be honest, real-talk, I like, actively, legitimately, genuinely, like, literally, honestly agree.

Like, so literally, actively that it's actively literally, actively.

I cannot even tell you how honestly, genuinely, literally, actively.

Just saying!

:roll: :dog:

Teksonik wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:07 pm It is now.......
its appears sir, you were mistaken.
it looks like its actually the right room for an argument... :hihi:

Return to “Effects”