Roli: Equator 2 is here !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

It would be nice to have the opportunity to try it out but I can't see that happening. Roli still send me marketing emails all the time but they won't let me actually buy one. When I contacted them about it they said it was because haven't got it certified for Australia yet, which sounds like BS to me.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

So then, is equator 2 discontinued?

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:19 am So then, is equator 2 discontinued?
No.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:19 am So then, is equator 2 discontinued?
No, it's just that Roli is hemorrhaging a bit, getting new investors and focusing on their Lumi line. These types of things It's possible they fold in the next year or so, it's also possible new investments (more debt), vitalize them and the bounce back strong.

All that said, the current version might be it for a long time, barring bugfix updates.

And so what if it never gets another update? It will be as good in five years as it is today, which is plenty good enough for me.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

i'm so happy i skipped this.
Would've been pissed if i paid 99€ for it knowing it will likely never get an M1 update

Just to reassure everyone. Equator2 is here to stay. Updates are in the works...
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Maybe, but no M1 on launch for a new product that supposedly integrates tightly with apple doesn't really paint a pretty picture...

I think we are fortunate that it got the much needed point updates after the initial release. From 2.0 to 2.2 there were many improvements and bug fixes, so it is fine if it does not get any update in long run.

EDIT:
himalaya wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:18 am Just to reassure everyone. Equator2 is here to stay. Updates are in the works...
Great to know that. :tu:

himalaya wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:18 am Just to reassure everyone. Equator2 is here to stay. Updates are in the works...
That’s great news. :)
Hopefully on/off for osc retrigger will be added.

Ploki wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:23 am ...paint a pretty picture...
You can paint a Picasso, or a Monet, or a Turner, or a Basquiat or a Banksy or anything in any style you desire. Equator2's multiple sound sources and deep synthesis make sure of that.
Ploki wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:23 am but no M1
M1 is supported. Scroll down to the spec list:
https://roli.com/products/software/equator2/overview
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

himalaya wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:20 pm
Ploki wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:23 am ...paint a pretty picture...
You can paint a Picasso, or a Monet, or a Turner, or a Basquiat or a Banksy or anything in any style you desire. Equator2's multiple sound sources and deep synthesis make sure of that.
Ploki wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:23 am but no M1
M1 is supported. Scroll down to the spec list:
https://roli.com/products/software/equator2/overview
Native m1 eh. That wasnt there at the start. Might need to revisit it

I just played a little with equator again. some thoughts about this:
- envelopes and multi envelopes could get a smooth function
- Feedback - to see what happens - like lfos and envelops in serum
- The mod matrix where you can change one source and everything else stays modulated by the new source is brilliant - it would be even more awesome if you could add another source which adds to the first source - for example you have an envelop which modulates 10 parameters - you add an lfo which also modulates the Destination in the same way the envelope does - super awesome: the added sources have a level control independent from the mod panel level.
- Phase - random phase for the engines... creating detuned sounds need this; without it's lots of unwanted plopping. I think lots of user would like to see this.
And it's good too read you will continue with Equator. Very sad your work didn't paid off; but maybe with the new company!

Equator 2 is $149 r/n. Seems like it might have a future? Good time to purchase?

Definitely. It got an update just last month, so it's anything but abandoned.

Return to “Instruments”