Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

it's interesting that DestroyFX managed to update all those plug ins (which are free) to support modern 64 bit OS and apple silicon but ohmforce still so lagging behind (to put it mildly) w/support for paid plug ins..

maybe ohmforce should open-source their plug ins in hopes of having them continue to exist/work?

in case you missed the announcement.. all these got updated

http://destroyfx.org/

Long time fan of ohmboyz, ohmforce. Have used ohmboyz since around 2002-2003. I was super excited to see some new offerings coming from this dev, but what Ive read has caused me to pause the purchase I was about to make.

This doesnt sound like its the original devs anymore(?), the price is quite high, and cubase 10.5/11 are quite unstable enough on their own, without more unstable plugins to make it worse. This all makes me sad, and my confidence in this old school product is too low to buy for now. Ill check back later to see if any improvements are made, and/or if the price is reduced.

The pre-order price of Infinity was lower, gradually increasing over time iirc. Maybe they'll do an intro price when it's finally finished. :shrug:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:38 pm The pre-order price of Infinity was lower, gradually increasing over time iirc. Maybe they'll do an intro price when it's finally finished. :shrug:
Will it really be finished?

elxsound wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:48 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:38 pm The pre-order price of Infinity was lower, gradually increasing over time iirc. Maybe they'll do an intro price when it's finally finished. :shrug:
it'd be nice but i have doubts. it's been a loooong time w/no action at all. currently it instantly crashes every host i try to load it into on mac/big sir/intel

edit: also, its seems really possible they could update the older plug ins w/just gui fixes so the guis aren't scrambled. they seem to work otherwise.

edit: coincidentally got an email from them (Gregory) today after reaching out some time ago about the crashing problems. the dev has been brought into the email so we'll see how it goes and if it gets sorted. i'm guessing it works fine on pre Bg Sur macs and windows machines. the plan for the older plug ins, as mention in this thread i think, is to turn them into new products.. for example ohmboyz delay became Ohmboyz Infinity. i think a long time line is mentioned in this thread for this process. some discount for owners of existing plug ins would be cool.. especially for people who own the complete bundle. :scared:

dayjob wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:58 pm
elxsound wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:48 pm
it'd be nice but i have doubts. it's been a loooong time w/no action at all. currently it instantly crashes every host i try to load it into on mac/big sir/intel

edit: also, its seems really possible they could update the older plug ins w/just gui fixes so the guis aren't scrambled. they seem to work otherwise.

edit: coincidentally got an email from them (Gregory) today after reaching out some time ago about the crashing problems. the dev has been brought into the email so we'll see how it goes and if it gets sorted. i'm guessing it works fine on pre Bg Sur macs and windows machines. the plan for the older plug ins, as mention in this thread i think, is to turn them into new products.. for example ohmboyz delay became Ohmboyz Infinity. i think a long time line is mentioned in this thread for this process. some discount for owners of existing plug ins would be cool.. especially for people who own the complete bundle. :scared:
I just tried this plugin today as it's the only multi-tap delay I found with pitch and filter control. It runs on Catalina/Studio One but it's obvious that is not ready for the big time. I'm missing buttons and functionality that the manual shows... plus all other kinds of whacky behavior.

The accepted to refund me on february the 4th as I never used the plugin more than two or three times, just crashed and crashed. I provided them all datas since this. I'm still waiting for anything to happen. No news, nothing.
Our discussion was kind, no problem of any sort. We talked in french as we are both. But no news anyway.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

running apple silicon macbook on monterey and surprisingly all the old ohmforce plug ins work and the guis are unscrambled.

ohmboyz infinity doesn't work at all though. i reinstalled it and still no love. Live won't even launch if infinity is installed. it just crashes when scanning. i had to remove it from the plug in folders.

the old plug ins work and sound great but are unable to be registered. when i click on the 'register' in settings it goes to a 404 webpage and doesn't prompt for entering any serial number.

I don't know what's going on with the Ohm Force, but they're clearly struggling with something. That they still have sales is really sketchy. They should just make all their plugins open source.

the old guis look pretty nice on the new macbook pro. they also still sound awesome imo. if they could settle up w/the few bugs in them they'd probably have a long long life w/only a little maintenance required.

the odd thing is how Infinity just fails everywhere for me but the old stuff is somehow resurrected with Monterey which seems backwards.

Idk if it was you dayjob but someone in this thread I got into a bit of flaming dust up with awhile back.I was defending Ohmboyz, maybe a couple years ago by now (I could probably click back 10 pages or so to find it) but whether it was you or whomever it was, I'm more than happy to take a big fat L on that one.

No further replies from the dev, the latest iteration of this plugin did something weird to Studio One when trying to scan for the plugin and at that point I just unistalled all versions of it entirely.

Too bad, the one version that worked for me sounded good but at the end of the day the million and 5 other delay plugins I have aught to suffice, stability and reliability count for a lot and the risk is not worth it to me, and that's assuming a proper release will be forthcoming, which in itself seems less and less likely the more time passes.

If it wasn't you dayjob, whomever it was come and feed me crow if you wish, fair play, good call on your part.

And if the dev ever reads this thread, which he was responding to in not that long ago, it'd be cool if you could drop by and give some kind of a heads up on any progress or lackthereof, either way.

@nusound mind - if it was me i don't remember either. i also don't take forum drama personally. so, no worries. we all have those moments sometimes.

it would be cool if ohmforce could get it together. seems a bit more possible for the old plugs to work in monterey now.. but infinity just seems to have some very critical bugs that make it a real nuisance. it's like a big pothole that sends any host into the ditch.. at least that's how it is for me.

i keep sending them emails. periodically. to update on status of my experience w/their plug ins. i'd love it if they got their house in order and came back to life.

I used to love Ohmboyz back in the day - ended up also buying their weird frequency shifter thingy, then their phaser (which was superb). I'd happily use their stuff again but it seems like they're almost a dead company now. They used to have quite good customer relations IIRC, but that seems to have turned around. I've read stuff from purchasers that makes them look almost like scam artists nowadays. Really sad. :(

I’m sure they’re just 417 cat-in-a-spacesuit drawings away from getting back to the plugin. Just be patient!
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I just stuck with ohmboyz. I have always liked OF but I think they might have broken their company with their "DAW" which I have never heard of a single person using (just amongst people I know). All their old stuff still works fine on my windows machine and still gets a good bit of use.

With the new Mac stuff hitting the market and their history of relatively slow development, I would sell it to someone who has a compatible system asap.

That's just me though. I still have tons of love for their coding and their silly FX designs. I just think they might not have the juice to keep up with their stuff.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Effects”