Full Bucket Music FB-7999, free Synthesizer plugin (Korg DW-6000/8000 Emulation)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FB-7999

Hey

Björn of Full Bucket Music is back with a new plugin. FB-7999 is a free Synthesizer plugin that emulates the best-known Korg DW-6000/8000 hybrid synthesizers from the 1980s. Pretty cool, it has a SysEx import/export functionality with which you can load in patches from the hardware units.

FB-9999.jpeg
Features
- Two digital oscillators with 16 + 16 different waveforms
- Poly and Unison modes
- Built-in pseudo-stereo delay
- SysEx data communication, import and export
- Extended polyphony (up to 64 voices)
- Supports MTS-ESP by ODDSound dynamic micro-tuning
- Resizable user interface (not "N" version!)
- MIDI Learn – all parameters can be controlled by MIDI CC
- Plug-in supports Windows and macOS (32 bit and 64 bit)

I did a sound demo of it, hope you enjoy it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4HdV7dmihk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Thanks for the info MillerSam.

Looking forward to trying this.

It's cool he did this, and it's worth reading the manual as there are a few notes in their regarding emulation accuracy and design decisions.

The DW6000/8000 were never exactly great sounding or very flexible synths anyway, but I'm all for people with a passion doing emulations of things they are interested in. :tu:

Downloaded! I like FB synths.

Thank you MillerSam for the heads up and many thanks Björn for your great generosity over the years giving for free your high quality, well coded vst creations.
Strictly drum and bass

Another beautiful synth. Getting a few stuck notes here but I'm sure that will be worked out promptly. Thank you Bjorn!

beely wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:04 amThe DW6000/8000 were never exactly great sounding
Blasphemy!!!

That filter is golden. Sure they weren't super flexible, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVu0Jf1gJGk

Woa thanks to Björn for the new synth and MillerSam for the heads up! :tu:

I'll give this a go later today. :hyper: I will say that is one very nice GUI. :clap:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

fyi:
the audiounit "Metal" version seems to work fine on a (old) mac mini 2012 i7 which is metal capable
under mojave (10.14.6)

needs a reboot (relogin) though

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:16 pm That filter is golden. Sure they weren't super flexible, but...
what filter is this?
their (korg's) own? (like poly800)

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:16 pmThat filter is golden. Sure they weren't super flexible, but...
It doesn't mean they can't produce some decent sounds, but it does mean that they were limited and not very flexible and not that good sounding under a lot of circumstances (ie, small sweet spot). Honestly, there were far better ways of spending £1000-£1200 back in 1985 if you were into synthesisers...

Note: FBM didn't model the filter accurately in this (see the manual as I mentioned above).
muki wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:38 pm what filter is this?
their (korg's) own? (like poly800)
This is answered in the manual, which is really worth a read. TLDR:-
Yes, the filters of the hardware (realized with custom NJM2069 chips) sound different than the digital filters in FB-7999 (in my humble opinion: Not necessarily better but different nonetheless).

Congratulations. This sounds really great!

sounds NOTHING like the real thing.
not even close!

kidding. i have no idea, just wanted to be the first to exclaim that. :D Sounds like fun. Can't wait to play with it.

great news!!!!!!! :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

beely wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:52 pm This is answered in the manual, which is really worth a read. TLDR:-
thanks for the info

Return to “Instruments”