What is the best Electric Guitar for the Roli Seaboard

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, I have a Roli Seaboard Rise and certain instruments like the SWAM sax and trumpet sound incredible on it and take full expressional advantage of the MPE / 5 dimensions of touch. I have been searching for an equivalent electric guitar for it for some time. Marco Parisi has several well known youtube videos where he uses a killer electric guitar on it (Little Wing, Purple Rain etc) - but he is notoriously secretive about which vst/plugins etc he's using to get that.

So does anybody know 1) what he's using exactly or 2) what is the best electric guitar you can get for the seaboard to take full advantage of it.

Thanks!

According to this...:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1650815718333613

...he's using a Kontakt factory library patch called "Jazz Guitar", which looks & sounds like he tweaked the original patch (under the hood/wrench) and created a multi of it. Also sounds like he's running it through a chain of separate guitar fx, including amp/cab simulation and some modulation and reverb.

You can do the same, using any of the stock factory guitar patches... and turning off all the built in fx (instrument/master) of the factory patch (under the 'instrument' tab), before routing it out to an independent fx chain.

Though... there's definitely better guitar libraries out there, available for this sort of thing.

progtronic wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:29 am According to this...:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1650815718333613

...he's using a Kontakt factory library patch called "Jazz Guitar", which looks & sounds like he tweaked the original patch (under the hood/wrench) and created a multi of it. Also sounds like he's running it through a chain of separate guitar fx, including amp/cab simulation and some modulation and reverb.

You can do the same, using any of the stock factory guitar patches... and turning off all the built in fx (instrument/master) of the factory patch (under the 'instrument' tab), before routing it out to an independent fx chain.

Though... there's definitely better guitar libraries out there, available for this sort of thing.
Awesome, good find thanks. What are some of the better guitar libraries that you mention and are they MPE (or tweakable to work similarly with a seaboard)

You should have it already, Equator has the most expressive and optimized guitar sounds I've played on my Rise's or Linnstrument.

Most samples won't get you there by them self. I think it's the attack that's sounds the fakest in samples.
If you do go the sample route, make sure you use a good amp/cab sim VST.

ms54321 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:14 am ...
Awesome, good find thanks. What are some of the better guitar libraries that you mention and are they MPE (or tweakable to work similarly with a seaboard)
Guitar library quality, is a can of worms topic... you'll have to explore for yourself. It sorta comes down to budget and music style, to pick the library that might work for you.

You'll also have to research what libraries might be MPE compatible.

Here's a guide on how to tweak Kontakt to work with an MPE board:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnfSRr96gdY

Dirk Diggler wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:56 pm You should have it already, Equator has the most expressive and optimized guitar sounds I've played on my Rise's or Linnstrument.

Most samples won't get you there by them self. I think it's the attack that's sounds the fakest in samples.
If you do go the sample route, make sure you use a good amp/cab sim VST.
you mention that samples will only get you so far as you cannot attack and express a keyboard like you can bend a real guitar string so how do you fix this problem i have spent thousands on guitar library's and they all sound not great! does the Rise 2 seaboard fix some of these problems before i get a 1500 dollar keyboard and waste my time?

MPE is exactly made for that! Any MPE controller like Roli Seaboard or LinnStrument can bend a single voice. That is the whole point about MPE. Control up to 5 parameters including pitch independently.

Return to “Instruments”