Windows 11 drivers for audio interfaces

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had Windows 11 installed yesterday and I was surprised that the audio for my PreSonus interface didn’t work. I checked the PreSonus website and they said they weren’t compatible with Windows 11 yet. From what I recall, my Focusrite audio interface worked relatively seamlessly (maybe not perfectly, but at least there was compatibility) between W8 and W10.

Has anyone got a working audio interface with W11?

I didn't even know W11 had been officially released?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

It hasn't. It's still a couple of months until it gets officiall launched. Thus there are no Windows 11 drivers for most stuff yet.

I wonder what's changing with Windows 11 that breaking compatibility? maybe its a sign there may be audio improvements!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

My RME babyface Pro works fine with the recently released Windows 11 BETA.
| MacOS Ventura MBP 14 M1 Pro 32GB RAM | PC Win 11 7950x3D 64GB RAM | Ableton | Bigwig| RME Babyface Pro | Yamaha HS8 |

If I had to dare a guess, i'd say that most stuff should work fine. The differences under the hood will be minimal.

maybe you can change in the installer exe of audio drivers the compatibility settings to windows 10. same i do when update from win 7 to win 10. some drivers need install with compatibility settings for win 7 and work on win 10
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Seems great to me if MS leave the stupid idea to do constant creators updates and stuff and still everything called Windows 10.

System requirements has always been for gear/software - Windows 10 64-bit.
- but they could be very different depending which updates were done

When you hear Windows 11, 12 or whatever - everybody think before upgrading, and vendors with drivers become more aware there is major changes.

The way it used to be for Windows 7 with updates was perfect in my book. Even prefer paying for upgrades and have it that way. One size does not fit all.

The Win10 drivers should also work with Win11.
My SoundBlaster Z works fine in Win11 without any further steps necessary.

now win 11 is very near. can windows 11 update a working windows 10 good, so there is no need to install all new ?
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

I was really hoping that in W11 we may be able to aggregate audio devices natively....

Upgraded today, M-Audio interfaces, BOSS Katana MkII (and my HyperX interface for gaming) are working fine without needing to do anything.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably stay a while with Windows 10 on my machines. Might, just might, get a new PC next year, which will come with Windows 11.

That's exactly my plan- my main studio PC is about 7 years old and although I have upgraded the drives to SSD and graphics card it could probably use a refresh...I'll let Windows 11 'settle down' and then up in with a new machine...

No problems with W11 and my Audient ID14 here. In fact everything kept working fine after the upgrade, only difference I've noticed is that Cyberpunk 2077 now runs smoother.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”