Full Bucket Music FB-7999, free Synthesizer plugin (Korg DW-6000/8000 Emulation)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FB-7999

YES!

I've been waiting a very, very, very long time for this.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

beely wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:52 pmIt doesn't mean they can't produce some decent sounds, but it does mean that they were limited and not very flexible and not that good sounding under a lot of circumstances (ie, small sweet spot).
Although the DW8000 sounds decent enough in Paolo's demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyjZCTysVQQ

installed, sounds great. aftertouch is slamming volume very high on some patches.

(I'm aware that is probably within MY control, but it doesn't do that on ANY other synths I own, so, just an FYI )

Watchful wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:38 pm YES!

I've been waiting a very, very, very long time for this.
same here! Thanks Bjorn, as always!

man, my Korg collection is getting rounded out nicely :clap:

beely wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:53 pm
beely wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:52 pmIt doesn't mean they can't produce some decent sounds, but it does mean that they were limited and not very flexible and not that good sounding under a lot of circumstances (ie, small sweet spot).
Although the DW8000 sounds decent enough in Paolo's demo:
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyjZCTysVQQ</span>
How about that, beely?

https://youtu.be/ky8868Xbej0

Etienne1973 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:57 pmHow about that, beely
I'm not sure what you mean..?

It sounds great! And I love everything about it, gui, features, sysex.

I could do without the standard bells, trumpet, and short sustain synth bass presets though.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

beely wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:00 pm
Etienne1973 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:57 pmHow about that, beely
I'm not sure what you mean..?
I want your most honest opinion about how great that Korg DW-8000 sounds in that video. :borg: :D

Etienne1973 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:18 pmI want your most honest opinion about how great that Korg DW-8000 sounds in that video. :borg: :D
Kinda difficult, as I haven't watched that video... I watched a few others earlier, and my opinion hasn't changed - there are some sounds I liked and thought sounded pretty good, better than I expected, but there was also a lot of fairly bland stuff matching my general feel of the DW synths - my general impression is the sweet spot and flexibility isn't that wide.

Like I say, any synth can produce useful sounds, especially in a modern production environment with FX etc, so if the DWXK is your jam, then great. My preferences lie elsewhere...

Sth wrong happening with velocity. On high velocities volume is too high.

Roman Wisniak wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:44 pm Sth wrong happening with velocity. On high velocities volume is too high.
I haven't noticed any issue with Velocity with two different keyboards but I was not able to get AT to control "81 Osc MG" even at Max value. AT does affect "83 VCA" and in fact a bit too much at least with my controller even with lower values.

Anyway nice sounding little synth that captures the spirit of the times and is fun to program. Excellent GUI and I was amazed at how little CPU is uses. The meter barely moves. Well done. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:58 pm I was not able to get AT to control "81 Osc MG" even at Max value.
The aftertouch also doesn't affect "82 VCF"

beely wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:26 pmmy general impression is the sweet spot and flexibility isn't that wide.
Compared to what? What other synth could you have bought in 1985 that was more versatile for a similar price? If you didn't want to go and do a maths degree so you could program a DX-7, there was nothing else. It was an amazing synth for its time, capable of massive sounds I'd never heard before. It was clever because instead of trying to make complex timbres by doing really complicated things to simple waveforms it did what a digital oscillator does best - complex waveforms - and mated it to a simple analogue subtractive synth. So there are plenty of sweet spots to be had because there are plenty of digital waveforms to start from.
Last edited by BONES on Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

albertodream wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:50 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:58 pm I was not able to get AT to control "81 Osc MG" even at Max value.
The aftertouch also doesn't affect "82 VCF"
You're right, thanks. At least I know it's not a DAW/Hardware issue here. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

If anyone is interested, I've converted the original Korg MEX-8000 banks for use with FB-7999 here: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/fb-799 ... /downloads

The MEX-8000 was a memory expander for the DW/EX-8000 series, and contained a few duplicates to the original presets, but truthfully I liked a lot of the original sounds in the MEX better than many of the DW-8000's presets. There are some good, funky sounds here.

Please note that the MEX-8000's bank D was *the same* as the "preload side B" sounds from the original cassette tape.

In 1987, a friend of my brother's bought an MEX-8000 thinking he could attach it via MIDI to any other synth and play the sounds off of it. He was wrong, of course, because the MEX was a bulk dumper for the 8000s only. Before he returned it, though, I borrowed it, attached it to my DW-8000, and copied the sounds over, and saved them to a hard drive on an 80286 computer (you younger folks can look that up).

So here they are. Check 'em out.

And thanks, Bjorn. These shipped with the MEX-8000, so there's no limits on their reuse. I presume you can link 'em to your site if you like.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Return to “Instruments”