Sol Rides the Celestial Elevator (Ambient Enlightenment)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A perfect theme for sci-fi movie about deep space exploration, or it could go well with the documentaries about deep space observations. It is like watching a birth of a new star or formation of a new galaxy. It gives a feeling that humans are small and primitive creatures against the universe, even with their clever technologies.

There is some noticeable clipping on the low register notes. It is a minor thing, but it can get a little distracting, especially in the beginning of the theme. Perhaps, It could be a SoundCloud fault.
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

I listened to "Sol Rides The Celestial Elevator". Is there really
such an elevator? Ok, let's see:

The rising and falling deep tone can indeed be associated with
a sunrise. And you also need a little patience and calm - just
like observing the movement of the sun. At around 4:00 minutes
it gets more dramatic - but only a little.

The track reminds me a bit of Tangerine Dream - they also
celebrated very cosmic tracks and also created this kind of
atmosphere. It stimulates meditative depth. It would go well
with withdrawn monks in a distantly haunted monastery. The
track could of course also fit in with a science fiction film.

Overall: A nice meditative track that is very relaxing and
stimulating in its minimalism. :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

VCA-089 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:19 pm A perfect theme for sci-fi movie about deep space exploration, or it could go well with the documentaries about deep space observations. It is like watching a birth of a new star or formation of a new galaxy. It gives a feeling that humans are small and primitive creatures against the universe, even with their clever technologies.

There is some noticeable clipping on the low register notes. It is a minor thing, but it can get a little distracting, especially in the beginning of the theme. Perhaps, It could be a SoundCloud fault.
Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, VCA-089, Glad you were able to create some impressive associations with the music :)

I just dug up the history from the two projects which contributed samples to this track, and I think the "clipping" you refer to is simply an artefact of the Paulstretch algorithm (16x) working its magic on a bass-synth sample containing some tremelo action. All of the input and output samples maxed-out at around -13dB, and the master uploaded to SoundCloud peaks at approx. -2dB. There is a little action between 30-40Hz but it's very low amplitude stuff (-60dB of lower).

very good OST material, can hear this used with a distant planet exploration scene.
great buildup, sound set and immersive ambience. :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Enjoying another listen after already commenting 'over there' :lol:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Very nice use of space....how do you get the nice lowend?

Long lovely sounds, slowly evolving harmonic rhythm, deep and evocative mood.

Excellent music. I liked it. :)

enroe wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:25 pm I listened to "Sol Rides The Celestial Elevator". Is there really
such an elevator? Ok, let's see:

The rising and falling deep tone can indeed be associated with
a sunrise. And you also need a little patience and calm - just
like observing the movement of the sun. At around 4:00 minutes
it gets more dramatic - but only a little.

The track reminds me a bit of Tangerine Dream - they also
celebrated very cosmic tracks and also created this kind of
atmosphere. It stimulates meditative depth. It would go well
with withdrawn monks in a distantly haunted monastery. The
track could of course also fit in with a science fiction film.

Overall: A nice meditative track that is very relaxing and
stimulating in its minimalism. :tu:
Tangerine Dream were the band that first introduced me to electronic music back in the '70s and I still love and regularly listen to their '70s and early '80s music today, so any comparison with them is much appreciated, but probably undeserved :)

I must admit that I am currently in a "minimal" phase, where most of my recent tracks feature no more than 6 instruments.

Thanks very much for listening and commenting, andy. Glad you enjoyed it :)

layzer wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:30 am very good OST material, can hear this used with a distant planet exploration scene.
great buildup, sound set and immersive ambience. :tu:
Thanks very much for the listen and comments, layzer. Glad you liked it :)

Many of my recent tracks have attracted OST and SciFi comparisons. I think it may be time to compile an album's worth of these tracks for a Bandcamp release. It probably won't happen for a while. I'm currently working on four others :)

folderol wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:24 pm Enjoying another listen after already commenting 'over there' :lol:
Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment again, folderol. Glad you enjoyed it :)

frank1985 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:41 pm Very nice use of space....how do you get the nice lowend?
The lowend is quite interesting. There are 3 sounds contributing to each "bass" note, played serially, and relying on B2 to smear them together.

1) a vocal sample stretched 16x and pitched down
2) a Chromaphone marimba sound stretched 16x and pitched down
3) an arpeggiated ACE patch stretched 16x and pitched down

All were played using Iris2 through 3 identical instances of B2.

I actually let a lot of low frequency through the reverb (I think I set the HPF freq to approx 60Hz), because I wasn't planning to harmonise the bass, although the tails did slightly overlap the attack phase of the successive notes.

Thanks very much for listening, frank. Glad you liked it :)

seismic1 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:06 pm
frank1985 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:41 pm Very nice use of space....how do you get the nice lowend?
The lowend is quite interesting. There are 3 sounds contributing to each "bass" note, played serially, and relying on B2 to smear them together.

I actually let a lot of low frequency through the reverb (I think I set the HPF freq to approx 60Hz), because I wasn't planning to harmonise the bass, although the tails did slightly overlap the attack phase of the successive notes.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I've come close to pulling the trigger on ACE a few times; is it as CPU intensive as Diva and Repro? Killer synths, but i always had a tough time running them. What are you using to time stretch?

StudioDave wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:27 pm Long lovely sounds, slowly evolving harmonic rhythm, deep and evocative mood.

Excellent music. I liked it. :)
Thanks very much for checking this one out, Dave. Glad you liked it :)

frank1985 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:57 pm
seismic1 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:06 pm

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I've come close to pulling the trigger on ACE a few times; is it as CPU intensive as Diva and Repro? Killer synths, but i always had a tough time running them. What are you using to time stretch?
ACE CPU usage - that's a tough question.

Until a month ago, I had been using EnergyXT as my DAW on a succession of machines. My last machine (an i5-2310 quad-core) only had 6Gb of RAM, and the 32-bit DAW meant that I was restricted to 2Gb for that program. Consequently I never used more than 3 instances of ACE at a time, but I never ran into any problems. I have just started using MuLab 64-bit, 16Gb i7-9700 octa-core, but haven't used ACE (or Bazille) yet in any real projects. I just loaded 4 factory patches in ACE under Mulab and the CPU went from 2.5% to 8%, but the numbers probably vary depending on the patch complexity.

I use PaulStretch within Audacity for all my timestretching, and then pull the audio back into the DAW. I have the Plugin somewhere, but haven't really got around to using it yet.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Return to “Music Cafe”