The Synthmaster 3 Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fmr wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:09 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:01 pm Yes Serum's default skin is nice. I don't know who did it but they did a great job.
Lance Thackeray. He also did the official Sylenth skin. I'm a huge fan of his work, in general. https://www.macprovideo.com/article/aud ... -live-skin
Really? Lance Thackery? To be honest I've never been a big fan of his work especially his overuse of highlights but the serum skin is his best work so far in my opinion.

I know he did a few skins for Sylenth but the default skin is APOX done by Mikael Eidenberg. Lance's Nitro skin is an example of a bit too much highlight and "glow" for my personal taste.
fmr wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:09 pmBTW - I also like your work too :wink:
Well thank you very much but all I do is color edits and tweaks of existing skins. Sadly I don't have the skills or talent to create skins from scratch much as I'd love to...... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

starflakeprj wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:47 pm Not a fan of the default SynthMaster 2 and SynthMaster One skins, or SatYatunes' skins in general.

DUNE 3 and RAPID (the latest default skin) have skins I like. The latest Zebra 2 skin is nice too.
I wasn't a fan of the SM2 GUI until v2.9.8 and I've been using the Dark theme from Satya and it's OK...

The DUNE 3 GUI is HD and very nice,but the flat GUI's are also very good,with all of the information you need in a smaller footprint...

Vital is a good example of that :wink:
No auto tune...

Teksonik wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:43 pm If you mean the GUI in the screenshot on page 1 it's already available as the Dark skin. Or is there another new skin?
I think he's referring to the new iOS layout, which will be avaiable for desktop pretty soon in v2.9.10:
Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 10.11.58.png
There will be 3 new features in this update as well:

1. Pitch quantization based on a specific scale, for oscillator & modulator pitch parameters
2. Velocity zones for layers
3. Keyboard zones for layers

I'm still working on this update, I'm also hoping to migrate to VSTGUI 4.3, we're still on 3.6, which is pretty old.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Are you still adding features to version 2? I thought it was frozen by now, and you wre working on version 3.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:44 pm Are you still adding features to version 2? I thought it was frozen by now, and you wre working on version 3.
He mentioned that v2.9.10 is in the pipeline...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

There will never be a version 3, only version 2.999999999999999999999......

Actually the version numbering would be 2.9.9; 2.9.10; 2.9.11, etc.............
Windows 10 and too many plugins

kv331 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:24 pm I'm still working on this update, I'm also hoping to migrate to VSTGUI 4.3, we're still on 3.6, which is pretty old.
Just as a heads up I'm getting consistent crashes with 2.9.9 rev 10399 in FL Studio. It seems to be related to the GUI as a project that only contains SM2 will load but when attempting to open the GUI FL will crash.

Normally FL Studio is rock solid here but can have issues with certain plugins. Of the over 500 I own I can only remember one or two others giving me any problems in FL. I have tried "Use Fixed Size Buffers" both on and off in FL but with no difference. Also SM2 can take quite some time to load in any DAW I own.

I have submitted a crash report to Image-Line as well.

Win 10 20H2 64 bit. FL and SM2 64 bit. i7 8700K 16 gigs RAM, nVidia 1050 TI current drivers, Focusrite ASIO.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:59 pm There will never be a version 3, only version 2.999999999999999999999......
You guessed it right :lol: :lol: :lol:
Works at KV331 Audio

Xbucket wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:28 pm On Mac it is very stable, the only thing I am not sure is the tuning. When tuning an octave up or down, it often seems to be out of tune.
Mouse scroll wheel helps you increase/decrease in exact semitones. Also, in v2.9.10, I added a new menu item to set the exact pitch:
Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 10.26.34.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio

fmr wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:44 pm Are you still adding features to version 2? I thought it was frozen by now, and you wre working on version 3.
I have to, because I need to change the underlying UI architecture, to make it "modular". I can not start developing v3 before completing this task.

I also need to update VSTGUI to version 4.x, it's still 3.6. My first goal is to upgrade to v4.3
Works at KV331 Audio

Teksonik wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:07 pm One issue that drives me nuts is the fact that when you disable one of the layers from the Active buttons it doesn't send an all notes off message so if you're playing a note when you deactivate the layer it will get a stuck note.
Just reproduced this, thanks for the bug report. fixing today.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:29 am
I have to, because I need to change the underlying UI architecture, to make it "modular". I can not start developing v3 before completing this task.

I also need to update VSTGUI to version 4.x, it's still 3.6. My first goal is to upgrade to v4.3
As long as you don't introduce new bugs, that will force you to keep updating it. This is always a risk when you mess with the architecture. Best of luck :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

kv331 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:39 am
Teksonik wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:07 pm One issue that drives me nuts is the fact that when you disable one of the layers from the Active buttons it doesn't send an all notes off message so if you're playing a note when you deactivate the layer it will get a stuck note.
Just reproduced this, thanks for the bug report. fixing today.
Ok great,thanks! :tu:

Were you able to reproduce the crashes I'm getting in FL Studio? I get crashes when trying to open the SM2 GUI 100% of the time. The test project I sent you will load but as soon as I try to open the GUI from the channel rack FL will crash. Several other test projects yield the same results.

SM2 does not crash any of the other three DAWs I have on that system under similar tests but then no other plugin that I use will crash FL Studio so I'm not sure where the fault lies.

It could be something specific to that system but it has over 500 plugins installed and I rarely have any issues at all with any of them.

I have reported the issue to Image-Line support but they want to blame SM2 and I'm not sure yet that is the case. :?

kv331 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:28 am
Xbucket wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:28 pm On Mac it is very stable, the only thing I am not sure is the tuning. When tuning an octave up or down, it often seems to be out of tune.
Mouse scroll wheel helps you increase/decrease in exact semitones. Also, in v2.9.10, I added a new menu item to set the exact pitch:

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 10.26.34.png
Thank you! Forgot about the mousewheel... that new option seems to be great!

Return to “Instruments”