Your fave MIDI fx, arp, mapper, mangler, generator, chorder, controller, utility. VST or MFX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SHall1000 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:43 pm
OneOfManyPauls wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:07 pm At least it's easy to route in cubase for the track's different midi channels, going to be a faff working around that in ableton.
If Instacomposer can output each of its 5 tracks on different midi channels, does anyone know how to get 5 different instrument tracks to receive each track independently and listen to one midi channel?
I’ve had this problem before with Audiomodern’s Riffer and don’t think I ever solved it
I output individual channels with Riffer all the time - what problem are you having

fairlyclose wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:00 pm
OneOfManyPauls wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:07 pm At least it's easy to route in cubase for the track's different midi channels, going to be a faff working around that in ableton.
If Instacomposer can output each of its 5 tracks on different midi channels, does anyone know how to get 5 different instrument tracks to receive each track independently and listen to one midi channel?
I’ve had this problem before with Audiomodern’s Riffer and don’t think I ever solved it
I output individual channels with Riffer all the time - what problem are you having
Not at my computer at the moment but if I remember correctly You cannot set a Ableton Live track to listen to one midi channel coming from another track. It receives all midi data. I had an email exchange with Audiomodern and they confirmed that it could not be done in Live.

SHall1000 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:10 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:00 pm
Not at my computer at the moment but if I remember correctly You cannot set a Ableton Live track to listen to one midi channel coming from another track. It receives all midi data. I had an email exchange with Audiomodern and they confirmed that it could not be done in Live.
aah - it is a Live problem not a Riffer problem - you would then have to set the instrument to only receive that channel - if that is possible. Easy in Kontakt or Falcon to do that, or you might be able to put a little channel filter on for each track

SHall1000 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:10 pm If Instacomposer can output each of its 5 tracks on different midi channels, does anyone know how to get 5 different instrument tracks to receive each track independently and listen to one midi channel?
This video is part of the group of vids on the PB Instacomposer page:
I think it may help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DibTWPBn88

Anyone able to get Instacomposer to start/stop using the DAW's transport control (rather than IC's own play control)? (Tried in several apps now :dog: )
(If so - DAW and how?)
TIA

NTO wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:28 am Anyone able to get Instacomposer to start/stop using the DAW's transport control (rather than IC's own play control)? (Tried in several apps now :dog: )
(If so - DAW and how?)
TIA
You need to 'draw' note C3 in the timeline for the appropriate length... That should do it!

I just picked this up myself and I have to say the early impressions ae quite good. I have been able to get more 'musical' results with this faster than with Orb Composer. The 'phrasing' in InstaComposer seems to be a little more natural. I may have more to share later, but here is my big problem:

I can't drag and drop (or even load saved midi) generated from InstaComposer into Studio One 5. Here is the error:

Could not load InstaTrack3.mid! The File is broken or could not be opened.

I sent in a report to WA, but in the meantime... is it user error? :)

Take care!

I can drag/drop in Studio One 4.
Thanks for tip about drawing a note in.

The demo locked up my Studio One 5.4, but I think it was related to the demo limitation. I went ahead and purchased it. I have not had much time to play with it, but drag and drop is working OK for me so far (on Windows). Hello Longview BTW- I am up in Bellingham. <edit> Tried saving a midi file and that dropped in OK as well.
Homebrew MSI Ryzen 3700x 32G RAM 4.5 Ghz, Win 10 Pro 22H2, Focusrite 2i2 v3 i/o, Komplete S49, Ableton Live 12, FL 21, Studio One

I ❤️ this thread.

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:07 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:14 pmI can't make this out if it is a midi fx
Nest: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/nest-b ... tent=22146
nest looks interesting for sequencing midi notes and CCs, especially generative patches.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I feel like I can cover the same stuff using voltage modular (that has been such a useful midi toolkit for me).
Unfortunately it only runs on Steam. No VST.

Musical Gym wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:44 pm
SHall1000 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:10 pm If Instacomposer can output each of its 5 tracks on different midi channels, does anyone know how to get 5 different instrument tracks to receive each track independently and listen to one midi channel?
I think it may help.
Doesn't Unify offer everything Bluecat Patchwork does and much more for less $?

Alchemedia wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:18 am
I think it may help.
Doesn't Unify offer everything Bluecat Patchwork does and much more for less $?
Interesting idea, I wonder if InstComposer would work inside Unify as midifx. That would be great. At work now but maybe I will find sometime over the weekend to test this out.

Alchemedia wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:15 am
OneOfManyPauls wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:07 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:14 pmI can't make this out if it is a midi fx
Nest: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/nest-b ... tent=22146
nest looks interesting for sequencing midi notes and CCs, especially generative patches.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I feel like I can cover the same stuff using voltage modular (that has been such a useful midi toolkit for me).
Unfortunately it only runs on Steam. No VST.
No, it can also be used as a plugin itself
nest.png
https://sugar-bytes.de/nest
But, I really don't understand the market for it. People scared of modular won't touch it and people who like modular already have modular so can build something like that themselves and have full control over how it works and what it does. Pretty much all it's made me do is think how I can knock up the same thing for free in VCV Rack which is a nice little challenge in itself, so thanks Sugar Bytes, I guess.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

BluesMuse wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:14 am I have not had much time to play with it, but drag and drop is working OK for me so far (on Windows). Hello Longview BTW- I am up in Bellingham. <edit> Tried saving a midi file and that dropped in OK as well.
Greetings from Longview! Thank you all for the heads up on the working midi drag and drop. I’ll restart the computer after I get the kids to school and see what’s what this AM. :)

I think it may help.
Must be frustrating for the developers to have to suggest buying a £60 plugin to be able to use their £20 plugin in Live! Must be a big slice of their potential market.

Return to “Effects”