Cubase 12 released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Usually the updates are released in November or December which is right around the corner. Looking for any info, if any is out there yet on new features or bugfixes.

A simple search didn't provide anything thus far.

edit: March 2, 2022 version 12 of Cubase was released.

All new features
MIDI Remote integration

Enhanced external device mapping
Improved AudioWarp

Make recordings even more perfect
Scale Assistant in VariAudio

Makes pitch editing a breeze
Improved editing workflow

To make hitting deadlines easier
Audio to chords

Focus even more on the music
Enhanced Logical Editors

A more customizable experience
Raiser

Powerhouse limiter for the final touch
FX Modulator

Breathes new life into your sounds
Verve

A beautifully atmospheric felt piano
Create Dolby Atmos®

Immersive music completely “in the box”
Native Apple silicon

Support for the latest Macintosh computers
New License Management

No more USB eLicenser dongle!
Even more

A range of other tool and performance improvements
Last edited by VitaminD on Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I was wondering the same thing too. I'm currently using Cubase Pro 10.5. I missed out on the summer sale upgrade to version 11. If I purchase the upgrade to version 11 now, would I be eligible for a free upgrade to 11.5 if it should be released sometime in November or December?
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

Even I am wondering the same. I want to update to Cubase Elements 11 (11.5) from 10, mainly for the additional sound content sets. Do yearly point updates like this add further sound content?

Going by their release cycle, 11.5 should be released in November.

I also wonder if there are any sales to be expected this year on Cubase updates/upgrades and Groove Agent 5. These are the two purchases I am looking at, preferably at a 40-50% discount. I also missed both Studio Weeks and End of Summer Sale promotions, damn!

Groove Agent 6, anyone? Would love to see it - even though I am still demoing V5 right now!

hope they gonna add track automation storing to "Track Versions" someday
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

summer2000 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:13 am I was wondering the same thing too. I'm currently using Cubase Pro 10.5. I missed out on the summer sale upgrade to version 11. If I purchase the upgrade to version 11 now, would I be eligible for a free upgrade to 11.5 if it should be released sometime in November or December?
Only if you don’t register it yet. Usually you only get the upgrade for free if you registered your version up to 30 days before the release date of the new version. You can buy it now, of course.

fese wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:38 am
summer2000 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:13 am I was wondering the same thing too. I'm currently using Cubase Pro 10.5. I missed out on the summer sale upgrade to version 11. If I purchase the upgrade to version 11 now, would I be eligible for a free upgrade to 11.5 if it should be released sometime in November or December?
Only if you don’t register it yet. Usually you only get the upgrade for free if you registered your version up to 30 days before the release date of the new version. You can buy it now, of course.
Thanks. I will keep that in mind if I purchase the upgrade before v11.5 is released.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

Hopefully it will be Apple silicone native 😉

Did they ever release the control surface API and enhancements they announced they were working on for 11? I'm expecting those to find their way into 11.5 and allow for better remote control of plugins and possibly a whole lot more once an API is opened up and available. Could allow for very deep integration of control surfaces.

I wonder if they can fulfill the yearly schedule, with the changes made to their licensing/authorization system.

xbitz wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:53 am hope they gonna add track automation storing to "Track Versions" someday
It'll be that kind of thing which would have me updating. This is a very sore missing part, and it'll make a world of difference to me.

chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:59 pm I wonder if they can fulfill the yearly schedule, with the changes made to their licensing/authorization system.
Do you think the new licensing will be available with 11.5? Considering they announced it 6 months ago, I would expect so. Contrarily, such a big change might warrant a major release (12), but then it would mean 1 more year wait, which would be too much. Interesting to see how things unfold in the next couple of months.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:05 pm Do you think the new licensing will be available with 11.5?
It would be a bit of a bummer if it didn't. Although I got used to the slow development of this industry, and the Corona stuff will surely have affected Steinberg as well. So, it might not come until Cubase 12.

Certainly hope it will come earlier though. Will be a nice "throw the dongle into the toilet" party. ;)

chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:08 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:05 pm Do you think the new licensing will be available with 11.5?
It would be a bit of a bummer if it didn't. Although I got used to the slow development of this industry, and the Corona stuff will surely have affected Steinberg as well. So, it might not come until Cubase 12.

Certainly hope it will come earlier though. Will be a nice "throw the dongle into the toilet" party. ;)
it's not coming in 11.5, it's confirmed. Even Cubase 12 wasn't certain.

Yeah, that's true, but they still managed to release 11 last year, and this year things are better. Even if 11.5 does not come, it would be nice if they got rid of the dongle this year. :D

Not a Cubase user, but I am trying to look at the Elements version for some change. Perhaps I can join the party and upgrade to Artist/Pro (dongle-free) in future if I really get into it. I like some features I am seeing. Last time I tried Cubase (Elements), I was pissed off. This time it has been a better experience. Don't think I will switch from FL Studio, but nice for a change and experimentation.

danfi wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:23 pm

it's not coming in 11.5, it's confirmed. Even Cubase 12 wasn't certain.
That would be ridiculous, but probably a good reason for me to stop thinking/hoping of trying Cubase Artist/Pro. Anyway, I should not lose my focus from FL Studio.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”