Anyone have any new info on Tantra 2?>

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For me, the UI is a huge and modern update to an outdated version 1 that was a bit too carnival-like.

Bodhisan wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:05 pm For me, the UI is a huge and modern update to an outdated version 1 that was a bit too carnival-like.
+1

Never been into Tantra v1 - but this update seems to be a mostly cosmetic / code-thing, right?
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Something tells me that the choice to sell the plugin through PA has closed any upgrade path for Tantra 1 owners, right? Not a big fan of the new GUI here - actually I am really happy with the first one designed by Voger Design and tbh I see no convincing reason to upgrade as of now. Therefore I will wait for a too-good-to-be-true sale, or skip 2.

emanuelsj wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:04 pm Something tells me that the choice to sell the plugin through PA has closed any upgrade path for Tantra 1 owners, right?
No there is an upgrade path - email said 'Upgrade path: Tantra 1 owners can upgrade to Tantra 2 for only $49.99. Please get in touch with the DS Audio Customer Support'

Sorry Dmitry I admire you a great deal but even at $9.99 the upgrade would be a hard pass for me due in large part to the GUI.

All I can say is I'm glad now you have the time to work on the new synth or Diversion 2 but please get some feedback or help with GUI design going forward. Your earlier plugins are great looking. No need to change styles just for fashion's sake.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:45 pm Sorry Dmitry I admire you a great deal but even at $9.99 the upgrade would be a hard pass for me due in large part to the GUI.

All I can say is I'm glad now you have the time to work on the new synth or Diversion 2 but please get some feedback or help with GUI design going forward. Your earlier plugins are great looking. No need to change styles just for fashion's sake.
This. I fear for Thorn and Diversion now.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I think the new GUI is way better. I'd love to see a similar refresh of Thorn.

$49.99 seems a lot for not a lot of new features. Don't like the GUI, the modules don't even move to show the signal flow order. All seems very disappointing and odd to me. :shrug:

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:16 pm
emanuelsj wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:04 pm Something tells me that the choice to sell the plugin through PA has closed any upgrade path for Tantra 1 owners, right?
No there is an upgrade path - email said 'Upgrade path: Tantra 1 owners can upgrade to Tantra 2 for only $49.99. Please get in touch with the DS Audio Customer Support'
Thanks for the pricing info but according to me $49.99 is way too much for what it brings to the table. In my case Gatekeeper replaced Tantra 1 some while ago, even if it doesn't have the FX modules. Spending this amount for upgrading a plugin that I will end up not using is a bit much for me. Therefore I will wait for better discounts.

emanuelsj wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:02 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:16 pm
Thanks for the pricing info but according to me $49.99 is way too much for what it brings to the table. In my case Gatekeeper replaced Tantra 1 some while ago, even if it doesn't have the FX modules. Spending this amount for upgrading a plugin that I will end up not using is a bit much for me. Therefore I will wait for better discounts.
Yes but that’s different- there is still an upgrade path, even if not the most generous one, but we all know all PA roads lead to $29 sooner or later

bonch wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:31 pm I think the new GUI is way better. I'd love to see a similar refresh of Thorn.
The trouble is it's not a refresh but a retrograde to 2005 freeware level and that's probably an insult to freeware in 2005. Style is a matter of personal taste but from a purely functional standpoint the new GUI is a huge step back....all in my opinion of course.

That's why I suggested he get some feedback before changing anything else. I'd hate to see Thorn or Diversion get a similar treatment as Tantra. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Here's a perfect example. Tantra 1 is on top and on the bottom of the image you can see Tantra 2's FX routing boxes or to be more precise you can barely see them.

I don't know if Dmitry did the GUI on a HiDPI system without checking how it looks on other systems or not. The screenshot is from a 1920x1080 monitor and as you can see Tantra 1 is very clear and Tantra 2 is barely readable. (KVR compression adds a bit more fuzz).

Tantra1-2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This is what I see.
Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 1.54.52 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bonch wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:55 pm This is what I see.

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 1.54.52 PM.png
What resolution are you running?

Return to “Effects”