Swanky Amp Pro released (1.3.0)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Swanky Amp Pro

Seems pretty good here ;)

Re: the reverb
I wanted something general enough that it can be thrown onto just about any guitar tone without getting in the way,
I think that sums it up nicely - it sounds good with a little bit sprinkled on... ;)

but that would also be distinct and not overly digital (i.e. that really metallic sound that came out of digital reverbs of the olden days).
Well, I'll leave that for reverb aficionados to decide - but it sounds fine here ;)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Really enjoying this. The reverb sounds great, I like the simplicity as opposed to messing around with a more complicated reverb plugin when I just want to play.
I normally use Fuse Audio's germanium overdrive in front for some Glassy™ strat tones.
Out of curiosity, is the cab simulator algorithmic, or does it use IRs internally?

FuzzyDunlop wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:04 am Really enjoying this. The reverb sounds great, I like the simplicity as opposed to messing around with a more complicated reverb plugin when I just want to play.
I normally use Fuse Audio's germanium overdrive in front for some Glassy™ strat tones.
Out of curiosity, is the cab simulator algorithmic, or does it use IRs internally?
Hi, thanks for the feedback!

The plug-in uses IRs for the cab, and those IRs are generated algorithmically. The IRs are based off of: speaker responses, microphone responses (including of course angular response) and edge-diffraction simulation to capture the effect of the cabinet the speakers are mounted onto.

The cabinet response simulation is very detailed and can allow for pretty interesting setups in terms of number of speakers, spacing etc. However, a straightforward setup based on Marshall cabinet dimensions is used for Swanky Amp Pro.

There is also a bit more going on behind the scenes with the speakers: the manufacturer data was fit to extract the resonance and high-frequency breakup. These can then be modified dynamically in the plug-in. And the plug-in uses them to simulate the effect of over driving the speaker cone. This is just another subtle layer of dynamism on top of all the actual amp dynamics and distortion.

Garrin

Ho, Swanky-fans.
A couple of months ago I released some new music featuring Swanky Amp Pro.
It's not a showcase for Swanky Amp, as such, because guitar isn't the main point of the story, but any lead or rhythm guitar that you hear on track II and track IV are all Swanky, with compressor on the front end. Chorus, delay, reverb on the back side.

Thanks to @garrinm and ResonantDSP for a very nice, very smooth plug-in. My Telecaster doesn't leave home without it.

prodigal_sounds wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:04 pm but any lead or rhythm guitar that you hear on track II and track IV are all Swanky, with compressor on the front end. Chorus, delay, reverb on the back side.
Hi! Just passing thru to say I was diggin’ on track II linked above. I do think that was a pretty good showcase for the amp sound! I have found that clean-ish to light breakup tones are where a lot of amp sims fall down. The cleaner tone wasn’t sterile or ‘plasticy’ at all. It had some life and character.

Nice work!

Is there an ARM64 M1 Silicon build of Swanky Amp for Mac available or can anyone confirm functionality in Rosetta?

kidslow wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:35 am Is there an ARM64 M1 Silicon build of Swanky Amp for Mac available or can anyone confirm functionality in Rosetta?
Hi kidslow,

Swanky Amp Pro has been tested on an M1 chip, though only for a single system configuration. You can try to the demo version to determine if it works on your specific system.

https://www.resonantdsp.com/swankyamppr ... nchor_demo

If you do encounter any issues, please send a message.

Thanks,
Garrin

prodigal_sounds wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:04 pm Ho, Swanky-fans.
A couple of months ago I released some new music featuring Swanky Amp Pro.
It's not a showcase for Swanky Amp, as such, because guitar isn't the main point of the story, but any lead or rhythm guitar that you hear on track II and track IV are all Swanky, with compressor on the front end. Chorus, delay, reverb on the back side.

Thanks to @garrinm and ResonantDSP for a very nice, very smooth plug-in. My Telecaster doesn't leave home without it.
Woah, I just had a listen. Those are some great sounding tracks. Those keys definitely hearken back to a different time, in a good way. The mix sounds really great, it's so roomy even when you've got the (very 80s) pads going and all that percussion and guitar and whatnot.

I love the ambiance on Arrival. The spaced out guitars with all that reverb are great. But it's the keys that pull together that ambiance (for me at least). It's hard to pinpoint the reverb sound on those because of the following guitar lines, but whatever it is, it sounds great.

garrinm wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:20 pm
Woah, I just had a listen. Those are some great sounding tracks. Those keys definitely hearken back to a different time, in a good way. The mix sounds really great, it's so roomy even when you've got the (very 80s) pads going and all that percussion and guitar and whatnot.

I love the ambiance on Arrival. The spaced out guitars with all that reverb are great. But it's the keys that pull together that ambiance (for me at least). It's hard to pinpoint the reverb sound on those because of the following guitar lines, but whatever it is, it sounds great.
Thanks! I really appreciate your comments.

Update 1.3.0 is out now. The main feature is the addition of a cold bias when you crank the number of gain stages to the max. This gives more versatility for people looking for hi-gain tones.

There's also a standalone version with ASIO support available for Windows. The Mac standalone version will come in the next update.

And there's a demo video posted on the product page.

https://resonantdsp.com/swankyamppro/index.html

Is there a specific level at which we delete a folder that will result in the presets being re-generated properly? The only way I can get the presets to re-generate at all is if I delete the entire "Swanky Amp Pro" folder and then it doesn't create the "factory" sub-folder but it does make the "HB" and "SC" folders directly under "Swanky Amp Pro".

Has the "factory" folder been removed or is that a folder that I created at some point myself...?
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:08 am Is there a specific level at which we delete a folder that will result in the presets being re-generated properly? The only way I can get the presets to re-generate at all is if I delete the entire "Swanky Amp Pro" folder and then it doesn't create the "factory" sub-folder but it does make the "HB" and "SC" folders directly under "Swanky Amp Pro".

Has the "factory" folder been removed or is that a folder that I created at some point myself...?
You have to delete the entire "Swanky Amp Pro" folder for the plug-in to re-generate the factory presets. You might still have a "factory" folder in there from a long-ago beta version. But as of 1.0 the factory presets come in two folders: "Swanky Amp Pro/HB" and "Swanky Amp Pro/SC". You can also just download and unzip the latest factory presets from https://resonantdsp.com/swankyamppro/do ... resets.zip.

Hope this helps.

Ah, that explains why we need to back up our own presets - have to delete the parent folder (if we go the re-gen route). Thanks!
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

WOW! It seems to be a nice ampsim... and I slept on this release. I think I must try this one!
:tu:
AMD 3500X | RAM 32GB @3200Mhz | GTX 1650 Super OC | SSD M.2 NVMe 512GB | SSD M.2 SATA 500GB | HDD SATA 2TB | Win10 x64 | AKG K92 | JBL One Series 104 | Presonus Eris Sub8 | Steinberg UR22MkII | IK Z-Tone DI | WA12 MkII | Reaper v6

The_Ogre wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:09 pm WOW! It seems to be a nice ampsim... and I slept on this release. I think I must try this one!
:tu:
There will be some discounts running the week of Black Friday, so if you try the demo and like it, maybe wait a week to buy it :).

Return to “Effects”