Whats The Best Value All In One Daw Solution Today ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hoxclab wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:48 pmith all that said I’m buying a Mac Mini when it comes with the m1x chip lol
same here... the day it is available for purchase...

EnGee wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:49 pm
hoxclab wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:48 pm
EnGee wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:03 pm
hoxclab wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:43 pm
echosystm wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:55 am
chk071 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:49 am

You know nothing, Jon Snow. ;)

Maybe, if you said "You won't find a better passively cooled system", but, any mid tier desktop CPU will smoke that thing.
You're missing the point.

You won't find a PC and a DAW, for under $900 in total, that can rival Logic and an M1 Mac Mini.

If you consider total cost of ownership, over 3-4 years, the argument for a Mac and Logic is even stronger. Macs have much higher resale value and Logic obviously has free upgrades.
My $300 used Thinkpad and copy of FL Studio for a total of $500 would disagree. My three albums would disagree as well.
Glad to see such useful setup! For me, it would be a torture or a punishment I don’t deserve :hihi:
With all that said I’m buying a Mac Mini when it comes with the m1x chip lol
Now that is a great plan :tu: Couple it with Bitwig and start modulate everything that moves :hihi:

I have the M1 chip and it is a great one really. My sister's HP laptop is dying just two years of usage!! So, mostly I will give her my MacBook Air and buy a Mini Mac. Now, I will see how much the new M1x will cost, then decide between it and the normal M1 (which is incredible chip, believe me! ;) )
I know it’s good enough but I am holding out still and already on the Bitwig train and loving it! Good luck on whatever route you go with the m1 chips.

@hoxclab: Good luck to you too 😀

If you get the cost of buying either a pc or a mac out of the way and don't bother arguing about which is better:

Logic Pro is amazing VFM. The number of instruments and effects that come with it is stunning, and the quality is amazing. I still have not explored all of them, after years, mainly because stuff like the ES synth series has such a dated, crappy pixelated interface. Bet they sound amazing too, though.

Mmm! I'm a bit confused... At Thomann Studio One 5 Professional is €349 which makes it a whole lot more expensive than Logic Pro X.
I thought the question was ‘Whats the best value DAW?’
And that puts Logic pretty much at the top of the list IMO.
Nuff said!

echosystm wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:40 am I also have S1 Pro. The effects are ok, but the instruments are among the worst of any DAW.
I think S1 is a fine DAW. But the FX are pretty meh. And the instruments are not good at all. When you compare them to 3rd party stuff.

Effectsworks wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:50 am
echosystm wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:40 am I also have S1 Pro. The effects are ok, but the instruments are among the worst of any DAW.
I think S1 is a fine DAW. But the FX are pretty meh. And the instruments are not good at all. When you compare them to 3rd party stuff.

S1 is a very no frills type of DAW. They focus on the workflow and give you some effects here and there but for the most part they expect that you have your own plugins you want to use. I mean instead of creating their own audio pitch shifting editor they worked with Celemony to create ARA instead. That should tell you pretty much all you need to know about how they approach things. They are a fairly small team so it could just be something they do to save on resources.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Effectsworks wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:50 am
I totally agree. But, that's not really relevant to me. As long as the "mastering" fx are OK, it doesn't bother me, because, I have enough good modulation, or time based fx for a new lifetime.

As I jiust demo'd Cakewalk a bit again, I can only say that I use Studio One for entirely other reasons than the included instruments. It just talks to me, and, it isn't nearly as bloated, and packed full of eatures as other DAW's. Fire up Cakewalk, and switch to the advanced view, and you will probably get what I mean. It's a nice GUI, but, there's simply too much stuff in there. I know that there's other views, but, frankly, just dressing the pig won't make it anything different than what it is.

kelvyn wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:50 am Mmm! I'm a bit confused... At Thomann Studio One 5 Professional is €349 which makes it a whole lot more expensive than Logic Pro X.
I thought the question was ‘Whats the best value DAW?’
And that puts Logic pretty much at the top of the list IMO.
Nuff said!
Pretty much this. Logic is the best bang for buck DAW in the market. There really is no arguing that point. With Apple pretty much giving the DAW away and all the yearly updates they release without charging for it. Maybe FLStudio Producer edition is an alternative?

Interestingly I don't really see a lot of people mention Cakewalk by Bandlabs. Isn't that free?
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

It is. And, it's great value for (no) money. :) If I had no budget, I'd use it. I'm just too spoiled by other DAW's to really get into it.

chk071 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:51 pm It is. And, it's great value for (no) money. :) If I had no budget, I'd use it. I'm just too spoiled by other DAW's to really get into it.
Yeah. The last time I used Cakewalk it was still called Sonar and it wasn't even the redesigned UI version yet.

Yeah. Sonar X1 was the last version I used before they went Bandlab. It's come a long way. It doesn't even crash on plugin scan. :lol:

chk071 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:43 pm But, that's not really relevant to me. As long as the "mastering" fx are OK, it doesn't bother me, because, I have enough good modulation, or time based fx for a new lifetime.
Me too! The workhorse plugs in S1 are good. I don't really like the FX but I have loads anyway so it never really bothered me either. It's still on of the better DAWs in my opinion.

Cakewalk by bandlab

Regarding DAW instruments I think Ableton and Logic's are pretty solid. Alchemy is a beast.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”