I love MPOWERSYNTH

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MPowerSynth

wagtunes wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:Here's another quick thing I threw together today. Just two instances of MPOWERSYNTH. Modified presets with some automation. It's part of my "Talking myself out of a Fizmo" series. :oops:

https://soundcloud.com/zerocrossing-1/mpowerreso
That's like really spacey man. And not Kevin Spacey either. LOL.
http://m.memegenerator.net/instance/60407497#
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

So, do you guys still love MPowerSynth in 2021? Is it still worth it in 2021?

I think that in 2021 MSoundfactory is a better purchase... It is a beast!

It's still a very nice synth, the oscillators have really interesting morphing/shaping capabilities, the modulators are powerful and the FX section is great if you like the Melda effects. I personally like them enough to buy several of them as individual plugins.

But MSoundFactory completely and utterly dick-slaps MPowerSynth from a sound-design perspective, and the price difference is not so much when on sale (actually it looks like MSF is still at introductory price, so they currently cost the same).

Anyway if you take it as it is, it's still a nice synth.
Last edited by Niowiad on Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

i love it as well.. the amout of oversampling can be insane to cover from gritty lofi to analog like audiorate maybe the best itb , on many plugins these modulation get noisy (aliasing) and or sound smoothed / filtered and not right.
now i wish he could add more filters..even if the drive and saturation can sound very analog the filters don t behave the same in all situation. anyway no big deal i don t use it for these sounds..even if it sound more quality analog than most plugins on audiorate osc modulation with the insane amount of oversampling and the non muffled dark muddy sound like on synth like diva

to cover audiorate osc modulation cleanly 16x oversampling is the minimum..and this one can upsample by 512 or 1024 i don t remember ( but i like grit and alaising as well.. but the aliasing that sound great cause i have control on it, not like for example on serum when i hear in the back grund noise it can maybe be as low as - 50 db tdunno but i s enought to loose a detailed sound ,and this cause it just have 4x oversampling so it can t handle audiorate modulation in analog way depending the amont of harmonics on the source and the one generated, it s good to have control on all this with all the quality and settings available depending the needs , it s sad that with many companies people that have good cpu are penalised.. cause these companies lower the cpu at the expense of sound to sell more , we can hear it in lot of plugins that the quality is compromised big times but lucky sometimes we don't hear it much with cleaver programing and good ears i guess)

Msoundfactory is basically the same sound with way more fonctionality that are welcome when needed

Hi Kobal, any advice on analog sounding synths? What synths do you use?

ggio77 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:54 pm Hi Kobal, any advice on analog sounding synths? What synths do you use?
i don't use any emulation cause i don t like the limitation of these but for this uhe and tal are good from the one i know, synapse i didn t try. i like more to find some analog like flavor in digital synth cause these day if i can t modulate most stuff i feel too limited and i also make lot of soundwith wavetables, so i like synth like serum massive X bazille cypher , vital , melda ones , sometimes i use largo, reaktor.. on the most digital synths on a complex patch with lot of audio rate osc modulation.. if there is no bad sounding aliasing and the modulation sound good and there is a orgnaic quality to the patch, it sound more highend analog than vintage emulation of dark, muddy undetailed stuff imo or at least i prefer that these days.. before i was all about vintage analog sound but not anymore..i even put lof alaising on pupose on many patch , crazy how can taste evolve.. you give me a minimoog i don t know what i would do with it.. sample it and resell it..same for all the vintage monos and poly.. it s too limited and not the sounds i like anymore.
some modern analog stuff can be close to digital as nothing drift much and its detailed sound ,it can be organic also. all this can happen in some digital and proud synths even if it s not as easy and the spot can be small and sometimes happy accident ..even if these are not emulation they can have some similarity in their behavior that sound analog to me.
so really depends what analog flavor you search..cause analog can mean so many things depending the persons, it can be no aliasing, great filters that saturate or not, lot of small things that are not static ect.. for me right now the best is organic quality on sound that have lot of modulation, and it s the hardest to mimic i don t know what plugins give me organic quality easy..none.. it can happen just on some patchs on some spots, probably on all the one i listed and many more , it s a combinaison of things , mouvement, frequency balance,even on some analog its not easy to get very organic sound even if by default they tend to sound already more organic than 100% digital synth to me probably cause of some dynamic things that happen under the hoods , drifting on voice of many things is just one little things of that organic quality .. it s a lot on frequency balance and transients ,nice sheen coloration, good sounding top... if it s dark sounding with no clean top usually i don t like at all cause the transients are not detailed. also it s easy to make a synth sound dark , you just put a filter, but to have nice top end is really not easy
Last edited by kobal on Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 41 times in total.

crickey13 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:28 am So, do you guys still love MPowerSynth in 2021? Is it still worth it in 2021?
I still LOVE it. I can build sounds with it that I can't approach with any other synth.
I've tried to remake them with MSoundFactory and something always goes wrong. Maybe it's just me but...
The thing is I still use MPowerSynth and love it !!! :tu:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:31 pmI can build sounds with it that I can't approach with any other synth.
I would love to hear such sounds. From what i've heard in the very few mpowersynth soundsets these were either basic sounds or "complex effects" other synths have a simple knob to dial in for or they were so complex (with all the modulations) that they had no musical value anymore. And these were the experiences I made too. Nothing I couldn't do with other synths, especially quicker and more easy.

I think it's great. It has a really unique workflow with a ton of options for the oscillators. And you get access to almost all of the MeldaProduction plugins in the FX section.

That being said, I'd suggest to get MSoundFactory instead. It can do everything MPowerSynth does and much more. You can even open MPowerSynth inside of MSoundFactory, so you get it anyway with a little additional clutter.

MirkoVanHauten wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:50 pm
DJErmac wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:31 pmI can build sounds with it that I can't approach with any other synth.
I would love to hear such sounds. From what i've heard in the very few mpowersynth soundsets these were either basic sounds or "complex effects" other synths have a simple knob to dial in for or they were so complex (with all the modulations) that they had no musical value anymore. And these were the experiences I made too. Nothing I couldn't do with other synths, especially quicker and more easy.
OK, here is the kind of sounds I'm making for MPowerSynth :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P74cJF ... sp=sharing

MPowerSynth is the ONLY synth used here. Only presets I've made.
External drums, made myself.
Very, very quick mix, only tried to correct the problems.

I know who you are... :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

DJErmac wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:04 pm

Thank you. I don't know if this is just a communication issue or if I misinterpreted your statement. But you've built sounds you can't approach with other synths, which are supersaws, gnarly basses, techno stabs and a sine kick drum? Pretty sure I've heard them before even in factory content of synths :D

MirkoVanHauten wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:20 pm
DJErmac wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:04 pm

Thank you. I don't know if this is just a communication issue or if I misinterpreted your statement. But you've built sounds you can't approach with other synths, which are supersaws, gnarly basses, techno stabs and a sine kick drum? Pretty sure I've heard them before even in factory content of synths :D
Well, to me they sound better in MPowerSynth. This is what I meant actually. There is a depth, a sense of detail I can't approach with other synths. They would need endless post processing.

MirkoVanHauten wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:20 pm Thank you. I don't know if this is just a communication issue or if I misinterpreted your statement. But you've built sounds you can't approach with other synths, which are supersaws, gnarly basses, techno stabs and a sine kick drum? Pretty sure I've heard them before even in factory content of synths :D
To me it sounds much cleaner than most other synths. But most people hate clean stuff for some reason, so it's obviously not going to appeal to them.

The thing is : when I'm trying to make a sound, I try with several synths.
MPowerSynth always gives me the most detailed, ready to use results.

Return to “Instruments”