Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiphonics CV-2 Reaktor Softube Modular

Does anyone else think the “breakout” modules from the standalone instruments and effects lack CV inputs for many of the control parameters? For example CV control for Dirt is missing on the Tape Echoes module.

Also there are no attenuation controls for the CV inputs. How do I control the Tape Echo delay Time over a narrow range with an LFO connected to the CV input without it shifting the delay time across its full range?

SHall1000 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:47 pm Also there are no attenuation controls for the CV inputs. How do I control the Tape Echo delay Time over a narrow range with an LFO connected to the CV input without it shifting the delay time across its full range?
Add a Dual Gain module, route any CV signal through it, and use the knob to control the depth (amplitude) of the signal. You can do this for any CV input that doesn't have an amount knob.
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:42 am
SHall1000 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:47 pm Also there are no attenuation controls for the CV inputs. How do I control the Tape Echo delay Time over a narrow range with an LFO connected to the CV input without it shifting the delay time across its full range?
Add a Dual Gain module, route any CV signal through it, and use the knob to control the depth (amplitude) of the signal. You can do this for any CV input that doesn't have an amount knob.
Thanks.

Okay, Softube Modular presets for PC are stored to this path.

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Softube\Presets\Modular

Does anybody know where the path is for Mac? I have a customer who needs to put converted presets (softubepreset format) there.

Thanks.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:33 pm Okay, Softube Modular presets for PC are stored to this path.

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Softube\Presets\Modular

Does anybody know where the path is for Mac? I have a customer who needs to put converted presets (softubepreset format) there.

Thanks.
don't know the path, but softube modular has an import function.

Try this,

/Library/Audio/Presets/Softube/Modular
Yorgos Simeonidis

wagtunes wrote:
Depending on the developer, presets can wind up in one of four places on a Mac. Besides the aforementioned:

/Library/Audio/Softube/Modular

...pathway, other developers may park their presets folders in the below mentioned pathways. I’ll assume filulilu is a Softube user (I'm not) and that is where the Softube program officially expects their presets to be stored... but, as a courtesy to other Mac users wondering about where to look in general, there are three other spots on a Mac that preset libraries might be stored:

/Root HD/Users/YourName/Library/Audio/Presets/Plug-in’s Developer Name

/RootHD/Library/Application Support/Plug-in’s Developer Name

...or possibly this pathway:

/Root HD/Users/Shared/Plug-in’s Developer Name and/or Plug-in Title

(This last one is where Native Instruments parks all its factory libraries)
On a number of Macs

All of the module expansions are 50% off this weekend (and Modular itself is 33% off). Any module recommendations?

Yea I have a recommendation........Save your money for VCV Rack plugin dropping Nov 6th

SonicDimension wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:09 am All of the module expansions are 50% off this weekend (and Modular itself is 33% off). Any module recommendations?
Tried to find the sale, is it starting tomorrow?

SonicDimension wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:09 am All of the module expansions are 50% off this weekend (and Modular itself is 33% off). Any module recommendations?
beside the nice joke, what is point?, to go for VCV rack. any module rec's?

what do you own? i have most, especially the modular specific ones, and parallels and model 72, not the other 3 instruments. also reverbs.. o well.

all are great, softube modular, although i use also yes VCV rack, not that often, and Voltage Modular, with quite some modules, Reaktor, with quite some blocks... a lot..

softube modular gives me still sounds, that suits me, sound great, incredibly even. you don't need a lot of modules... if you patch it right...

the Buchla's of course. o well any modular specific module, i would recommend. it covers a lot, a lot. not many, as with VM or Reaktor or VCV, but the combinations....

but it depends also on what you already own. and want. but the buchla's...

I love the mutable modules. The SM ones sound the BEST in the virtual realm IMO.

I wish they release more. An elements at least.

WasteLand wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:38 am
beside the nice joke, what is point?, to go for VCV rack. any module rec's?

what do you own? i have most, especially the modular specific ones, and parallels and model 72, not the other 3 instruments. also reverbs.. o well.

all are great, softube modular, although i use also yes VCV rack, not that often, and Voltage Modular, with quite some modules, Reaktor, with quite some blocks... a lot..

softube modular gives me still sounds, that suits me, sound great, incredibly even. you don't need a lot of modules... if you patch it right...

the Buchla's of course. o well any modular specific module, i would recommend. it covers a lot, a lot. not many, as with VM or Reaktor or VCV, but the combinations....

but it depends also on what you already own. and want. but the buchla's...
me too, i dont need VCV, because modular sounds so nice and gives me the sounds i want - only the handling could be more adopted by voltage modular

Here's some stuff made with Softube Modular
(shameless selfpromotion)
martinjuenke wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:48 pm A collection of ambient and generative tracks produced solely with the fabulous Softube Modular.

Aural waves, steady and unpredictable, playing the jeux d'eaux, with all their facets of the endless game.

Enjoy!

https://sonograyn.bandcamp.com/album/waves

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:15 am Here's some stuff made with Softube Modular
(shameless selfpromotion)
martinjuenke wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:48 pm A collection of ambient and generative tracks produced solely with the fabulous Softube Modular.

Aural waves, steady and unpredictable, playing the jeux d'eaux, with all their facets of the endless game.

Enjoy!

https://sonograyn.bandcamp.com/album/waves
Nice music, gorgeous sounds => bought!

Return to “Instruments”