Messiah goes 64 bit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Edited
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gunnare wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:16 pm It is a list selector in upper left corner. You can select from SD, 4K and 4K+. It will not change until you close the GUI and open it again.
Ah yes, ok, then I think we need something between SD and 4k. SD is too small for me but 4k doesn't fit my screen.

I should have read on. I am in exactly the same situation as Vortifex. But it's no deal breaker.
The instrument is fantastic...

2K is needed obviously. :)

Vortifex wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:46 pm I have a 27" 1920x1080p screen. The current Messiah size options are:

Too small:
toosmall-min.png

Too big:
toobig-min.png

Way too big:
waytoobig-min.png

Whereas the big ME80 size is perfect. Is this option not available for Messiah?:
perfection-min.png
Just wondering, is the text and app scaling in your Screen Properties set to more than 100%?

Regards,

--
Marco

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regarding GUI sizes, I think one should keep in mind that just because one has a certain monitor resolution, it does not mean the GUI should be that big. It should not be more than 75% of it because there is still the Windows bar, DAW bars etc.

I doubt that anyone with a 1920x1080 monitor wants or expects their plugins to be 1920x1080 in size. I certainly don't. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Vortifex wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:46 pm I have a 27" 1920x1080p screen. The current Messiah size options are:

Too small:
toosmall-min.png

Too big:
toobig-min.png

Way too big:
waytoobig-min.png

Whereas the big ME80 size is perfect. Is this option not available for Messiah?:
perfection-min.png
Same here. SD too smale 4k & 4k+ too big. An alternate medium sized GUI would be appreciated.

e-crooner wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:20 pm Regarding GUI sizes, I think one should keep in mind that just because one has a certain monitor resolution, it does not mean the GUI should be that big. It should not be more than 75% of it because there is still the Windows bar, DAW bars etc.
Yes, but the HD version is maybe 30-40 % of a 27" 1920x1080p screen

rasmusklump wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:56 pm
e-crooner wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:20 pm Regarding GUI sizes, I think one should keep in mind that just because one has a certain monitor resolution, it does not mean the GUI should be that big. It should not be more than 75% of it because there is still the Windows bar, DAW bars etc.
Yes, but the HD version is maybe 30-40 % of a 27" 1920x1080p screen
And you know what the weird thing is? I took my screencap on a 27 inch screen, @1080p, 100% scaling - This is why I asked you in the first place - so the same setup as you, and yet the screen real estate occupied by the plugins looks quite different.

Once again, I don't think this is a bug or a shortcoming in any way; I'm just curious because at this point it seems like one of us is experiencing some unexpected rescaling of the GUIs.

EDIT: Part of this post was in reply to the screenshots by Vortifex, sorry for the confusion.

Regards,
--
Marco
Last edited by vulpes777 on Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Retrologue is also pretty small, but supposedly it automatically scales up under certain conditions:
https://forums.steinberg.net/t/free-zoo ... ize/707486

Maybe something similar is going on with Messiah?

I just tried the Demo and yes SD is too small and 4K is too big so if I were to consider buying it there would need to be a middle size. 1920x1080 scaling at 100% in Reaper and Orion.

It says right on the GUI....

Mess.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:42 pm I just tried the Demo and yes SD is too small and 4K is too big so if I were to consider buying it there would need to be a middle size. 1920x1080 scaling at 100% in Reaper and Orion.

It says right on the GUI....

Mess.png
We released Messiah version 2.2 today. It has changed middle size GUI (HD) to fit 1920x1080 monitors. We had many reports that the middle size GUI was too big to fit the most common monitor sizes. Chris had to change both the code and the skin. Hopefully it will benefit one or two users.....

Oh, and we updated the demo again.
Last edited by gunnare on Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Messiah 2.2 was released today.
Improvements in version 2.2:

The middle sized skin (HD) has been changed to fit 1920x1080 monitors The skin size comes in 3 sizes.The skin size will not take effect until you close the GUI and open it again. The skin selector is in the upper left corner of the GUI. You can select from SD, HD and 4k.

Extended frequency range for P5 filter.

Level compensation for LadderA filter , so that it will keep constant level when doing self-oscillaton.

New button in the envelope section for pick-up mode. Pick-up mode means that envelopes will start at last used voltage instead of zero. It is the way analog envelopes work. I set almost all presets to pick up mode, except arp sounds and a few others that benefited from start at zero.

New CC control template for Sequential Take5. To load: Hit "File" next to the LCD display. Then "Load CC MIDI map". You can also save your own CC setups from the "File" menu. You can hit "messiah_clear_all_CC" to remove the preset CC setup before you make your own. Then just right-click the knob you want to assign.

154 new sounds
8 new factory sounds
2 new sounds in bank c
17 new sounds to complete bank k
127 sounds in a brand new minimog_OBXA soundbank.
The number of sounds that is available from the "bank" button: 1397 sounds.

The minimoog_OBXA bank is what you have always wantet the Legend to sound like. I have the Legend, it sounds good and powerful, but the factory sounds have no interesting phasing and cancellation when playing riffs or solos. It is completely stiff. Like it was programmed to trigger single sounds. The most interesting Minimoog sounds in my opinion is that phase cancellation that seems to be much stronger in the Minimoog than with other synths. So when you play a line it is like octave shifts are happening to the sound over time. I have tried to recreate those interesting things that happen over time.
The minimoog sounds also has the fizz knob halfway up. That is filtered noise modulation to the oscillators that is intended to mimic the Minimoog`s bleed from the power supply to the oscillators.

And while waiting for the Behringer UBXA it was interesting to examine how the OBXA sounds, it has a very distinctive harsh resonance that I have tried to recreate in the bank. You can hear that harshness at 27.42 in this video, especially at 28.10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA8XLhd5P3w

I made too many OBXA sounds for the new bank, so you will also find a number of them at the end of the k bank.

Messiah has a big collection of filter models:
P5 - Prophet5
SV filter - SEM the only 12db filter in the synth.
LadderA - Moog
LadderB - Moog
Funky - Oberheim XA
Biquad - A very clean neutral filter.

The slope button:
When off: The filter is in double mode. 24db for SV filter, and 48db for all the other filters.
When on: The filter is in single mode. 12 db for the SV filter, and 24 db for all the other filters.

Return to “Instruments”