Studio One, compared to FL/Ableton?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The main issue here isn't features, it's workflow. That is a matter of personal preference. You need to try the DAWs and reach your own conclusion.

Studio One compared to FL/Ableton: It's better.

[/thread]

chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:23 pm Studio One compared to FL/Ableton: It's better.

[/thread]
How is it better for people who prefer matrix / looping / clip-launcher based workflows?

Right.

You mean I should have read past the topic title?

mholloway wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:54 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:23 pm Studio One compared to FL/Ableton: It's better.

[/thread]
How is it better for people who prefer matrix / looping / clip-launcher based workflows?

Right.
I think I’m not huge fan of looping type workflow since I don’t find FL Studios workflow very “smooth” for me. So maybe 🤔 n this case Studio One really is better since it’s not so much of looping.

I don’t HATE looping, it has its own good sides naturally. And it can be very handy for some type of music.

Um... I said this recently.

I do a bit of band stuff and a lot of electronic stuff. I personally find S1 excels at the band/recording stuff. But Ableton is better for EDM type of production. But you can do both with either. I have both, incidentally.

But if I were you, and you want to do EDM stuff then I'd go for Abe. But, YMMV!

Take a close look at the Ableton session view and think about if you need it. Because that’s the main difference, everything else is pretty superficial. Also get the demos for both and try them.

^^^ + total the absence of the modulation gonna hurt
https://www.admiralbumblebee.com/DAW-Chart.html

so typically in S1 sound design kinds of stuff have to be solved inside the different plugins, forget this workflow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asmTRay-HZY
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:46 pm ^^^ + total the absence of the modulation gonna hurt
https://www.admiralbumblebee.com/DAW-Chart.html
See that's the kind of thing that is majorly flawed with such comparisons (and it's very easy to see): DAW's are not all catered to the same market. Bitwig is for different people than Studio One is for different people than FL Studio is for different people than Pro Tools. So, judging them all by what kind of modulation they offer (as you can see, only a couple of them really do) isn't really very smart.

Whether or not the lack of modulation is even an argument for you is very dependant on the user.

S1 is no match for FL let alone Live. FL is easily the best deal on a DAW on the market. It’s seriously a no brainer.

True. Studio One is for those of us with a brain.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

hoxclab wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:28 am S1 is no match for FL let alone Live. FL is easily the best deal on a DAW on the market. It’s seriously a no brainer.
I assume you payed a lot of money for FL and haven’t used S1 at all, or not very thoroughly?

Ableton Link > FL Link.

flori89 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:04 am
hoxclab wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:28 am S1 is no match for FL let alone Live. FL is easily the best deal on a DAW on the market. It’s seriously a no brainer.
I assume you payed a lot of money for FL and haven’t used S1 at all, or not very thoroughly?
I’ve used S1 it’s garbage. You have to pay to update. The piano roll is inferior. It crashes easily. You have to go through a screen on startup before you make music. It’s clunky. It’s everything FL and Live are not.

This is a joke, to compare Froot Loops to a professional DAW for musicians, right?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”