Windows 11 drivers for audio interfaces

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kr3eM wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:32 pm
LeVzi wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:51 pm Turns out there is an issue with Ryzen 5000 CPUs and L2 cache ....
L3 cache apparently :wink:
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-windows-11-slows-cpus-up-to-15-patch-coming wrote: AMD says it expects a Windows update to resolve the L3 cache issues, while a software update will remediate the problem with the UEFI CPPC2 preferred core technology. Both are expected to arrive this month. We'll update you as we learn more.
  • Measured and functional L3 cache latency may increase by ~3X.
  • Applications sensitive to memory subsystem access time may be impacted.
  • Expected performance impact of 3-5% in affected applications, 10-15% outliers possible in games commonly used for eSports.
  • UEFI CPPC2 (“preferred core”) may not preferentially schedule threads on a processor’s fastest core.
  • Applications sensitive to the performance of one or a few CPU threads may exhibit reduced performance.
  • Performance impact may be more detectable in >8-core processors above 65W TDP.
I was close 😂😂
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:51 pm Turns out there is an issue with Ryzen 5000 CPUs and L2 cache , probably why that guys system was running cooler as it wasn't running hard at all.

A hot fix is on the way. Lots of people running it without issue , but equally many having issues . Ryzen 5000 users I'd wait for a few hotfixes .
Turns out there is an issue?

I'm not a bean counter and I give a wet earth about what some endorsement online newspapers are writing about "my issues" I don't have any issues.

Could be possible that there are minor issues with optimization. I don't notice any and I'm not a frame counter either. Microsoft will iron them out in the next weeks anyway.

My 5900x machine runs about 6 degrees cooler Idle and needs 20 Watt less. So with a GTX 1650 Graphics Card It's about the same Power consumption as before using a GT 1030, which I don't recommend. It seems that Nvidia gives a shit about the performance of the lower end Graphic Cards and I had several DAW's crash with the GT 1030 ( also on my Intel i7-7700 PC ) That's much more of an issue and nobody is writing about it.
It's OT but I want it to mention.

In other words.
Who in this thread owns a 5900x and has issues?
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

t3toooo wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:36 pm
LeVzi wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:51 pm Turns out there is an issue with Ryzen 5000 CPUs and L2 cache , probably why that guys system was running cooler as it wasn't running hard at all.

A hot fix is on the way. Lots of people running it without issue , but equally many having issues . Ryzen 5000 users I'd wait for a few hotfixes .

I'm not a bean counter and I give a wet earth about what some endorsement online newspapers are writing about "my issues" I don't have any issues.

Could be possible that there are minor issues with optimization. I don't notice any and I'm not a frame counter either. Microsoft will iron them out in the next weeks anyway.

My 5900x machine runs about 6 degrees cooler Idle and needs 20 Watt less. So with a GTX 1650 Graphics Card It's about the same Power consumption as before using a GT 1030, which I don't recommend. It seems that Nvidia gives a shit about the performance of the lower end Graphic Cards and I had several DAW's crash with the GT 1030 ( also on my Intel i7-7700 PC ) That's much more of an issue and nobody is writing about it.

In other words.
It's an actual fact from Microsoft and AMD , you aren't exempt .

AdvancedFollower wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:57 am Yeah it's essentially Windows 10 21H2.
Windows 10 21H2 + heavy makeup/wig/prosthetics + bugs = WIN 11
See, rounded corners... :lol:

--------------------------------------------------------

t3toooo wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:36 pm My 5900x machine runs about 6 degrees cooler Idle and needs 20 Watt less. So with a GTX 1650 Graphics Card It's about the same Power consumption as before using a GT 1030, which I don't recommend. It seems that Nvidia gives a shit about the performance of the lower end Graphic Cards and I had several DAW's crash with the GT 1030 ( also on my Intel i7-7700 PC ) That's much more of an issue and nobody is writing about it.

In other words.
The Win 11 AMD bug exists and it is already fixed in the BETA version.
The power consume is result of the stuff installed + drivers and how the hardware
is configured, but if you want the best system latency the consume will be higher.
viewtopic.php?p=7624448#p7624448
You can check the latency with https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon
That is why I created 2 shortcuts in the desktop with different power settings
https://devblogs.microsoft.com/windows- ... indows-10/
Some people like
https://coderbag.com/product/quickcpu
https://www.sordum.org/12818/switch-power-scheme-v1-3/

--------------------------------------------------------

W10Privacy is updated for Win 11 :clap:
https://www.w10privacy.de/english-home/

Good stuff already mentioned :tu:
https://www.builtbybel.com/blog/19-apps ... windows-11
https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10
https://msmgtoolkit.in
Last edited by Pictus on Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr_meee wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:23 am
BONES wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:14 am Dumb advice. This isn't Vista, it's a cosmetic upgrade to Windows 10. Everything is the same. Everything will keep working.
Do whatever you want at your own risk, but dont insult others opinions just because you were entusiast enough to neglect any valuable contents (if any) inside your hard drive out of the need to experiment a new version of the windows.
Your advice is well taken and bears out across the numeorus forums I have been reading. We have until 2025 before support for Windows 10 runs out. Steinberg is indicating that Cubase isn't working optimally yet and are not signing off on compatibility for now.

LeVzi wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:27 pm
t3toooo wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:36 pm

In other words.
It's an actual fact from Microsoft and AMD , you aren't exempt .
And so what? Warning people to install Windows 11? This bug does affect me
not in the slightest.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

It's funny, You can write what you want and some Toms come along, doing some hardcore measurement and UUUhh!! 5 frames are missing in a Game while the CPU is about 80° and everybody is quoting this nonsense. In two weeks everything is forgotten and the next "issue" comes along.
I could write how I'm getting my Idle temps. I'm getting lazy though...
Don't think it's a constructive conversation anymore.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Said the guy trying to shot down constructive criticism...

Passing Bye wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:58 pm Said the guy trying to shot down constructive criticism...
Me? Where?
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Passing Bye wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:58 pm Said the guy trying to shot down constructive criticism...
I separated the other question.
Do you have Windows 11 installed?
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Right after others provided additional info on your findings, there’s nothing constructive about being dismissive, defensive and condescending, look the other way around, your info have even less value than info you are trying to dismiss, at least people are finding bugs that will get fixed, you are just providing no service to anyone, even as W11 unpaid tester.

I don't think I was getting personal to anyone in this thread. Your words towards me are:

"shot down constructive criticism" "being dismissive, defensive and condescending" "look the other way around, your info have even less value than info you are trying to dismiss"

I think that's a bit too much...
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Kindly disagree.

Passing Bye wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:53 pm Kindly disagree.
I don't , I think he's a butthurt MS fanboi

It's proven yet he denies it.

Installed win11 on my gaming rig. It feels like win10 with some glitchy 3d party theme, with a lot of UI inconsistency. Or some user-made facelift mockup without any optimization whatsoever.

New desktops and windows management are cool tho. I used to use 3d party software for that.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”