Sonnox released Claro EQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Claro

Sonnox Claro EQ

EQ, in tune with your needs

About Claro
We're proud to announce the latest addition to our Toolbox range: Claro is a brand new EQ Plug-In that comprehensively serves the production process from composition to final mix. With three distinct views offering progressively more detail, it's easy and intuitive to use. Whether you're a bedroom producer or a Grammy-winning pro, Claro will empower you to make informed musical decisions in a unique way; helping you to take control of your production workflow and to create your own voice.

Claro's EQ delivers characteristics that encompass those of well-loved Neve EQ's, their modern derivatives, and the SSL G Series, too, but with unique cleanness and precision. They are presented in three views:

Produce view keeps you focused on the big picture rather than obsessing about minor details in the early stages of mixing or while you're still composing.
As its name suggests, Tweak view allows for a deeper dive into the finer details when it suits you best.
Mix view allows for adjustments to be seen and made in the context of the full mix.

Whether you're a bedroom producer or a Grammy-winning pro, you want to take control to develop your own musical voice. Claro will empower you to make informed musical decisions in a unique and intuitive way.

Claro is a comprehensive EQ Plug-In that serves the production process from composition to final mix, with three distinct views, progressively adding deeper insight and precision to prevent mud, clutter, or harshness, helping you blend your tracks into a clear and balanced mix.

FEATURES

Claro's EQ is highly flexible, with each of its 26 bands offering:
A clean, musical-sounding EQ that resembles the well-loved Neve types, their modern derivatives and the SSL G Series, as well as many high-end outboard equalisers.

Left, Right, Mid, Side, Mono, or Stereo channel processing giving you the capability to correct, widen, narrow, or make space within each track.
A wide 20hz - 40kHz range. The extended high-frequency range offers a smooth, airy quality - excellent for vocals and mix busses.
Variable Q, including resonance and overshoot on the cut and shelving filters, respectively, giving you the ability to mimic classic synth filters and hardware EQ curves.

Variable slopes on all band shapes, up to super-steep (120dB per octave) for surgical work and treating precise audio bands
Claro's automation is smooth and artefact-free, unlike most premium EQs.

Auto Gain uniquely keeps your track at the same loudness, no matter the signal content or how you choose to EQ it.

https://www.sonnox.com/toolbox/claro

I wish I didn't know about the existence of this ... but it really looks like a wonderful future

Demo'd this as soon as I got the email for it. I like it.

It is trying to combine the slick eq and FF workflow into one. Really nicely done.

The two things it falls short on is no dynamic bands, so Pro q has an edge there and no soft saturation which slick eq does very well along with the vintage curves.

I think it does the masking visualisation an implementation better than Pro q though.

I could see myself using this a lot. Sound is good results are good. Will run out my demo.

NinjaToon wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:07 pm Demo'd this as soon as I got the email for it. I like it.

It is trying to combine the slick eq and FF workflow into one. Really nicely done.

The two things it falls short on is no dynamic bands, so Pro q has an edge there and no soft saturation which slick eq does very well along with the vintage curves.

I think it does the masking visualisation an implementation better than Pro q though.

I could see myself using this a lot. Sound is good results are good. Will run out my demo.
Keep us updated when you run through the demo, please! I REALLY like the look of the workflow with this; I have a nasty habit of getting distracted when using a normal EQ during the production process, and the very basic first step of this plugin seems like it would be a huge help in combatting that.

SNBeatz wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:12 am
NinjaToon wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:07 pm Demo'd this as soon as I got the email for it. I like it.

Keep us updated when you run through the demo, please! I REALLY like the look of the workflow with this; I have a nasty habit of getting distracted when using a normal EQ during the production process, and the very basic first step of this plugin seems like it would be a huge help in combatting that.
Yes the "produce" tab (first one) is excellent, the auto leveling seems to work well but obviously gets weird if you push it to the extremes. One problem is that there is no general output control so when turning off the auto-leveling you are kinda in no mans land. There is an auto gain freeze function which leaves the auto gain where it is at that moment and then lets you adjust the eq with no auto gain; which is not the same as just setting the level yourself post eq but it is helpful.

The MS mode is nice too, just switch over and have access to the sides on the high shelf and a side cut on the low filter. Very quick workflow.

Fixed frequencies are great too for that API or neve feeling. Just a lot of workflow enhancements in this EQ.

The tweak mode is fine (the pro q mode basically) but I do miss the floating knobs from the fabfilter. Mix tab works well, inverse eq moves is a great feature and the resonance metering is useful for putting you in the right places to examine quickly. You gotta be wary that you don't start notching everything though :hyper:

It's a really slick product but do i need it? If it had even simple dynamic bands I think I would have already purchased it, but it doesn't which does seem like an oversight in an eq with these mix features. Also not having an output control is irritating so hopefully they put that in. The oxford eq still only has a trim control (no positive gain) 20 years later, so...

This looks neat, ngl

Personally, I'm having very very good results with this.

Am I right in assuming this is strictly a zero latency EQ, meaning not Min. or Lin phase modes? I make this assumption based on latency figures provided on the Sonnox page.
Also, the lack of output gain control is troubling.

Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:50 pm Am I right in assuming this is strictly a zero latency EQ, meaning not Min. or Lin phase modes? I make this assumption based on latency figures provided on the Sonnox page.
Also, the lack of output gain control is troubling.
Yeah that's correct.

The auto gain tech is THE big feature for them it seems, the USP as they say.

This EQ 95% of the way there. If they iron out these little wrinkles I would jump. Sound is good and workflow is great so I'm hoping that somehow Sonnox indicate they are looking at feedback. I can't remember any major changes to any of their releases tbh.

Awww man, I thought i was covered for EQ. This is so effortless and quick. Love the ease of EQing the sides which is something i don't do as much as i should. GUI is nice and clean and CPU is minimal. Hmmmm.

I have owned sonnox plugins since they came out prob 20 years ago and they have never changed anything not the UI, the features or the sound. At one point I was sick with them because I have to pay extra so to keep up with the current versions and OS.
Getting ride of their plugins isn’t an easy task either.

Anyway, tried this Claro against usual suspects ie. sonnox eq, FF, melda, Epure and so on..my conclusion is this is a very musical eq just like sonnox eq and Epure but with a bit more transparency and feature rich. This will be my new go to.
Check out some of my latest mixes and remixes:https://soundcloud.com/thinkmusic007

Claro is Awesome :clap:

I tried it today on a drums bus. It loaded fast on my machine and I liked the functionality very much. Unfortunately, it's auto-gain function boosted the track by 1.5-2 dB according to a couple analyzers and, frankly, my ears. So, in absence of a manual output control, it's a deal-breaker for me.

Demoed and it is Q3 with a fresh GUI and a couple of implementations, it is good if you not own FF , differently are $90 (with the actual sale) that go for something you already have.
The "energy screen" is not bad, the "conflict" section is a bit clear than FF and how various istances interact for corrective equalization work goob but being a Q3 (and not only) user I think I'll buy it black friday 2022 if it will be at 75% discount.

Return to “Effects”