Recommended VSTs for minimal house?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking for some effect VSTs, currently using Tantra 1, however wondering if any other recommendations out there 8)

I see you are new to KVR, so welcome. You can always find more features and functionality with a multi-effect such as Tantra. So I would suggest looking at other multi-effect plugins unless there is something specific you're looking for. Minimal House is a genre just as wide as any other style of electronic music due to all the different options available to us. Is there an example of what it is you're after, or are you just curious?

These are some of the plugins I researched, tried and ended up purchasing:

Boom Library - EnRage
Devious Machines - Infiltrator
Unfiltered Audio - Byome/Triad, Sandman Pro, Silo, SpecOps & Lo-Fi AF
Soundtoys - Effect Rack
iZotope - Stutter Edit 2
Output - Portal, Thermal & Movement

Those would be enough plugins to keep anyone busy for quite a while. If you're interested in effects and instruments, you may want to look into a bundle such as Native Instruments Komplete or Kilohearts Tool Box. I would also add that there is an incredible array of free plugins to choose from in the KVR Database from developers such as u-he and Valhalla DSP. That's always a good place to start your search: https://www.kvraudio.com/plugins/instru ... ree/newest

Good luck - M

Perfect- I'll have a look into these suggestions!
Much appreciated!

morphex has some great suggestions. I'll add ShaperBox from Cableguys for a nice suite of effects that would be nice for minimal house. And, although I don't own it (yet), the new Other Desert Cities by Audio Damage might be worth a look - seems like that could be a perfect delay (at a nice price) for minimal house.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

you know what these forums need? Another name-a-vst list!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

For really minimal house you’re going to want OnePingOnly.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Wha-sor-o-things are ya tryin' ta do with minimal house? I mean shit, you can use anyfin'. Are ya doin' loops and want a loop fx thang then sugarbytes has a few of those.

jamcat wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:12 am For really minimal house you’re going to want OnePingOnly.
I was going to recommend using nothing,but you're right...

One Ping Only is the perfect solution...

Or maybe even One Pong :wink:
No auto tune...

it's so hard finding good plugins these days. If only someone would create a website where we could find a few of these mysterious and elusive plugins!

Kinh wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:58 am Wha-sor-o-things are ya tryin' ta do with minimal house? I mean shit, you can use anyfin'. Are ya doin' loops and want a loop fx thang then sugarbytes has a few of those.
My workflow at the moment is either creating sounds in serum/ using samples then using one of my effect rack plugins to manipulate. Use tantra a lot as its fast and really effective for this but was wondering if there was any other similar options out there!

oldie but goodie, PSP N2O. great and useful basic set of presets vs other multifx where it's more flashy and wild.
a newer one, exponential audio excalibur, great sound and has been on sale a lot.

psynical wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:10 pm it's so hard finding good plugins these days. If only someone would create a website where we could find a few of these mysterious and elusive plugins!
:tu:

Soft synths are plugins are impossible to source right now and there's no information on the web at all...

It must be a global supply chain issue :wink:
No auto tune...

Reflex Pro X

I dunno why you'd want a lot of glitchy type stuff for minimal house.

Maybe get a really nice reverb, and delay, and just work on stuff to get your mix tight. Good EQ's for the makeup (EQuality / Pro Q )

Decent compressors (COMPassion / Pro C) or maybe some analog modelled gear for flavour.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

digitalboytn wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:40 am
psynical wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:10 pm it's so hard finding good plugins these days. If only someone would create a website where we could find a few of these mysterious and elusive plugins!
:tu:

Soft synths are plugins are impossible to source right now and there's no information on the web at all...

It must be a global supply chain issue :wink:
Yeah those damn HGV drivers not delivering them on time.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Return to “Effects”