Reason price hike starting October 1st

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/8132

Reason annual subscription half price (100 USD) from any other DAW X Grade....

You get Punish Lite free as well

Cheap enough?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

antic604 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:34 am
MuzikFreq wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:51 amoh boy Image Line is going to have an even bigger field day with their "FREE LIFETIME UPDATES!!"
Really? I'd rather pay $200 every 2-3 years and use a DAW I love, rather than struggle and plow through endless pop-up windows and never ending drop-down menus of FL :)
Sorry but from a Bitwig user who has to click endlessly to bring up the right context menus for making any changes I cannot take this seriously... :tu:

Trancit wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:11 pm
antic604 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:34 am
MuzikFreq wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:51 amoh boy Image Line is going to have an even bigger field day with their "FREE LIFETIME UPDATES!!"
Really? I'd rather pay $200 every 2-3 years and use a DAW I love, rather than struggle and plow through endless pop-up windows and never ending drop-down menus of FL :)
Sorry but from a Bitwig user who has to click endlessly to bring up the right context menus for making any changes I cannot take this seriously... :tu:
I don't think I ever used right-click menu in Bitwig, honestly. 90% is covered by gestures and Inspector, remaining 10% is keyboard shortcuts.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

After December, you get one new core feature per year. Folder Tracks come in 2023... :-D
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

antic604 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:52 pm I don't think I ever used right-click menu in Bitwig, honestly. 90% is covered by gestures and Inspector, remaining 10% is keyboard shortcuts.
I don´t mean any rightclick menu in Bitwig...
I mean that many actions are just available in the context menu on the top respectively in the inspector...
That means if you i.e. want to edit 2 different plugins/clips/whatever with an option which is available only in this 2 places you have to select one part go all the way to one of these 2 places make the edit, go all the way back down and select the next one go all the way up again make this edit... perhaps again the first one go all the way down and select the first one again... all the way up... you get the pattern...

Bitwig is for me the DAW where you do a mouse marathon for every single action...

Is there a tracker which can measure the way you went with your mouse in a period of time...
Wouldn´t surprise me if it shows 10-15 miles after a day working in Bitwig...

Bitwig users have perhaps a higher risk to get a tennis elbow... or perhaps a tennis wrist... :D

Trancit wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:44 pmBitwig is for me the DAW where you do a mouse marathon for every single action...
That's not true at all, especially for an experienced user. I literally never use the tile menus, other than the Play one, but even that probably 1 time in 5-10 sessions.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:10 pm
Trancit wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:44 pmBitwig is for me the DAW where you do a mouse marathon for every single action...
That's not true at all, especially for an experienced user. I literally never use the tile menus, other than the Play one, but even that probably 1 time in 5-10 sessions.
Yeah I'm not getting that at all, for all the fussing I did early on with Bitwig, it's mouse-less navigation is at a higher level than any other DAW here. It's just a matter of spending a good amount of time going over the commands for navigation and selection.

There's also an offer for 3 months of R+ for $1 right now...

https://www.reddit.com/r/AudioProductio ... of_reason/

antic604 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:10 pm
So what do you do in Bitwig if you want to lower the volume of a bunch of mixer channels together??
Only possible in the inspector...right??
What do you do if you are not working that much with your mouse??

Oh...you use your keyboard...
And what does the experienced user of FL Studio do???
Right... he/she/it uses the keyboard...
Nearly every entry in your unfavoured rightclick menu has a keyboard shortcut...
Do you see the underlined (or better underpointed) letters??
Rightclick.jpg
So all you have to do is to shortly rightclick what you want to change...hit the corresponding key... and you guess it:... done!!

It´s as fast as in any other DAW... :tu:

I hope you can see my point now...
It´s not that one or the other is better or worse... it´s just that you cannot judge if you don´t know what you are doing!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

machinesworking wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:25 pm I haven't been able to find a release history timeline for Reason, but I get the impression it's about every year and a half.
Reasonistas has an interactive database that shows a timeline of Reason's release history, including pricing and the new features introduced with each release. Free login required, but it's pretty interesting:
https://www.reasonistas.com/reinventory

The thing that bothers me most at the moment about the R+ subscription is that you can not extend it at this point in time. I have brought this up as an issue with their support. My subscription expires in May 2022 (purchased annual at 50% discount). As it is now, I can not take advantage of new deals such as PB's current 50% off sale in order to extend my subscription. I have to hope there's another decent sale in May (usually there is, but it's no guarantee).

I suggested to their support that they allow you to extend the subscription by up to one year as long as you have less than one year remaining on your current subscription. This way customers can take advantage of a single sale during the year, but not extend their subscription by multiple years (which would not be in the best interest of RS). Hopefully they will seriously consider this option.

waxtrax wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:39 pmThe thing that bothers me most at the moment about the R+ subscription is that you can not extend it at this point in time...
Yes, I did that as well (directly to James Pember who primised it's something they will do). The subs need to be stackable, like Bitwig's upgrade plans.

However, what you mean you can't take advantage of the PB deal? You'll get a serial that - once your current sub runs off - you put into your account and you'll get a fresh year of sub. Isn't that how it's working?
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:10 pm you can't take advantage of the PB deal? You'll get a serial that - once your current sub runs off - you put into your account and you'll get a fresh year of sub. Isn't that how it's working?
It might work that way (not sure), but I wouldn't want to be wrong about something like that :wink:

waxtrax wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:39 pm
machinesworking wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:25 pm I haven't been able to find a release history timeline for Reason, but I get the impression it's about every year and a half.
Reasonistas has an interactive database that shows a timeline of Reason's release history, including pricing and the new features introduced with each release. Free login required, but it's pretty interesting:
https://www.reasonistas.com/reinventory

The thing that bothers me most at the moment about the R+ subscription is that you can not extend it at this point in time. I have brought this up as an issue with their support. My subscription expires in May 2022 (purchased annual at 50% discount). As it is now, I can not take advantage of new deals such as PB's current 50% off sale in order to extend my subscription. I have to hope there's another decent sale in May (usually there is, but it's no guarantee).

I suggested to their support that they allow you to extend the subscription by up to one year as long as you have less than one year remaining on your current subscription. This way customers can take advantage of a single sale during the year, but not extend their subscription by multiple years (which would not be in the best interest of RS). Hopefully they will seriously consider this option.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=559911&p=8034230&hi ... e#p8034230
Have you tried Vital?

I read the post you linked, but I am unclear as to what point you are making?

waxtrax wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:34 pm I read the post you linked, but I am unclear as to what point you are making?
The point was clear, at least with regards to why he can't find the information about Reason's version history, and is applicable doubly to this price hike and version mess Props have been trying to push.

Also, the link which supports the point was in that same post and is actually digestible and easy on the eyes.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180717201 ... oftware%29

Reasonistas is a mess to look at and totally hidden from public with the bonus everyone loves of having to register as well to see it.
Last edited by Psuper on Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Have you tried Vital?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”