Acon Digital Acoustica Premium

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After deciding to not support Adobe any longer, I've been on the search for a new sample editor. I've been trying this and that, but I'm not really impressed by any of the "big" ones. That is until I stumbled over Acon Digital Acoustica Premium. That one seems like a hidden gem and looks like the perfect choice for me.

Before I shell out the money though, I would love to hear any pros and cons and experiences from any of you guys :)

bronlund wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:23 pm After deciding to not support Adobe any longer, I've been on the search for a new sample editor. I've been trying this and that, but I'm not really impressed by any of the "big" ones. That is until I stumbled over Acon Digital Acoustica Premium. That one seems like a hidden gem and looks like the perfect choice for me.

Before I shell out the money though, I would love to hear any pros and cons and experiences from any of you guys :)
There is a trial version on it.
Get it Here
Plus there's 2 versions of it, the Standard (which I have) is only $60 and you can upgrade later.
The main reason I got it is because it's a multi-track audio editor as well.

Thanks. Yes, I've been running the Premium trial, but it's ending in a couple of days. The Standard versions isn't really an alternative for me because I need the big spectrogram :D I didn't know it could do multi-track though!

Maybe this could be interesting for you? PA is running a promo on Acon Digital (don't know if the coupon still works):

"Restoration Suite 2 is a suite of four cutting edge plugins for audio restoration and noise reduction.
JUST $29.99 TODAY*

ADRS22999

Use this voucher code during checkout!
Offer ends October 14, 11:59 PM California Time
This is a fixed price offer! The price for this product will not change if
you add more plugins to your order. But you will get dynamic discounts
of 20-60% on any additional plugins you may purchase.

*Local VAT taxes may be added, only if required by law in your country."

After buying that and redeeming the coupon you can then Upgrade to the suite for I guess 99 USD.

Just saying ....

EDIT
Is it this we're about?
https://www.thomann.de/gb/acon_digital_ ... remium.htm

Then I don't know if that uprade offer refers to that "premium" or to another AD products.
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

Thanks! That's a good tip! I was going to wait and see if there was any good Black Friday deals coming, but this deal isn't bad either :)

Acoustica is super good and DeNoise 2 is super good.
Last edited by jamcat on Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Has been my go-to audio editor for a long time, and I do own pretty much everything there is. And the plugins are absolutely outstanding.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Bought it yesterday, can't wait to put it through its paces. Probably the most non-BS GUI I've seen in a long time, took me a couple of minutes to figure out most of its functionality.

Thanks guys. I haven't tried any of the plugins, but I do agree about that non-BS GUI. Another thing I did notice, specially compared to Wavelab, is how responsive it is. When I press play it starts playback, it doesn't use two seconds to figure out what to do.

Stian eagerly updates Acoustica in accordance with user requests and suggestions, the program uses a very user-friendly copy protection, probably the best there is, and then you get some nifty spectral capabilities if you need them on top of the usual audio editing tools.

Additionally, you get the Mastering Suite among other things and can use the plugins in other hosts. All the plugins use the same color scheme, which gives them a professional, slick, unpretentious look, which I like a lot, reminds me of Voxengo a bit.

Honestly, at this price with this rugged integration and functionality, it's a no-brainer.

OMG! Your mentioning of the name Stian made me stop. That's a pretty common name here in Norway so I went straight to the company tab on the website and what do you know, it's a Norwegian company!

No-BS GUI, outstanding plugins, excellent value for money, user-friendly copy protection and Mastering Suite included - and Norwegian (I know, I know). Count me in!

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to talk me over. I'm really looking forward to dig into this editor now.

Verberate 2 is also included. :D

A couple of words about my process here. My needs when it come to sample editors is pretty simple. I want to navigate and cut samples in the best way possible. By navigate I mean zooming and scrolling and when I can control both with just the mouse and control keys, I'm happy. In addition I need it to be both fast and simple to make cuts where I want them. Making and editing selections, setting markers and labels, saving loops, zero-crossing detection, easy fade-in and fade-out functionality and stuff like that - that is what I primarily need a sample editor for. For anything more advanced I usually turn to other software.

I'm a grown ass guy and my sample editor back in the days was Cool Edit. It was awesome and it was of no surprise when Adobe bought it and made it into Audition. I've used Audition on and off for a number of years, but the pricing is just ridiculous now. And it's starting to get kind of bloated - which is kind of a feat since new features are few and far apart. One example is that phase view which looks absolutely stunning, but which I have absolutely no use of.

I did try to stick to Audacity for a while and even though it's a pretty capable sample editor, it's ugly - I just can't help it. The scripting system is really powerful and I have seen guys doing amazing stuff with that, but it's just not for me. In my experience this is kind of typical for open source software, but I want something a little more slick.

Another editor I've spent some time in is SOUND FORGE. It's okay, but when I moved to Apple some years ago, they have a totally different application for that, SOUND FORGE Pro Mac. They try to sweeten the deal with some bundled stuff, but I just think it is suspicious. Why would you split the development into two different applications with different feature-sets? It doesn't seems like a very efficient way to make software. In addition I guess I'm kind of biased because back in the days, MAGIX was all about cheap DJ stuff - even though SOUND FORGE isn't their creation originally and has changed owners several times.

I've tried a number of simpler ones too. Since my needs are kind of limited, I thought that maybe I could get by using something like Fission, oceanaudio, TwistedWave, WavePad or stuff like that. Sorry to say, those are just too simple and in every one of them, I was looking for features that didn't exist. The same can be said for DAW included editors, those are usually just the bare minimum. I'm probably forgetting a bunch of editors I've tried through the years, but I think you get the point. Me, with a little help from you guys, landing on Acoustica Premium, isn't just me needing an editor. This is a result of years upon years of working, testing and frustration.

I should write a book about the perfect sample editor :D

Be aware that the Acoustica 7 Plug-in manager is EXTREMELY neurotic!

I just downloaded the demo (Mac OS, 10.14.6) and (all up to date) my Gullfoss, all of the SoundToys, Audio Thing Speakers, The Orb and Type A, Eventide H910 Harmonizer and Blackhole, etc. were "deactivated after failing to initialize…"

Of course they all run fine in Live 10, Logic and DP. Of course I immediately erased everything to do with Acoustica from my SSD.
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Thanks for the warning! I'm too running macOS, but v11.6 though. If I can't use plug-ins that's not really a deal-breaker for me. I only need a capable sample editor mostly for cutting. If I want to be more creative, I usually reach for Ableton Live.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”