2021: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2021)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Waves WUP Renewal v13
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Shabdahbriah wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:04 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:20 pm
weather drones, i do not know, but the name alone sounds almost gimp suit like :lol:
Far-be-it-from-me to tempt you. :D

{Ooh ~ LOOK!!! >>> something shiney!!!} :o

https://youtu.be/KSP9sFmtqLg
damn you!!! :lol:

After getting the stand delivered today, I finally got it set up (except for a right-angled midi cable that's on order :dog: ).

elxsound wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:53 pm After getting the stand delivered today, I finally got it set up (except for a right-angled midi cable that's on order :dog: ).
nice :tu:

elxsound wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:53 pm After getting the stand delivered today, I finally got it set up (except for a right-angled midi cable that's on order :dog: ).
Looks like an awesome setup you got going. I got bored today and went down to the music shop
and grabbed a Boss RC-500 Looper pedal. Locally, I'm kinda limited by what they have, but it's
one of the better loopers for the money fortunately. I will probably still get the Blooper at some
point as well, I have lot's of stuff I can feed into it. Also I just happen to want one, same with
the Boss unit. :lol:

pekbro wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:16 am
Looks like an awesome setup you got going. I got bored today and went down to the music shop
and grabbed a Boss RC-500 Looper pedal. Locally, I'm kinda limited by what they have, but it's
one of the better loopers for the money fortunately. I will probably still get the Blooper at some
point as well, I have lot's of stuff I can feed into it. Also I just happen to want one, same with
the Boss unit. :lol:
You’re gonna be happy having both. Blooper just calls for abusing whatever you feed into it. Every time I used Blooper as just a regular looper I felt guilty. :hihi:

The RC-500 is definitely one of the more excellently useful things I've ever purchased. Although I think
I may need another, as this one is likely permanently mated to my Pro 3.

loopop made a vid on the RC-500 apparently, if you have a HW synth (or a few) you might consider
the RC-500 or similar, literally adds a new lvl of depth to your HW sound sources. Almost a mandatory
pairing. Of course it's basically Ableton lives looper in a box. *For me, Its pretty much controllable via the Pro 3 sequencer, which is awesome...

https://youtu.be/3Rr_9mdK1Rc

While interesting, ^^^ actively trying to divert Vurt from his destiny will prove futile, ultimately. :hihi:

https://youtu.be/MDzGPs9dH5Y
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

foosnark wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:17 pm ...bought an Ears...

...Befaco Crush Delay V2...
OK, I love both of these modules.

But yesterday Noise Engineering released their Lacrima Versio and Melotus Versio firmware, and I feel like I got more new modules :D Auto-wah was really not on my radar as a useful effect, but Lacrima also has a really nice saturation effect, a sort of self-mod thing, and vaguely Juno-ish chorus and it just sounds great overall.

Melotus though... wow. Granular delay, very different from Beads or Clouds. I *think* each grain is a separate buffer, and it never records and plays the same buffer simultaneously -- they are more like delay taps than grains in the classic sense. Instead of Time, Size and Density, you have Sparse, Length and Delay. Delay is sort of Time + Density combined. Anyway, with Sparse fully cranked you have only one grain, and get gaps, which can create rhythmic patterns if you're using clocked delay time. It'll also do this eerie throbbing that works great with the Tone control (which combines a filter and octave down or up). This is hot stuff to me. I may need to get a second Versio and just keep one parked on Melotus at all times.

foosnark wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:42 pm
foosnark wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:17 pm ...bought an Ears...

...Befaco Crush Delay V2...
OK, I love both of these modules.

But yesterday Noise Engineering released their Lacrima Versio and Melotus Versio firmware, and I feel like I got more new modules :D Auto-wah was really not on my radar as a useful effect, but Lacrima also has a really nice saturation effect, a sort of self-mod thing, and vaguely Juno-ish chorus and it just sounds great overall.

Melotus though... wow. Granular delay, very different from Beads or Clouds. I *think* each grain is a separate buffer, and it never records and plays the same buffer simultaneously -- they are more like delay taps than grains in the classic sense. Instead of Time, Size and Density, you have Sparse, Length and Delay. Delay is sort of Time + Density combined. Anyway, with Sparse fully cranked you have only one grain, and get gaps, which can create rhythmic patterns if you're using clocked delay time. It'll also do this eerie throbbing that works great with the Tone control (which combines a filter and octave down or up). This is hot stuff to me. I may need to get a second Versio and just keep one parked on Melotus at all times.
Cool! I don't have any NE modules, and honestly most do not appeal to me, but just checked out Melotus Versio. Thanks for the heads-up. Very interesting.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:32 am While interesting, ^^^ actively trying to divert Vurt from his destiny will prove futile, ultimately. :hihi:

https://youtu.be/MDzGPs9dH5Y
granddad, can i have a pony?

no, because shabdahbriah Is a bastard

:lol:

it is very interesting :oops:

also, i have plenty of loopers.
not the boss, but i got the digitech which is very similar.

speaking of, couple of years back, was doing some guitar stuff with it, the missus said "ooh, looping, just like ed sheeran"
so after poogling him, i pointed out my f**king pedal was older than him, if anything he's copying me :x

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”