Cableguys NoiseShaper: The Dynamic Noise Designer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
NoiseShaper ShaperBox

Sweet! I'm also looking forward to hear Guetta's next WTF?... :wink:

e@rs wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:35 am Sweet! I'm also looking forward to hear Guetta's next WTF?... :wink:
Here we go..:

Source: https://djmag.com/top-100-djs/poll-2021-david-guetta

Ehm, he's talking about Kickstart 2 and new VolumeShaper.. let's see what's coming ;-) .. still will take some time though.

David is really into our plugins. Both with DriveShaper and NoiseShaper, we got several excited emails from him within an hour after we've sent him preview versions. It seems he's always on the computer doing music.. he had actually uploaded this clip to his own Instagram when our private preview version was just an hour old.

We had so much great feedback from dozens of famous artists, Darude, Armin van Buuren, Robert Babicz and I especially love what César Sogbe said: "I was able to add depth and space to drums that I would never have been able to with reverb or distortion." And also here on forums and socials it's just so good feedback, it's overwhelming this time.

This great feedback from all of you really means a lot to me and the other Cableguys, and its still surreal to know that our plugins are used on so many songs.

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:58 am
e@rs wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:35 am Sweet! I'm also looking forward to hear Guetta's next WTF?... :wink:
Here we go..:

Source: https://djmag.com/top-100-djs/poll-2021-david-guetta

Ehm, he's talking about Kickstart 2 and new VolumeShaper.. let's see what's coming ;-) .. still will take some time though.

David is really into our plugins. Both with DriveShaper and NoiseShaper, we got several excited emails from him within an hour after we've sent him preview versions. It seems he's always on the computer doing music.. he had actually uploaded this clip to his own Instagram when our private preview version was just an hour old.

We had so much great feedback from dozens of famous artists, Darude, Armin van Buuren, Robert Babicz and I especially love what César Sogbe said: "I was able to add depth and space to drums that I would never have been able to with reverb or distortion." And also here on forums and socials it's just so good feedback, it's overwhelming this time.

This great feedback from all of you really means a lot to me and the other Cableguys, and its still surreal to know that our plugins are used on so many songs.
Jacob, I'm beginning to suspect Cableguys might just be onto something here. :)

ShaperBox is becoming one of the most used plugins. Sidechain ducking has proven to be a gateway drug into a much larger toolbox.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Just bought it. Really love this! Paired with the lowpass-Hipass, perfect to spice stuff up. Would be nice to be able to drop some wavefiles in there. I have a strega and it makes a lot of noise ready to be sampled.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

paradiddle wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:58 pm Just bought it. Really love this! Paired with the lowpass-Hipass, perfect to spice stuff up. Would be nice to be able to drop some wavefiles in there. I have a strega and it makes a lot of noise ready to be sampled.
You can import your own samples! It's just a bit hidden.. check the NoiseShaper section in our PDF manual here: https://www.cableguys.com/shaperbox-tutorials.html

Great thank you! Never too old for another lesson in RTFM!
Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:07 pm
paradiddle wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:58 pm Just bought it. Really love this! Paired with the lowpass-Hipass, perfect to spice stuff up. Would be nice to be able to drop some wavefiles in there. I have a strega and it makes a lot of noise ready to be sampled.
You can import your own samples! It's just a bit hidden.. check the NoiseShaper section in our PDF manual here: https://www.cableguys.com/shaperbox-tutorials.html
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Is there any way to just get the noise to repeat on a loop without the envelope follower? Best I can tell on quick usage, turning the envelope follower off turned off the noise entirely. Depending on the level on the level in the shape window, I'd expect the noise to just play with no envelope shaping. But instead I get nothing at all.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:49 pm Is there any way to just get the noise to repeat on a loop without the envelope follower? Best I can tell on quick usage, turning the envelope follower off turned off the noise entirely. Depending on the level on the level in the shape window, I'd expect the noise to just play with no envelope shaping. But instead I get nothing at all.
The noise should play (unless you stopped your song). Or are you using Logic? If I recall correctly, Logic (and a few other DAWs maybe) stops sending process calls to effect plugins when there's no audio.

When can we expect cleanshaper?

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:58 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:49 pm Is there any way to just get the noise to repeat on a loop without the envelope follower? Best I can tell on quick usage, turning the envelope follower off turned off the noise entirely. Depending on the level on the level in the shape window, I'd expect the noise to just play with no envelope shaping. But instead I get nothing at all.
The noise should play (unless you stopped your song). Or are you using Logic? If I recall correctly, Logic (and a few other DAWs maybe) stops sending process calls to effect plugins when there's no audio.
Thanks, I'm sure it was just the transport. I was just experimenting and trying to hear the noise samples by themselves to get a feel for each and almost certainly wasn't running the transport. But if I enabled the envelope and turned input monitoring on and fed it some signal, the noise was audible (Note: was using Reaper). Will try again later and confirm.

Guettas TOP plugin of the year is.. Kickstart?
No offense. Great plugin. But, pretty standard boring utility stuff.. "Crazy"?
Seems like kind of an excitable guy.
ImageImageImageImage

I had driveshaper from before and I bought the entire full shaperbox yesterday.

I like these plugins, nice GUI, easy to use and I can get some interesting effects from it. You can go subtle or you can go crazy if you want.

highkoo wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:07 pm Guettas TOP plugin of the year is.. Kickstart?
No offense. Great plugin. But, pretty standard boring utility stuff.. "Crazy"?
Seems like kind of an excitable guy.
He is talking about the unreleased Kickstart 2 :wink:

Regarding Kickstart 2, that he's referring to.. not released yet though, will still take a little bit.

And well.. maybe it's not crazy in a sense of let's say analogue sounding digital filters or great u-he synths. But if your tools that you require all the time are fast to use and to adjust, then yes, this can make it a favorite tool.

Absolutely no knock on you guys. Every single thing you make is top notch imo.
Dave seems alright too. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Effects”