very disappointment about vps avenger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is really something that blows my mind. The copy protection is a pain in the @ss because you have to renew it every three months, true. But at which moment do you (I’m talking to nobody specifically) conclude that it makes Avenger a bad product ? It seems some people jump to the conclusion that BECAUSE the copy protection is bad, then the synth is bad. Just : WTF... The synth is absolutely pristine to me.

Sure, you’re free to love it or dislike it. But it’s the shortcut that bad copy protection equals bad synth I can guess sometimes that freaks me out. It’s a simple compromise I totally accept (with hope they’ll change the copy protection some day). Yes, I have to renew my licence, I don’t like the idea, but it’s the ”price” you pay to get one of the most powerful synth of this era. Don’t you ever make compromises in your life ?

If you dislike the product, just dislike it, don’t buy it, resell it, you’re free and nobody cares what synth you choose, but this copy protection excuse sounds like a pure child tantrum to me. You want it all, you want it all exactly the way you want. Then prepare your @nus, life is tough.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:52 pm Then prepare your @nus, life is tough.
wait till you get to my age.

vurt wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:57 pm
DJErmac wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:52 pm Then prepare your @nus, life is tough.
wait till you get to my age.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh... problems with... sorry to hear that. :shrug:

Avenger copy protection is one of the worst problems you’ve been facing in your entire life ?
Rape-Ewok-PREPARE-YOUR-ANUS.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

poor wicket! :o

vurt wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:14 pmpoor wicket! :o
Hugely popular internet meme :shrug:

DJErmac wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:52 pm There is really something that blows my mind. The copy protection is a pain in the @ss because you have to renew it every three months, true. But at which moment do you (I’m talking to nobody specifically) conclude that it makes Avenger a bad product ? It seems some people jump to the conclusion that BECAUSE the copy protection is bad, then the synth is bad. Just : WTF... The synth is absolutely pristine to me.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion?
I haven't seen many attacks against the Synth itself, most of the criticisms seem to stem from the intrusive CP or the policy change that happened after users put their hard earned cash down and were suddenly faced with unwanted agro.

Now that VPS offer a simple way out (Refund Policy) for anyone that feels cheated there's not much more to say about the matter.

I agree with Norqa.

I have no complaints about Avenger as a synth, and I don't think most people posting in this thread do.

However, I think VPS is an absolute garbage company for taking my money on an explicit promise of a simple keyfile copy protection system, which I specifically relied on. It's especially bad because VPS knew the risks of not using a dongle -- they'd used eLicnser for years -- but affirmatively chose to move away from that get the market bump of proudly proclaiming a keyfile system to lure in people like me, and then screwed its customers over once it didn't work out for them, without offering a refund. I am thoroughly disgusted with VPS and would never purchase from them again. (Note I'm not saying they were legally obligated to offer refunds -- I understand the concept that you buy software for what it is now, not what it develops into. I'm strictly talking about my own assessment of their moral character.)

But all that being said, I don't dispute that Avenger is a fine synth.

msvs wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:47 pm I had a good laugh, too, about fake germans, nazis and drunken trolls. KVR never fails to deliver :clown: :lol:

Something will change due to M1 implementation soon, stay tuned. :party:
It’s my favorite synth on the market, don’t love the CP because it hasn’t always worked well when installing new expansions, but I get by. What I really would love to see is NKS implementation. Nexus 3 has it. Being able to browse expansion presets in Maschine would be unbelievable.

Norqa wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:06 pm
DJErmac wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:52 pm There is really something that blows my mind. The copy protection is a pain in the @ss because you have to renew it every three months, true. But at which moment do you (I’m talking to nobody specifically) conclude that it makes Avenger a bad product ? It seems some people jump to the conclusion that BECAUSE the copy protection is bad, then the synth is bad. Just : WTF... The synth is absolutely pristine to me.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion?
I haven't seen many attacks against the Synth itself, most of the criticisms seem to stem from the intrusive CP or the policy change that happened after users put their hard earned cash down and were suddenly faced with unwanted agro.

Now that VPS offer a simple way out (Refund Policy) for anyone that feels cheated there's not much more to say about the matter.
That’s exactly why I mentionned that I was talking about nobody precisely, I was talking about what I have seen around, not specifically in this thread.
I will post screenshots if I have some free time and find some posts I’m talking about, but some sound like ”don’t buy the synth because it has a bad copy protection”, which is another way of saying it’s not worthy simply because of Codemeter. And just NO.
Everybody is free to choose if they accept this compromise or not.

DJErmac wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:02 pm
I will post screenshots if I have some free time and find some posts I’m talking about, but some sound like ”don’t buy the synth because it has a bad copy protection”
Feel completely free to do so.
Not sure what that will accomplish :)
I doubt you will have much material though. lol

Teksonik wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:51 pm Seriously? I asked them quite awhile back and they told me I couldn't get a refund.
You didn't cry hard enough. Look at the OP as an example of how you have to do it.

To be honest the exchange was quite unpleasant which is why to be honest I'm not sure I believe they issued him a refund.

I just have a hard time believing they are going to start handing out refunds to everyone who purchased before the CP change.

Maybe it was because he never installed or authorized it under the old system.... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

You mean he lied about being refunded? Hmmm...

Well... considering how weird this whole thing is... then even that is possible. ;)

It would be easier to believe that than believe they issued him a refund. Just based on the tone of the exchange after my request. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”