Steven Slate VSX Headphone

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
KVRist
116 posts since 30 Mar, 2020 from Germany

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:16 am

bmanic wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:21 pm
We'll see how durable the much advertised "unbreakable" 23xx series is once they arrive. Probably going to get a pair just for backup as I can not work without these any more.
Any idea when this is going to happen? Is there an official statement about that?

KVRAF
9190 posts since 3 Feb, 2003 from Finland, Espoo

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:19 am

No idea. Considering all the delays so far, I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm probably going to check out the situation end of next summer. So far my two pairs are faultless so I'm not in any trouble at the moment.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

KVRian
911 posts since 21 Nov, 2018

Post Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:22 pm

bmanic wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:21 pm
We'll see how durable the much advertised "unbreakable" 23xx series is once they arrive. Probably going to get a pair just for backup as I can not work without these any more.
I'm still on the fence, I would have bought ages ago if there was stock but it seems the lack of stock is actually good as it means I avoid any potential beta testing of the durability of these cans.

What I'm equally interested in though, is how does the cup material and headband material hold up after a year of 2 abuse, they're usually the first things to go abit minging after months of constant use and not always the easiest to replace. I got some soft cups to replace the breaking apart ones on my M-50's but it completely changed the sound of them although it made them a hell of a lot more comfortable and I can just take them off and wash them once a month. Also stripped back the material that started flaking off the headband too, all the way down to the plastic and metal and now use some seatbelt padding that I can just unwrap the velcro and throw in the wash once a week.

Not sure the VSX will be as upgradeable/moddable as that

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”