Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

All of my v13 Waves plugins do indeed appear to be running natively now. I've been finding the Live 11.1 beta to be the most handy DAW for checking these updates so far.
Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 1.13.57 PM.png
sprnva wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:27 pm Looks like KORG are up next. Got UB2 updates for PolySix and MS-20 via the Software Pass app (versions 2.21). I guess the others will follow soon.
Yeah, it's odd the release notes don't make special mention of it, but I can at least confirm Polysix v2.2.1 as well. WaveStation is still MIA though.
Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 1.29.44 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just realised that the M1 has been... erm... M1-native since August. Seems strange that they're spacing out the updates and then not even announcing the added support.

Also noticed that the LegacyCell update which was released at the same time as the M1 one has a UB2 standalone but the plugins are still Intel-only.
Image Image Image Image

Tronam wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:18 pm All of my v13 Waves plugins do indeed appear to be running natively now. I've been finding the Live 11.1 beta to be the most handy DAW for checking these updates so far.
sprnva wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:27 pm Looks like KORG are up next. Got UB2 updates for PolySix and MS-20 via the Software Pass app (versions 2.21). I guess the others will follow soon.
Yeah, it's odd the release notes don't make special mention of it, but I can at least confirm Polysix v2.2.1 as well. WaveStation is still MIA though.
I'm pleasantly surprised how quickly they actually they managed to re-compile them all. I honestly thought Waves would be the very last to convert in a year or 2's time.
| MacOS Ventura MBP 14 M1 Pro 32GB RAM | PC Win 11 7950x3D 64GB RAM | Ableton | Bigwig| RME Babyface Pro | Yamaha HS8 |

lb24569 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:51 pm
Tronam wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:18 pm All of my v13 Waves plugins do indeed appear to be running natively now. I've been finding the Live 11.1 beta to be the most handy DAW for checking these updates so far.
I'm pleasantly surprised how quickly they actually they managed to re-compile them all. I honestly thought Waves would be the very last to convert in a year or 2's time.
I'm just guessing here, but I think it's because all of Waves plugins utilize the same framework. Aside from their host application software (SuperRack, eMotion LV1, SoundGrid Studio, SoundGrid QRec, SoundGrid Driver), upgrading one singular framework for hundreds of plugins should be easier than having to upgrade hundreds of individually coded plugins. it seems to me they have an easier path to these major upgrades despite the high quantity of plugins.

Ruina
Sinc Vereor
Virt Vereor
All from Noise Engineering
https://noiseengineering.us/products/ruina
All M1 native

I have a feeling that after Monday we will have to stop calling these things "M1 native". "Arm Native" makes more sense.

teilo wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:10 pm I have a feeling that after Monday we will have to stop calling these things "M1 native". "Arm Native" makes more sense.
Arm is more than Apple... so maybe:

AArm

As of Oct 12th, v2.4 of ShaperBox by Cableguys is now Apple silicon native including their just released NoiseShaper plugin (snapin?). That should cover most of their product line save for seemingly abandoned plugins like Kickstart which hasn't seen an update in ages. I don't know if they're still worth listing separately anymore since they're no longer available as standalone plugins, but maybe it's a useful reference for users who don't own the whole bundle.

Cableguys
https://www.cableguys.com/
ShaperBox v2.4
  • TimeShaper 2
  • DriveShaper
  • NoiseShaper
  • FilterShaper Core 2
  • CrushShaper
  • VolumeShaper 6
  • PanShaper 3
  • WidthShaper 2

nightjar wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:15 pm
teilo wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:10 pm I have a feeling that after Monday we will have to stop calling these things "M1 native". "Arm Native" makes more sense.
Arm is more than Apple... so maybe:

AArm
AS native makes the most sense, but it's like Uranus, doomed to 7th grade boy jokes. :hihi:

Oh and AS = Apple Silicon if you were all wondering.

How about ApplSi ?

Eventide Plugins now appear to be native!:
https://www.eventideaudio.com/forums/to ... port-info/

Just tried the VST3 version of Blackhole v3.8.11 in Live 11.1 beta on my M1 and it works just fine.
Last edited by amhawkins on Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wish i hadnt sold micropitch

amhawkins wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:08 pm Eventide Plugins now appear to be native!:
https://www.eventideaudio.com/forums/to ... port-info/

Just tried the VST3 version of Blackhole in Live 11.1 beta on my M1 and it works just fine.
The update post implies all of them, which is good news if true. I can at least personally verify the following Eventide plugins are now Apple Silicon native:

Eventide
https://www.eventideaudio.com/downloads/

Blackhole 3.8.11
Omnipressor 3.9.9
SP2016 Reverb 1.5.9
Last edited by Tronam on Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Instant Phaser Mk11 1.5.9 and Flanger 1.5.9 too. EQuivocate 1.8.2, TriceraChorus 1.09 , H910 Harmoniser 3.9.10 and H3000 3.7.9 all native too.
Last edited by boojiboy on Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”