Echomelt 3 released!

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRian
891 posts since 28 Jul, 2006

Post Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:26 pm

echomelt3_full_border.png
Just saw it in my email. Upgrade price was only 10 bucks for me since I owned version 2. VERY excited to try this out tonight.

For the uninitiated, Echomelt is a multi-effects plugin for "melting" your audio with saturation and VHS-style degradation, delay, EQ, pitch effects, and chorus. It's made for human beings that like cool sounding sounds.

Blurb from website:
  • EQ: A simple, yet versatile, 3-band equalizer with Lowcut switch
  • Saturation: This saturation is full of character with a shaping control for extra crunchy distortion.
  • Melt Flow: A dual modulator for creating Wow and Flutter effects.
  • Melt Dropout: An amplitude modulator for creating audio degradation, stuttering and gating effects.
  • Melt Jump: A unique modulator for creating erratic VHS-style pitch fluctuations in time with host bpm.
  • BPM Melt: Each modulator can sync to tempo and lock to host position.
  • Chorus: Transform the Melt effect into a lush, stereo chorus using a single knob.
  • Echo: A powerful dub delay unit with several cool features.
  • Beat Factor: A crossfade-style slider for beat juggling different delay times.
  • Send control for melting the delay signal.
  • MondoMelt: A big knob for emphasizing multiple aspects of the overall effect.
  • Noise: An output control for emitting tape hiss.
    Sub Presets for each FX section.
  • Randomization controls for each FX section.
  • Custom GUI scaling.
  • Intuitive patch management system.
  • Several presets to get you started.

https://www.psychicmodulation.com/echomelt.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by briefcasemanx on Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

KVRAF
4029 posts since 26 Nov, 2015 from Way Downunder

Post Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:01 pm

Echomelt rules!

KVRist
346 posts since 26 Aug, 2019

Post Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:21 pm

Received email from the mailing list about Echomelt3 but did not receive any special offer, despite having purchased the Complete Bundle directly from PM web store last year. I emailed support, but heads up for anyone else who may be in this boat.

EDIT to add that Jack got back to me with a special offer quickly.
Last edited by kidslow on Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRAF
5214 posts since 15 Dec, 2011 from Bucharest, Romania

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:52 am

No need to demo this one, I know I want it.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:27 am

MogwaiBoy wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:01 pm
Echomelt rules!
It does! I like all of the psychic modulation stuff. Just the sound I'm looking for.

The Echomelt 3 GUI is just gorgeous too. Maybe my favorite plugin GUI. Simple and the colors and font and overall design sense are too notch. I'll update with sound impressions later.
Last edited by briefcasemanx on Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRian
771 posts since 17 May, 2011 from Philadelphia

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:06 am

Great update! Vastly improved preset system and a much cleaner interface and workflow. Love the new randomization controls and tempo sync in the Melt section, along with the Delay send. The Mondo knob is awesome!

Some features of Echomelt2 seem to have been discarded in favor of the improved workflow and interface. The saturation seems a bit less aggressive but with a nice dampening option, and the EQ is fewer bands. I definitely prefer how they have been combined together into a single tone shaping section. I almost missed the secret hidden panel under the EQ with the extra parameters. The Chorus is a lot different now, just a single knob connected to the Flow settings instead of a standalone effect. I can see why PM chose to do that as it keeps the focus on the Melt section where it belongs.

The biggest loss (for me) is the pitch shifting in the delay. I can't really see myself continuing to use Echomelt2 just for that feature though with all the great improvements in 3. All in all an awesome upgrade at an awesome price. Thank you PM!

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:44 pm

Yeah the new saturation sounds different. I don't think it sounds better or worse, it would depend on the situation. The new saturation is more versatile and seems to give off more distorted high frequency content when pushed. Of course there's the damper, but I haven't been able to get the saturation to sound exactly the same using the damper. The old on it seems like the lows distort more and you get a little more of that "palm mutes through a high gain Mesa boogie dual rectifier" type distorty sound. On the sound I'm using it on right now, I like the new saturation better, but I could see myself liking the old saturation on some sounds too. edit: I wasn't engaging the mondo knob. With the mondo knob I think the new saturation algo is even more versatile than I originally thought cause you can just brutally destroy things, lol. If anyone thinks it's less aggressive, try turning up mondo.

The layout is significantly better in the new plugin, I think. I'm really enjoying the workflow on first impression. Now to spend more time messing with the chorus and delay...

KVRian
1001 posts since 30 Jun, 2014 from Pacific NW

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:59 am

How do you like this vs Vectomelt?

KVRAF
2546 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Post Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:17 pm

evo2slo wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:06 am
Great update! Vastly improved preset system and a much cleaner interface and workflow. Love the new randomization controls and tempo sync in the Melt section, along with the Delay send. The Mondo knob is awesome!

Some features of Echomelt2 seem to have been discarded in favor of the improved workflow and interface. The saturation seems a bit less aggressive but with a nice dampening option, and the EQ is fewer bands. I definitely prefer how they have been combined together into a single tone shaping section. I almost missed the secret hidden panel under the EQ with the extra parameters. The Chorus is a lot different now, just a single knob connected to the Flow settings instead of a standalone effect. I can see why PM chose to do that as it keeps the focus on the Melt section where it belongs.

The biggest loss (for me) is the pitch shifting in the delay. I can't really see myself continuing to use Echomelt2 just for that feature though with all the great improvements in 3. All in all an awesome upgrade at an awesome price. Thank you PM!
Can't you keep 2, if you upgrade? Then you have both. ?

KVRian
771 posts since 17 May, 2011 from Philadelphia

Post Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:43 pm

Spring Goose wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:17 pm
Can't you keep 2, if you upgrade? Then you have both. ?
True, but I like to keep things as uncluttered as possible with my fx choices. I'm moving on to Echomelt3 for the much improved workflow and new features. I'll continue using Vectomelt though as it has all the features I might miss from Echomelt2, like pitch shifting, plus the great rotary style flex modulations.

Echomelt3 for quick manipulation, though it is possible to go pretty deep with it, and Vectomelt for more detailed tweaking... I tend to lose track of time whenever I start vectomelting.

KVRAF
5214 posts since 15 Dec, 2011 from Bucharest, Romania

Post Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:16 am

vitocorleone123 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:59 am
How do you like this vs Vectomelt?
I personally like it more as it sounds grittier when pushed and it's way more immediate in operation. VectoMelt sounds more polished. One has to own both anyway.

KVRian
1497 posts since 24 Apr, 2002 from New Orleans, LA

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:33 am

briefcasemanx wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:44 pm
Yeah the new saturation sounds different. I don't think it sounds better or worse, it would depend on the situation. The new saturation is more versatile and seems to give off more distorted high frequency content when pushed. Of course there's the damper, but I haven't been able to get the saturation to sound exactly the same using the damper. The old on it seems like the lows distort more and you get a little more of that "palm mutes through a high gain Mesa boogie dual rectifier" type distorty sound. On the sound I'm using it on right now, I like the new saturation better, but I could see myself liking the old saturation on some sounds too. edit: I wasn't engaging the mondo knob. With the mondo knob I think the new saturation algo is even more versatile than I originally thought cause you can just brutally destroy things, lol. If anyone thinks it's less aggressive, try turning up mondo.

The layout is significantly better in the new plugin, I think. I'm really enjoying the workflow on first impression. Now to spend more time messing with the chorus and delay...
What's happening with the Saturation, is that it reduces loudness as the level is increased. This creates a more pleasant sound, as the harmonic aspect can be driven a lot more, without driving up the volume of the signal.

And yes, the Mondo knob will give you even wilder distortion. Here's how it works:
Mondo intensifies the Saturation, Shape, Melt and Noise based on their levels. If those levels are subtle, Mondo has the subtle effect of giving it all a little boost. If those levels are extreme, Mondo responds with some crazy results!

Mondo also has an effect on the Damper, reducing the frequency as it is increased. This will be more noticeable if the Damper is already at a lower frequency, and less noticeable if the Damper is sitting at the higher end.

Also, watch the Noise level, because Mondo will increase it substantially, as it is multiplying it's level setting. If Noise is at it's lowest setting, Mondo will not affect it.

KVRAF
6752 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:35 am

kewl
EnergyXT3 - Reaper | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

KVRer
29 posts since 24 Nov, 2017

Post Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:27 pm

Great stuff :clap:

Return to “Effects”