RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Hi. Thanks for v4.3.0b8, nice work!

One issue I observe:

The 'Piano Run Generator' hits a hard stop at the right side when i try to extend it past 3 measures.

Also, the 'Piano Chord Pattern Generator' does not seem to be observing the 'Regenerate All Selected Phrases At The End Of The Loop' setting. (User error?)

It occurs to me that generators in general might benefit from a "Sparseness" knob.

Set to 0, all would be as now. As the Sparseness was dialed up to higher percentages then more and more notes that would otherwise be generated would be omitted instead.

I am observing that when I open a Composition with a muted track the Volume of which has also been turned down then merely unmuting the track plays it at a high Volume. If I then move the Volume slider, the volume "catches" to where I set it.

Having the track play at the set/saved Volume immediately upon unmuting is desirable.

Playing around with the Bass Generator Presets while looping and regenerating caused a crash.

RC - Bass Generator Presets 01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I would also be interested to know how I can confine the Bass Generator to a note range (e.g. a single octave, or maybe a tenth). Thanks!

Hi Attila,

Is this some think you can do?

hey Atilla.. just curious, what reference did you use to create the scales in RC?

As an example, the blues scale, you have several flavors I am not familiar with. What is a Blues M3, etc.?

side affect of the using the new "save last rules edited on startup" is, when you click new composition, it does not clear the rules editor..

REVISED POST:

In fact, the chord rules editor lacks any way to clear that page. You can create a new set of rules and then turn around and delete them, but, that isn't an ideal way.

I think that chord rules play such an important part of RC, stuff like this needs to fixed. I would also suggest making any default system installed rules, read only. Accidents happen, and that is one waiting to happen.. (force the user to work with copies)

Also, on the subject of rules.. In this screen shot, you have the ability to change the rules in the chord selector. The problem is, it implies that the selector's chords are based on rules, when, they are actually based on the selected scale. The only place that this is used, and it is convenient in a way, is for the random progression generation in the progression tab.

Meaning, I can change the chord population just by changing the scale. If you change the rules, nothing happens.

Maybe remove that completely, or, add a drop down style button to the lightning bolt button..

Removing it completely would be kind of an issue, because, the user would have to leave the selector and change it in the master track and then re-open the chord selector.

But, an argument could be made that, changing the rules there, that is not meant for the scale/mode, wouldn't be wise, musically..

Maybe others could give feed back on this..

You can use your middle mouse over the scale to change it..

yea, after further review, never mind.. lol... one very important thing I forget when I was looking at the above, parts and lines can change..

Hi Attila

maybe it is easy to add a generator setting for this ?. it is german video, but you can see what the thumbs do. sound really nice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkyXOGwnuQs at 4 min 40 you can hear him play. on 6 min 20 he play more complex rythms this way

Edit: to explain more. there is a chord play then the chord is released and the root note is play short but not so loud. then the chord is play again. same can do with left and right hand on chords. it give intresting sequences and come often in pop music
Last edited by magicmusic on Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

musicdevelopments wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:34 ammusicdevelopments
RapidComposer v4.3.0b8 is available!

Improvements:
  • Piano Chord Pattern Generator: mute buttons added to the left and right hand patterns
  • Piano Chord Pattern Generator: randomization respects the mute buttons for the left and right hand patterns
  • Holding down Alt during dragging chords on the master track will swap the chords
  • New chord detection option in MIDI Import: 'Allow 5th chords'
Thank you Attila ! :pray:

Not letting me download beta. Keep getting block by google.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”