RAPID Synthesizer | 1.8.5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Progressive House RAPID Synthesizer

I haven’t bought any expansions (expensive and mediocre). But the good thing is that Rapid is very easy to program. No need for expansions!

kiezum wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:58 am I haven’t bought any expansions (expensive and mediocre). But the good thing is that Rapid is very easy to program. No need for expansions!
maybe it s not your kind / taste like me (never bought a preset pack as i like to use my own sounds ) but these are not mediocre.. their preset designer is really good in the style he does and part of the success of rapid.

Rapid is the best VST synth that I've used. For me, it has an excellent workflow and interface. Creating sounds is intuitive and fast. The sound quality is superb and CPU usage very low - indeed, Rapid is very efficient.

It is also very feature rich and powerful - including a range of excellent FX (that can be used as an FX plugin for other synths). The updates over the last few years have been great and continue to further improve Rapid.

The not for resale isn't an issue for me as it is one of the few VSTs that I wouldn't consider reselling. There is also a demo version to fully test before you buy.

For reference, I use (or have used): Falcon 2.5, Omnisphere, Dune 3 + other Synapse, all U-he synths, Synthmaster, Melda + more. Some of these are also excellent but overall I find Rapid to be the best all-round synth that I've used.

I hope this genuine & non-biased opinion helps someone who is looking for a good all-round synth.

CHEERS

i think pigments is better than rapid because of the better routing function
and they have real fm not phase

but its in my top 5

kiezum wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:58 am I haven’t bought any expansions (expensive and mediocre). But the good thing is that Rapid is very easy to program. No need for expansions!
Unless you want additional sample content to use in your own patches. :wink:
D.K Envelope wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:01 pm i think pigments is better than rapid because of the better routing function
Pig.ments is a toy compared to Rapid but then they are such different synths that comparisons don't really make sense.
Last edited by Teksonik on Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Damit I keep hitting quote instead of edit...... :x

Ok it takes RAPID Synthesizer to autolink...
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:05 pm Damit I keep hitting quote instead of edit...... :x

Ok it takes RAPID Synthesizer to autolink...
Glad I'm not the only one doing that around here :D
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

:lol: I'm blaming it on senility.

Teksonik wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:03 pm
Unless you want additional sample content to use in your own patches. :wink:
D.K Envelope wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:01 pm i think pigments is better than rapid because of the better routing function
Pig.ments is a toy compared to Rapid but then they are such different synths that comparisons don't really make sense.
i dont think you know pigments very well
a toy are you joking ? :phones:
of course you can make a comparison and it make sense

very interesting features that dont rapid have

i like the new effects from rapid

but soundwise pigments sounds very good
i like the filters and its souns unique###

but at least it makes me smile :tu:

D.K Envelope wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:57 pm i dont think you know pigments very well
Obviously I know Pigments far better than you do. :wink:

I own both Pigments 3 and RAPID Synthesizer and like them both for different reasons. I've done quite a few patches for each of them.

Yes if you compare the feature sets Pig.ments is a toy. I'm not saying Pig.ments sounds bad at all it's a very nice synth but it simply can't compete with Rapid's full feature set.

If I had to choose I'd pick RAPID Synthesizer. If I had to sell one it would be Pigments.

Compare feature sets? How about you compare their granular engines? Rapid does not do everything better than Pigments, which is not at all a toy (WTF?). When you exaggerate like that, it's hard to listen. Anyhow, I like them both.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Teksonik wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:14 pm
D.K Envelope wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:57 pm i dont think you know pigments very well
Obviously I know Pigments far better than you do. :wink:

I own both Pigments 3 and RAPID Synthesizer and like them both for different reasons. I've done quite a few patches for each of them.

Yes if you compare the feature sets Pig.ments is a toy. I'm not saying Pig.ments sounds bad at all it's a very nice synth but it simply can't compete with Rapid's full feature set.

If I had to choose I'd pick RAPID Synthesizer. If I had to sell one it would be Pigments.
i cant understand your point
to call pigments a toy is wierd

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:20 pm Compare feature sets? How about you compare their granular engines? Rapid does not do everything better than Pigments, which is not at all a toy (WTF?). When you exaggerate like that, it's hard to listen. Anyhow, I like them both.
You're missing the key words in comparison. A toy in comparison to Rapid. :wink:

Take a look at the features sets of both synths.

I did not say Rapid does everything better but it can do more.

Anyway we're just exchanging opinions here. You are under no obligation to listen at all.

Teksonik wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:31 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:20 pm Compare feature sets? How about you compare their granular engines? Rapid does not do everything better than Pigments, which is not at all a toy (WTF?). When you exaggerate like that, it's hard to listen. Anyhow, I like them both.
You're missing the key words in comparison. A toy in comparison to Rapid. :wink:

Take a look at the features sets of both synths.

I did not say Rapid does everything better but it can do more.

Anyway we're just exchanging opinions here. You are under no obligation to listen at all.

you just have no idea
its not taste when you talk about features

pigments have fm and pm, better arpeggiator and sequnecers
and additive synthesis

rapid just have pm and other great features like
organic drift

you dont know what you are talking
think before you speak

RTFM

That escalated quickly. Everyone has their own taste, be nice to each other :)
HcDoom wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:39 pm Sounds great, very tight and clean sound.

Are MSEGs far away or we can expect them soon-ish? :)
Not very soon. But they will definitely come. Same as for Granular. Took a while, but when it's done, you'll love it :)

---

Also, please don't forget that our extensions contain unique and hand crafted wavetables, multi-samples and drums. You get a whole genre package that is very versatile. Now imagine you'll have to produce it for yourself, give yourself a decent hourly wage and look at it as: Spend money, save time. But of course it's your decision. If you like to spend time crafting presets on your own, I wish you much fun. Btw, if you do - Consider releasing your sound sets for Rapid hehe ;)

Return to “Instruments”