What would you want in Serum 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A HUGE X in the name, so not Serum 2 rather Serum X : )

That would be a massive rip off.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

chk071 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:06 pm
kobal wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:26 pm price is not a problem it s well worth the price and if you count all the update for free, it s kinda not super expensive synth.. lot of companies would charge for these updates
Like?
lot of the big ones who don t care about adding resquested feature till a v2.. i dont even ask them for features anymore, it s pointless .
Last edited by kobal on Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You will laugh. I read a lot of times here that Steve doesn't update Serum with "much requested features". Whatever "much requested features" are. Probably the features the guy who says that wants the most.

chk071 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:15 pm You will laugh. I read a lot of times here that Steve doesn't update Serum with "much requested features". Whatever "much requested features" are. Probably the features the guy who says that wants the most.
ahh maybe i have no idea but he added many feature for free, only others i know like that are maybe tal and parawave and i must forget some.

it s funny cause serum and rapid are nfr but these are synth i will never want to resell, they added so many things thse are already really mature plugins and it s not over, it feel better when a companie concentrate on just one or few plugins and make them better than a whole lot . for me serum could be left like that.. and he could make a other synths.. there is always things that can be better but it s feel already mature work.. not half baked and sold then updated 2 years later to milk the cow with a V2

kobal wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:39 am some different mode on the osc sound ,kinda like waldorf M, a other filter parrallel /serial switch ,more filters type with some with fm , maybe granular.
The quantize will let you lower the bit depth of the wavetables. Do you mean something else?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Teksonik wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:14 pm
kobal wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:26 pm price is not a problem
It is for me. Price is why I've never purchased Serum. Maybe it's because I've got a folder full of other synths and Serum is only a 2 Osc synth. :shrug:
Technically true, but you can use the noise generator as a third sample based oscillator.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:10 pm
It is for me. Price is why I've never purchased Serum. Maybe it's because I've got a folder full of other synths and Serum is only a 2 Osc synth. :shrug:
Technically true, but you can use the noise generator as a third sample based oscillator.
Well that still leaves it one Osc short of Vital....... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

What ever Joel wants?
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

Now that I did some comparison... Massive X, Pigments, Rapid and Vital all have very similiar feature set and GUI. This direction and standard was set by Serum, but now everyone has matched or exceeded it and Serum needs to catch up.

It still has oustanding wavetable warp / edit / import tools, but otherwise could get some polish here and there.

Sure one could add fully-fledged FM, sample or granular playback to it, but then it will end up as something entirely different and not neccessarily better. Too many disjointed features might drown it.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:07 pm
kobal wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:39 am some different mode on the osc sound ,kinda like waldorf M, a other filter parrallel /serial switch ,more filters type with some with fm , maybe granular.
The quantize will let you lower the bit depth of the wavetables. Do you mean something else?
yes different mode that are more evolved than just bit and sample rate depth ,this as you mention we can do ourself but not sure it s a good features idea.
Last edited by kobal on Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yes with vital i can undertand that and for today the price might be expensive indeed.. i was thinking cause it s many years i use it so it was well worht the price with all the added features and overall good experience of using it

Massive X is still alien to me. Feels completely unnatural to program that synth. Always did love Serum's workflow though.

Price is what stop me to buy it then and now - my entire A-Team of fav vst synths cost less :)
Like it,it's comfy quality synth,but not enough to spend so much money for it.
if Serum II add functionality users want may consider adding it to the arsenal.
Cheers :)

Dunno why people complain about the price :P
Got the vst since some years now. I guess vital changed the perspective and people expect all synths on par with vital to be free or less costing... the market changes i guess so xfer seems to release serum 2 to make it again interesting for people ;).

I recently downloaded vital and it is crazy what gets released as freeware nowadays! Really impressive!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”