is VST3 version planned or available?

Official support for: accsone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Studio One does not support sending midi to VST2's such as crusher-X and probably never will. Is there any chance crusher-X will go VST3?

Not yet available but on the backlog. We're on it!

Best
accSone

freq wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:37 pm Not yet available but on the backlog. We're on it!

Best
accSone
thanks, that is great news for Studio One users like me who see crusher-X as a main sound source

fairlyclose wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:13 pm Studio One does not support sending midi to VST2's such as crusher-X and probably never will. Is there any chance crusher-X will go VST3?
@fairlyclose Hm not sure what you meant, simple create new instrument track, and select CX in "Instrument Output" . It's that what need ?
Studio one 4 here.

And about viewtopic.php?f=57&t=563978
Actually S1 does support sidechain for vst2, but it's not require for using Crusher-x anyway.
Last edited by c_voltage on Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

c_voltage wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:38 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:13 pm Studio One does not support sending midi to VST2's such as crusher-X and probably never will. Is there any chance crusher-X will go VST3?
@fairlyclose Hm not sure what you meant, simple create new instrument track, and select CX in "Instrument Output" . It's that what need ?
Studio one 4 here.
Thanks but did not work on S1 v5 for me for whatever the use case was which I cant remember now. Some sort of sidechain control thing for the DCO I think. I'll try again though, maybe I was just in some sort of mental block loop

@fairlyclose ok. I do not have S1 v5 though yet, but i'm sure that this is works in the same manner as in 4.
After assign CX at instrument track (besides your first track where CX exists as effect) you will be able freely to play midi notes thru cx.

c_voltage wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:58 pm @fairlyclose ok. I do not have S1 v5 though yet, but i'm sure that this is works in the same manner as in 4.
After assign CX at instrument track (besides your first track where CX exists as effect) you will be able freely to play midi notes thru cx.
have gone back and I dont think that works in V5 - S1 will not send midi to effects and crusher-X only shows as an effect.
I did not know that worked before, but it does not now. Here is a link on the presonus forum where someone points to similar problem with a vocoder https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.p ... +x#p262609

@c_voltage - tried again and just does not work in S1 v5. Easy to get working in Reaper and Bitwig, not working in S1. Maybe they discontinued support of that function for vst2 in v5 but is not working or at least not working in any obvious manner.

I am using Riffer as the instrument generating midi - maybe it is that

@fairlyclose
Hmm sounds strange. Maybe there is such a simple thing is broke after some S1v5 update (this sometimes happens with presonus).

Usually, situation about ability to send midi to effect plugin in S1 is such, that if fx plugin is supports midi input, then in newly created instrument track (in his dropdown list of "Instrument Output") you should able to see your effect (Regardless at what track he exists. He simple should exists in project).

But, actually I remember that there were rare case when effect that midi supports did not appear in the list of the instrument track. But I saw this once, I don't remember with which plugin. But it was a bug (i'm not sure - from plug or daw side)

But again - what regards specified topic at presonus - sidechain (which mentioned there) has nothing to do with midi-to-effect topic absolutely (as well as the vst2-vst3 question).

Waut i'll drop short video how it does in v4

Thanks @c_voltage. That works great for a midi file but not for Riffer or the HY sequencers. Clearly some sort of bug or limitation. Thanks for helping me pin the problem down further.

fairlyclose wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:56 pm Thanks @c_voltage. That works great for a midi file but not for Riffer or the HY sequencers. Clearly some sort of bug or limitation. Thanks for helping me pin the problem down further.
But it works fine with vst midi sequencers too, just a bit more actions - add midi source in "Instrument input" dropdown list (in your instr. track resp)
Here example with Sugar Bytes Thesys sequencer: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2bp5vwbq ... 4.mp4/file
I do not have Riff seq and HY plugs, but it the same principle.

c_voltage wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:47 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:56 pm Thanks @c_voltage. That works great for a midi file but not for Riffer or the HY sequencers. Clearly some sort of bug or limitation. Thanks for helping me pin the problem down further.
But it works fine with vst midi sequencers too, just a bit more actions - add midi source in "Instrument input" dropdown list (in your instr. track resp)
Here example with Sugar Bytes Thesys sequencer: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2bp5vwbq ... 4.mp4/file
I do not have Riff seq and HY plugs, but it the same principle.
Amazing! Thanks so much for your kindness in helping me. Iwould never have guessed an intervening track would fix the problem. Huge help, very much appreciated

@fairlyclose glad that it helped (and one request less for Freq hehe, well, it's better if he spend time on something really interesting in CX).

Done: crusher-X 9 comes with a VST3 flavor!
https://www.accsone.com/crusherx/newin9
Enjoy
accSone

Return to “accSone”