RAPID Synthesizer | 1.8.5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Progressive House RAPID Synthesizer

I love the step sequencer in Rapid--much fun.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:49 pm I love the step sequencer in Rapid--much fun.
yeah it is a great synth
i found the organic drift and then new chorus x very good

i use both pigments and rapid
and enjoy it
especially pigments darker unique sounds
and like rapid more edm oriented sounds

but call one of these a toy , is very strange

D.K Envelope wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:43 pm you just have no idea
Oh I have an idea you're just not getting it........ :wink:
D.K Envelope wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:43 pmrapid just have pm and other great features like organic drift
And full multi sample import and 27 Oscillator Insert Effects and 18 more Oscillators (16 if you count Pig.ments Noise Oscs) and 15 more filter options and 7 more Arps and 21 more Sequencers and 7 more layers with Split/Layer and....do I need to go on?
D.K Envelope wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:43 pmyou dont know what you are talking think before you speak RTFM
I know what I'm talking about but I can't make you understand. So yea RTFM and as I said before look at the feature lists.

It's obvious we both like both synths and we each have different priorities when it comes to features in a synth. Taste is one thing but my point about Rapid having more features is not based on taste it's based on facts and the experience of actually using both synths. :wink:

Anyway they're both great synths but this is the RAPID Synthesizer thread so...... :shrug:
Last edited by Teksonik on Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

parawave wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:45 pm Also, please don't forget that our extensions contain unique and hand crafted wavetables, multi-samples and drums.
This is the power of the expansions to me. To gain access to more WTs and Multi-samples to use when creating our own patches.

I haven't purchased any expansions yet but some are definitely on my "to buy" list. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

parawave wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:45 pm Also, please don't forget that our extensions contain unique and hand crafted wavetables, multi-samples and drums. You get a whole genre package that is very versatile. Now imagine you'll have to produce it for yourself, give yourself a decent hourly wage and look at it as: Spend money, save time. But of course it's your decision. If you like to spend time crafting presets on your own, I wish you much fun. Btw, if you do - Consider releasing your sound sets for Rapid hehe ;)
These expansions are very nice. The included samples are quality, I've used the drums on a few of my projects.

parawave wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:45 pm Also, please don't forget that our extensions contain unique and hand crafted wavetables, multi-samples and drums. You get a whole genre package that is very versatile.
The quality of your extensions is indisputable, but they're mostly in, to my house music-untrained ears, rather similar styles, while Rapid can do so much more.

Any chance you'll do "classic 80s", "industrial electro", "90s EBM", "digital shimmer/ppg-style synths", "ambient atmospheres" or "arps and sequences"?

Or maybe hire super talented people like Empty Vessel or Sound Author for creating xts?

It is actually too basic a synth for proper sound design for me unfortunately, I wish I could sell it.. only one modulation per oscillator, no cross modulation between layers, weak sounding PM, no sample gain so you end up with weirdly mismatched volumes or again weak PM and the fx are just pretty decent to me. For all its faults if you can get into it then Avenger is a much better synth I think, can sound a bit generic but just takes a long time to explore and master, then you can do almost anything with it.

cendrars wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:32 pm It is actually too basic a synth for proper sound design for me unfortunately, I wish I could sell it.. only one modulation per oscillator, no cross modulation between layers, weak sounding PM, no sample gain so you end up with weirdly mismatched volumes or again weak PM and the fx are just pretty decent to me. For all its faults if you can get into it then Avenger is a much better synth I think, can sound a bit generic but just takes a long time to explore and master, then you can do almost anything with it.
Created account just to throw garbage on Rapid? (2nd post and account created today) LOL!!! Very fishy…

cendrars wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:32 pm It is actually too basic a synth for proper sound design for me unfortunately, I wish I could sell it.. only one modulation per oscillator, no cross modulation between layers, weak sounding PM, no sample gain so you end up with weirdly mismatched volumes or again weak PM and the fx are just pretty decent to me. For all its faults if you can get into it then Avenger is a much better synth I think, can sound a bit generic but just takes a long time to explore and master, then you can do almost anything with it.
Edit for correction.

I find Rapid a very capable tool for proper sound design and have enjoyed making quite a few patches for it. But we all make different sounds so we have different needs. I could do hundreds of patches without ever getting near Phase Modulation and so on....
Last edited by Teksonik on Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Does multi samples include sfz format?
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Teksonik wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:43 am
Seems like you're arguing against yourself there. :?

Too basic....but you can do almost anything with it. :shrug:

I find Rapid a very capable tool for proper sound design and have enjoyed making quite a few patches for it. But we all make different sounds so we have different needs. I could do hundreds of patches without ever getting near Phase Modulation and so on....
If you reread his post, you'll see that he is referencing VPS Avenger when he says "You can do almost anything with it".

cendrars wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:32 pm For all its faults if you can get into it then Avenger is a much better synth I think, can sound a bit generic but just takes a long time to explore and master, then you can do almost anything with it.
Yeah, if you don't care about copy protection needing you to re-login every 2-3 months and other nagging things.
Also Avenger has "a lot" of bugs. I experienced some but they were not fixed at least for 6+ months (I contacted the developer immediately after discovering), then I stopped following. (In my case it was a clicking sound on step sequencer usage)

In comparison in Rapid I have never experienced such a bug. Also the developer listens and tries to improve things. The Avenger Dev/sound guy is a bit too distanced from the crowd IMO, they seem to not care so much how the customers are suffering from the new copy protection (and in my case sound affecting bugs).

rapid has a very fast workflow
but i miss some features

Avenger has the nice fft
where you can filter the harmonics for waveforms i dont see it by other synths
and the filter has keytracking with curves , thats really great
and of course the pitch curve is nice too

Btw... is there any chance to have a fix for the delayed GUI show up and delayed tab change anytime soon...?

I constantly have to delete my settings.xml every other day to keep Rapid working like normal...

Jkist wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:05 am If you reread his post, you'll see that he is referencing VPS Avenger when he says "You can do almost anything with it".
You're right I missed that, must have read right past it. I just assumed he was referring to Rapid.

Anyway I own Avenger as well but the drama around it causes me not to use it while I do use Rapid quite frequently.

Return to “Instruments”