RAPID Synthesizer | 1.8.5 | Black Friday Sale 2021 started

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
KVRAF
16418 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:55 am

melomood wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:04 pm
Does multi samples include sfz format?
I don't see any reference to the .sfz format but you can import your own samples. You can read about importing user multi-samples starting on page 54 of the manual. Seems like a pretty comprehensive tool:

https://parawave-audio.com/public-downl ... Manual.pdf

I haven't tried it yet but I've got a bunch of samples made for Zampler that I might try importing. The only difference will be the .sfz file itself (unless I'm wrong about .sfz file import in Rapid).

The factory samples are in a proprietary .pws format
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

User avatar
KVRAF
5250 posts since 15 Oct, 2017 from U.S.

Post Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:34 am

Thanks for the info
Living rent free

User avatar
KVRist
267 posts since 21 Jul, 2020

Post Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:15 am

I love Rapid so much, but since release there is this issue where notes will "stick" for me. They stay held down forever until I hit that note again. I've reached out to support multiple times and never got any help. Its not my system because it does it even when Rapid is the only thing open in my DAW, and besides my PC is a monster. Super super frustrating.

KVRAF
3989 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:27 pm

Trying and testing the demo. Fantastic sample mangler!

Now, wondering... I can't figure how to set loop points in the sample visualisation window, so I can only play some part of the sample and not the whole thing. Any cue or idea how to achieve this?

Thanks!
__________________________________________________
http://redfog-drone.bandcamp.com
http://soundcloud.com/sleeping-on-lotus-ashes
__________________________________________________

KVRAF
2420 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:53 pm

Neon Breath wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:27 pm
Trying and testing the demo. Fantastic sample mangler!

Now, wondering... I can't figure how to set loop points in the sample visualisation window, so I can only play some part of the sample and not the whole thing. Any cue or idea how to achieve this?

Thanks!
https://parawave-audio.com/public-downl ... Manual.pdf


The oscillators have a variety of parameters used to control their functionality. To enable or
disable an oscillator, simply toggle the LED light in the top row of its interface on or off.
Depending on whether a wavetable or multi-sample is selected, the oscillator controls have
different uses.

MORPH
When using a wavetable, morphing changes the wavetable index position and smoothly blends
between the adjacent waveforms. Clicking in the center of the display cycles the view mode of
the wavetable between a 2D and 3D representation.

DELAY
When using a multi-sample, delay changes the start time of the sample from anywhere
between instant up to 500 milliseconds. This delay can be used to create interesting phase
cancellation effects, or to avoid producing these when multiple oscillators are playing the same
multi-sample source.

PHASE
For wavetables, the phase parameter sets the starting point of the first wave cycle in degrees.
A complete cycle is 360 degrees. A half cycle is 180 degrees. A quarter cycle is 90 degree, and
so on. This effect can be clearly seen when using the 2D wavetable view!
For multi-samples, the phase parameter determines the start point within the sample. For e.g.
you could increase the phase parameter to skip the attack section of a sample. This can be
combined with the Delay paremeter to create interesting new variations on existing samples.

RAPID SYNTHESIZER - Components Oscillator
RANDOM

This introduces a randomization of the phase paremeter on every keypress. The higher this
value is, the greater the range of phase variations
THE INTRANCER - KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source A Styler Site | Program Resource | Music Gallery | Art | GUI Design | Films | Music Legend Docs | 80's Kids Shows | Games | DAW Tutorials | Soundcloud 28 | Soundclick 16

KVRAF
3989 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:10 pm

THE INTRANCER wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:53 pm
Neon Breath wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:27 pm
Trying and testing the demo. Fantastic sample mangler!

Now, wondering... I can't figure how to set loop points in the sample visualisation window, so I can only play some part of the sample and not the whole thing. Any cue or idea how to achieve this?

Thanks!
https://parawave-audio.com/public-downl ... Manual.pdf


The oscillators have a variety of parameters used to control their functionality. To enable or
disable an oscillator, simply toggle the LED light in the top row of its interface on or off.
Depending on whether a wavetable or multi-sample is selected, the oscillator controls have
different uses.

MORPH
When using a wavetable, morphing changes the wavetable index position and smoothly blends
between the adjacent waveforms. Clicking in the center of the display cycles the view mode of
the wavetable between a 2D and 3D representation.

DELAY
When using a multi-sample, delay changes the start time of the sample from anywhere
between instant up to 500 milliseconds. This delay can be used to create interesting phase
cancellation effects, or to avoid producing these when multiple oscillators are playing the same
multi-sample source.

PHASE
For wavetables, the phase parameter sets the starting point of the first wave cycle in degrees.
A complete cycle is 360 degrees. A half cycle is 180 degrees. A quarter cycle is 90 degree, and
so on. This effect can be clearly seen when using the 2D wavetable view!
For multi-samples, the phase parameter determines the start point within the sample. For e.g.
you could increase the phase parameter to skip the attack section of a sample. This can be
combined with the Delay paremeter to create interesting new variations on existing samples.

RAPID SYNTHESIZER - Components Oscillator
RANDOM

This introduces a randomization of the phase paremeter on every keypress. The higher this
value is, the greater the range of phase variations
I don't understand. Where is the part in that on how to set a loop the sample window? Yes the phase to set the start point, but that doesn't help me on how to set loop points in a certain part of a sample, to play in loop let's say only the 2/4 of a sample.
Last edited by Neon Breath on Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
__________________________________________________
http://redfog-drone.bandcamp.com
http://soundcloud.com/sleeping-on-lotus-ashes
__________________________________________________

KVRAF
3989 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:11 pm

Double too-fast-click- Post, sorry.
__________________________________________________
http://redfog-drone.bandcamp.com
http://soundcloud.com/sleeping-on-lotus-ashes
__________________________________________________

KVRAF
2420 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:03 pm

Neon Breath wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:10 pm

I don't understand. Where is the part in that on how to set a loop the sample window? Yes the phase to set the start point, but that doesn't help me on how to set loop points in a certain part of a sample, to play in loop let's say only the 2/4 of a sample.
You can't, it doesn't work like that in conventional way, otherwise there would be parameters stating loop point or something like that. You would be better off using a proper sampler / sample player for that... Rapid does things differently, you could bounce to audio.
THE INTRANCER - KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source A Styler Site | Program Resource | Music Gallery | Art | GUI Design | Films | Music Legend Docs | 80's Kids Shows | Games | DAW Tutorials | Soundcloud 28 | Soundclick 16

KVRAF
3989 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:13 pm

Ok got it. Not a big deal. And still, I am mind blowned by Rapid!
__________________________________________________
http://redfog-drone.bandcamp.com
http://soundcloud.com/sleeping-on-lotus-ashes
__________________________________________________

KVRer
11 posts since 16 Oct, 2021

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:09 pm

Neon Breath wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:13 pm
Ok got it. Not a big deal. And still, I am mind blowned by Rapid!
I can't think of anything Rapid can do that I would describe as even close to being mind-blowing? Please enlighten us poor souls who don't use it but can't sell the thing..

KVRAF
3989 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:18 pm

cendrars wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:09 pm
Neon Breath wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:13 pm
Ok got it. Not a big deal. And still, I am mind blowned by Rapid!
I can't think of anything Rapid can do that I would describe as even close to being mind-blowing? Please enlighten us poor souls who don't use it but can't sell the thing..
Sure. Let me enlighten you with my Rapid experience so far since a week of demoing:

-Easiness & quickness of programming. I never achieved sounds and results so easily and as fast as Rapid so far.
-Overall sound quality.
-Onboard FX. Top notch. The reverb is pure velvet.
-Resynthesis. Very unique, never found anything like that elsewhere.
-8 layers with 3 oscillators each & 32 modulation sources each. That's Godzilla. Name me one synth that has that. (although its totally overkill I admit, but still...)
-Granular synthesis is very well implemented and sounds gorgeous.
-Super easy on the CPU.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one here who noticed those points. You can (of course) disagree with me but that'll show us at the same time how ignorant you are about that very special synth.
Last edited by Neon Breath on Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
__________________________________________________
http://redfog-drone.bandcamp.com
http://soundcloud.com/sleeping-on-lotus-ashes
__________________________________________________

KVRAF
8237 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:20 pm

cendrars wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:09 pm
Neon Breath wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:13 pm
Ok got it. Not a big deal. And still, I am mind blowned by Rapid!
I can't think of anything Rapid can do that I would describe as even close to being mind-blowing? Please enlighten us poor souls who don't use it but can't sell the thing..
Maybe ask your self why you bought it after demoing it? What did it do that persuaded you to buy it…it still does it and probably more after the updates.
PC + S49 MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live (+PUSH2), FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths (Summit, Hydrasynth, DM12, P8), A4 + RYTM, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals

KVRAF
2420 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:45 pm

In the past 24 hours I've had to twice register the factory soundbank online to get the synth to work properly. Is there a reactive time period for Rapid where you need to re-activate after a period of time or is this caused by Windows updates ?
THE INTRANCER - KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source A Styler Site | Program Resource | Music Gallery | Art | GUI Design | Films | Music Legend Docs | 80's Kids Shows | Games | DAW Tutorials | Soundcloud 28 | Soundclick 16

KVRian
1428 posts since 18 Feb, 2012

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:53 pm

THE INTRANCER wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:45 pm
In the past 24 hours I've had to twice register the factory soundbank online to get the synth to work properly. Is there a reactive time period for Rapid where you need to re-activate after a period of time or is this caused by Windows updates ?
Most probably Win updates. But this never happened on my system, everything works fine.

User avatar
KVRian
1268 posts since 16 Jan, 2004

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:24 am

This happened to me on both of my machines, once on one, twice on another. I wish this would get fixed/resolved. I have ceased using Rapid because of this, as I won't use plugins that potentially deactivate themselves.

Return to “Instruments”