Best hardware/software for managing setlists and program changes

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
KVRist
116 posts since 9 Mar, 2012

Post Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:30 pm

I'm looking for the best solution for live acts (changing sounds/lyrics on the fly). I'm playing in several bands, and we change repertoire quite a lot. As for now, I'm using hardware instruments and paper sheet music. When the show is going smooth and according to plan, it's ok (I've pre-programmed sounds on upper and lower keyboard), but when I need to change something on the fly, it's a mess - change the page, a lot of clickin', "wait-wait-WAIT!" etc... :hihi: It's problematic, especially at 2 o'clock A.M. ;).

I'd like to use Reaper with SWS Extensions as THE solution for merging VSTi with hardware for live gigs (I don't see the better alternative for Windows-based setup, but maybe there are better solutions). A friend of mine mentioned about software for iOS called Setlists. My other buddy is using MacOS-based notebook and Mainstage or other software which let him change the songs - lyrics, PC/MSB/LSB of patches on the hardware and/or plugins. Quite neat.

I haven't used Apple software (yet), I'm mainly in Windows (hence all my soft is Windows-oriented), but I was thinking if there's a solution for tablet (Android or iOS) or Windows. My go-to DAW is Reaper with SWS Extensions, my upper board is Yamaha-based (MOX/XS, planning to get MODX), lower is still RD700GX. As I will use notebook anyway, additional tablet is not necessary (but I think it should be handy when it comes to sheet music and changing songs). Don't want to spend hundreds, but if there IS a ideal solution, I'll gladly invest to get the job done and rather focus on configuring my setup for live show rather than worry about sheet/program changing/etc.

Big thanks for any tip! :D

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:11 pm

Anyone...?

KVRAF
6141 posts since 14 Nov, 2006 from Ankara, Turkey

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:39 am

Camelot Pro or Keystage.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:33 am

Thanks for reply. It seems Camelot Pro requires 64-bit only plugins and Keystage is Apple-only. So there's no Android solution?

KVRian
565 posts since 23 Dec, 2011

Post Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:48 am

MainStage. Built for live play. Includes Logic Pro's instruments and effects. Is dirt cheap and has a ton of online users and support. Requires a Mac though.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:53 am

I need something for Win/Android only, although I'm considering buying older iPad. I don't plan to use Mac.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”