How to save in uLaw and aLaw format?

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How to save in uLaw and aLaw format? I am making files for IVR, but I have not found such a common and old format for call center systems and answering machines.

Is it possible to add this format to Acoustica without using third-party converters? The fact is that after a third-party converter, the volume changes (RMS / LUFS), and it is necessary to select new parameters for normalization. Working in two programs increases the number of unnecessary movements.

I'm afraid the Acoustica doesn't support uLaw or aLaw. These are old and mostly obsolete formats and there's not much interest in them, I think.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:18 am I'm afraid the Acoustica doesn't support uLaw or aLaw. These are old and mostly obsolete formats and there's not much interest in them, I think.

Best,
Stian
Sorry to hear that. Your potential base is all the systems of cellular operators. All cellular communications work on this outdated format, because no one will drive traffic for IVR in mp3 format - it is unprofitable, therefore, a GSM data stream of 64 kbit is used.

Ok, thanks for your feedback. It is the first time we hear this request, but I've added it to the task tracking system and we'll see. It's not a large task, so we'll see what we can do.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:47 am Ok, thanks for your feedback. It is the first time we hear this request, but I've added it to the task tracking system and we'll see. It's not a large task, so we'll see what we can do.

Best,
Stian
I will be grateful. I think it won't take a lot of effort, because it is a very well-known and simple format. But I have been working at SoundForge with this format for 15 years, and nothing has changed during this time. All auto-answering machines or melodies on hold that you hear on your phone can be in only one of two formats: uLaw or 8khz / 16bit PCM.

Return to “Acon Digital”