FL Studio Tricks...Better Name!! :-)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FL Studio: 5 tips for creating templates you need to consider!

How to setup a personal template that fits your individual needs...
These are 5 ideas you should consider!

https://youtu.be/nzdIa70d1JE

The best free VST effects as at 2021

A little journey through my most loved free VST FX...

https://youtu.be/iCGeREs5oCA

FL Studio: New Beta = Cool features! FL Studio grows up! All changes explained...

This is a summary of all changes of 20.9 beta 4 and the new beta 5!

https://youtu.be/lu3c5hecen4

I watch all your videos trying to get excited for FL, but I just can't feel it. Maybe one of those days :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Well the 64 bit Soundfont player should finally shut up errr I mean make those people begging for one happy. :hihi:
antic604 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:49 pm I watch all your videos trying to get excited for FL, but I just can't feel it. Maybe one of those days :D
You could try the demo. I'm not sure if videos of any DAW are sufficient enough to convince or dissuade anyone when considering a purchase. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:58 pm
antic604 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:49 pm I watch all your videos trying to get excited for FL, but I just can't feel it. Maybe one of those days :D
You could try the demo. I'm not sure if videos of any DAW are sufficient enough to convince or dissuade anyone when considering a purchase. :shrug:
Oh, I already own the Signature Edition (found a great deal in physical music store nearby) but I can't get into it, despite trying several times.

I hope v21 brings some big changes to the workflow (to make it more "traditional", like 20.1+ already hinted). Frankly, just strarting with clean Playlist and Mixer would get me halfway there. It does my head in that I open empty template and it's already full of tracks & channels :D
Music tech enthusiast

FL certainly has its own workflows and surely isn't for everybody.

I'm looking forward to version 21 if for nothing else the new themes that have been promised. After using FL since version 3 something new and fresh to look at will be welcome.

And of course the good thing is no matter what 21 brings it will be free..... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Are you on Facebook or twitter to share/rt from your account to FL Studio Trance group/account?
Nova II, FL20+Fire, Sytrus, Transistor Bass, DUNE 3, Thorn, Viper, ANA 2 SynthMaster, Discovery Pro, Reason, SugarBytes, SoundToys, LION, TRIAD, Plugin-Alliance, T-Racks, AmpliTube, MODO Drum/Bass, iZotope MPS 2.
One Day: FLEXXX, Alpha Forever, Diversion 2

Man...that hurts... :D
antic604 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:17 pm I hope v21 brings some big changes to the workflow (to make it more "traditional", like 20.1+ already hinted). Frankly, just strarting with clean Playlist and Mixer would get me halfway there. It does my head in that I open empty template and it's already full of tracks & channels :D
It got already a lot better...

The only part which is missing for me for the linear workflow is "Duplicating tracks" which is currently in the make according to Shinyless...

Oh and if there wouldn´t be this nerving "Make unique" thingie but this will never go away I fear... :D

I think V21 will bring still a lot of goodies on top of the great additions they brought into this whole beta cycle...
I hope realtime fades will make it into audio clips already in the first release...

whannel wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:55 pm Are you on Facebook or twitter to share/rt from your account to FL Studio Trance group/account?
No, sorry...

Trancit wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:53 pmIt got already a lot better...
Maybe, but I think the changes so far signal they won't go far enough with v21 for me. Or maybe ever. For example you have to click those vertical "things" next to tracks to select them? How is that convenient or fast? Why don't just highlight the track, like every f**king DAW on the planet?! :dog:
Music tech enthusiast

^^^ that's why
... :)
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:52 am ^^^ that's why
Yes, I know. I don't like it either :)
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:54 am
xbitz wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:52 am ^^^ that's why
Yes, I know. I don't like it either :)
Understandable!

For an existing user, the excitement for at least having finally something like this overweights the question why it isn´t implemented in a more convieniant way...
For a person who´s interested in the software but is used to other programms it looks as weird as it actually is in reality...

In everyday life though it doesn´t make any difference if you highlight the track or use these "LED´s"

antic604 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:20 am
Trancit wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:53 pmIt got already a lot better...
Maybe, but I think the changes so far signal they won't go far enough with v21 for me. Or maybe ever. ...
I write this despite being a defender of the programm on one side...

As far as their (IL´s) arguments go:

- Things turn out more complicated to change as it seems from outside and require lots of rewriting bigger parts of the programm...
So it´s less a question of what they want to do but more a problem of how much time it takes to create the ability to do so...

- BUT... and this is a real big BUT nobody interested into the programm should leave out of sight:

They strictly insist on keeping the original nature of FL Studio!!

Means changes will impleted just as far as they don´t conflict with the "original" patternbased workflow and will always just be "optional"!!

For my understanding this means we will most likely never reach any state of "best of both worlds" but always a patternbased (and in my opinion because of that) more restricted DAW with a bit of linearity on top...

Further this means to me we will never reach the "freedom of linearity" with it´s logical workflow and feature richness...
The defenders of patternbased and nonlinearity workflow always claim the "freedom" for themselves but for me every linear sequencer on the market contains double as much "freedom" ...

Perhaps it´s a point of view... perhaps it´s personal preference... perhaps it´s my limited way of thinking but even if I like many aspects of FLS I found this pattern thingie 1000 times more limiting and complicated than the linear way of working...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”